What's new

The King C. Gillette DE

My first thought was they were a Platinum rebrand also, but find the KCG branded blades smoother. I’m waiting for the microscope test also. I’ve never used them to compare but I’ve heard Nacets are very close.
Platinum light or dark blue also is different I like Nacet too.

Earlier today I decided to use a 30% coupon that was going to expire & bought the King C. Gillette. Reviews I've read on this site & seen on YouTube spark my interest. For the record I'm not fan of Gillette. But I love great inexpensive razors!

I was really impressed with the over-all quality, performance & smoothest of this razor. Used one of my go to blades for the first shave, an Astra SS. The only issue I had was getting use to the size & weight of the handle. I'm left handed & had no issues with the grip or knurling with my left hand. But I struggled to grip & maneuver this razor with my right hand. Using my pinky on the bottom to leverage the razor helped. I'm sure eventually I'll figured it out. But considering it's price point it's definitely worth trying one if you are a fan of mild razors.

They had to go with a longer handle because most men have never shaved with a razor that didn't have a long handle. They don't want to freak people out too much. It is a big change already to go from a cartridge razor to a DE. If the handle were short it would be yet another hurdle over which to jump.
Ill stick with my 13 1.95 Fatboys, long handles are for ladies shaving their legs in my opinion!

I do not own or use this razor but i went ahead and picked up two 10 packs of king c blades and i have to say they are very nice, 2-3 ticks below my everyday razor blade the gillette Nacet being number 1, astra superior plat or permasharp come in at 2&3 number four-5 for me would have to be the vintage gillette Ruby or a yellow 7oclock. So anyways i am a big fan of the KCG DE blade but there are better options for so much cheaper that give the same if not better Shaves. Im gonna hold onto the last pack of KCG blades till i can buy the razor and try that out!

Top Bottom