What's new

The Knights of Speick!

Quickly one of my favorite aftershaves.

IMG_20230108_203952343.jpg

sotd 16-1

Today I luckily had another splendid shave. Yesterday I struggled a bit with the Personna injector blade on it's 1st shave, today everything worked out beautifully again. I am getting the hang of the Speick soap from the bowl too, where I first thought I liked the stick better. Great stuff. And the AS is just great, skin really absorbs it quickly and feels great.

Blackland Blackbird SS Lite
Schick Super Stainless Steel (4)
Razorock Plissoft
Speick Men Active soap
Speick Men AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, January 19th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "Tile" with a Yaqi handle- Mfg 2021>, great tame mild to tame mid range, similar to the Henson razors, made from 316 SS and has a built in angle for mostly carefree shaving. Machining and finish QC adequate for my shaving needs. I use a Kai SS Extra wide in this razor for a little more blade feel.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, the blade is wider by 9/1000 of a inch giving a slight boost in blade feel in those razors that need a little boost for your preference for blade feel.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities:001_wub:.
Brush : Yaqi "artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice ergonomic handle + great knot.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Tile razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD Jan 19 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

After returning home from a ski holiday, it was an absolute pleasure to be in my own bathroom again, and using some other stuff as the rest of the week. The Speick Soap, AS en FS brush are awesome!

sotd 29-1

Blackland Vector SS OC
Schick Proline P
Frank Shaving Pur-Tech synthetic brush
Speick Men Active soap
Speick Men AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

proxy.php

proxy.php

sotd 11-2 #oldmeetsnew

Lovely Speick combination, very refreshing and soothing. I have also started using the Speick bar soap, feels and smells very good too. You could say I am quickly becoming a Speick fan!

Schick E2
Personna injector PTFE coated (4)
Muhle Silver Tip Fibre M
Speick Men Active
Speick Men AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

proxy.php

proxy.php

sotd 19-3

This after shave is probably one of my favorites. I do like this soap as well, though I think the stick is better.

Blackland Razors Vector SS SB
Feather Professional (AC) (2)
Mühle Silver Tip Fibre M
Speick Men Active
Speick Men AS
Balea Men Energy ASB

proxy.php

Cream: Cremo original
Razor/Blade:
Head - High Proof w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - Segal w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Speick
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive
full

Speick men cream + AS lotion (splash) today. In fact I use the splash almost exclusively after every shave.

SOTD: Lupo 95 OC, German Wilkinson (1), RR Plissoft and the above.

Top Bottom