What's new

The Kaweco Thread

I’ve continued to use my Kawecos (2 different flavors of Ice Sport and 1 Sport) every day. This was prompted a bit by the fact that several years ago, I bought something like 6 small packs of Kaweco cartridges of different color inks. Kaweco ink is very well behaved, though nothing special. I have now used all but my 6 pack of black ink, so I’m going into the home stretch to finish up the stock.
I like their green and red, the rest not so much.

I'm currently using the Kaweco Sketch Up ball point at work with a black parker gel refil. The only thing that I dont like about it is the rubber grip section. So as soon as I get some old leather its coming off to be replaced. Otherwise its a great hefty thing to use. Love it.

I’ve continued to use my Kawecos (2 different flavors of Ice Sport and 1 Sport) every day. This was prompted a bit by the fact that several years ago, I bought something like 6 small packs of Kaweco cartridges of different color inks. Kaweco ink is very well behaved, though nothing special. I have now used all but my 6 pack of black ink, so I’m going into the home stretch to finish up the stock.

Aaaaaaand just as I was finishing up the last small cart of black ink, I cleaned my desk and found a pack of caramel brown with 3 cartridges left.

*sigh*

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I have now used all but my 6 pack of black ink, so I’m going into the home stretch to finish up the stock.
You 3017 your ink? :ouch1:
Really!

1678911668683.png

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Kaweco Ebonit Sport for their 140th anniversary.

Hang on for some serious sticker shock!

1698844862706.png

With the Kaweco Ebonit Sport, Kaweco takes us on a journey through time. Not only is the shape of the popular Sport model inspired by products from over a hundred years ago, but the material used also has a historical origin. In a time when the injection moulding process had not yet been invented, ebonite was often the material of choice for writing instruments. The name ebonite goes back to ebony, the exotic wood that the synthetic material was trying to imitate. The expressive marbling and the highly polished surface have a very similar appearance. The composition of the material with natural rubber and sulphur is totally natural. The combination with gold-plated elements underlines the nostalgic character of the fountain pen and enhances the warm brown grain. A complex burin engraving perfectly complements the history-steeped craftmanship.

As a perfect addition, the limited set includes a nostalgic clip in gold to attach the pen securely to a writing pad. Besides the standard royal blue ink cartridge in the fountain pen, there is also a convenient 10-pack of all Kaweco ink colours to individualise your own writing. Everything together is placed within a special packaging, which is inspired by historical cardboard boxes from back then.

Please note that due to the presence of sulphur in the material, the pen develops a patina and becomes a unique collector’s item with its own individual colouring over time. The original condition can be restored with a simple polish.

The story of Kaweco starts in the year 1883. For 140 years, Kaweco has been writing history with high-quality writing instruments and is therefore known as one of the oldest brands in its industrial sector. A heritage that is still reflected in its product design today. Then as now, the following principle is groundbreaking: to create writing instruments with a lot of passion and love that will be a beloved and loyal companion for a lifetime.

Kaweco Ebonit Sport for their 140th anniversary.

Hang on for some serious sticker shock!

View attachment 1741857

With the Kaweco Ebonit Sport, Kaweco takes us on a journey through time. Not only is the shape of the popular Sport model inspired by products from over a hundred years ago, but the material used also has a historical origin. In a time when the injection moulding process had not yet been invented, ebonite was often the material of choice for writing instruments. The name ebonite goes back to ebony, the exotic wood that the synthetic material was trying to imitate. The expressive marbling and the highly polished surface have a very similar appearance. The composition of the material with natural rubber and sulphur is totally natural. The combination with gold-plated elements underlines the nostalgic character of the fountain pen and enhances the warm brown grain. A complex burin engraving perfectly complements the history-steeped craftmanship.

As a perfect addition, the limited set includes a nostalgic clip in gold to attach the pen securely to a writing pad. Besides the standard royal blue ink cartridge in the fountain pen, there is also a convenient 10-pack of all Kaweco ink colours to individualise your own writing. Everything together is placed within a special packaging, which is inspired by historical cardboard boxes from back then.

Please note that due to the presence of sulphur in the material, the pen develops a patina and becomes a unique collector’s item with its own individual colouring over time. The original condition can be restored with a simple polish.

The story of Kaweco starts in the year 1883. For 140 years, Kaweco has been writing history with high-quality writing instruments and is therefore known as one of the oldest brands in its industrial sector. A heritage that is still reflected in its product design today. Then as now, the following principle is groundbreaking: to create writing instruments with a lot of passion and love that will be a beloved and loyal companion for a lifetime.
Gorgeous pen, but I looked up the price and, um, well…

I'm jonesing for a Kaweco Sport in brass with a 1.1 stub nib. I'll likely get one in a couple of months, but I want to write with it, first, before I buy. That means I have to drive to the local brick and mortar in all of this traffic.

I'm jonesing for a Kaweco Sport in brass with a 1.1 stub nib. I'll likely get one in a couple of months, but I want to write with it, first, before I buy. That means I have to drive to the local brick and mortar in all of this traffic.
I have a Kaweco Sport in brass, but in EF and I like it a lot. Just prepare yourself for the weight. Takes a bit to get used to. It is a great EDC pen and the more patina it gets the more beautiful it gets.

Bought a AL Sport Raw roller ball just before Christmas, Standard G2 soul gel ink refill. Very nice but the refill writes more like liquid ink, which I like.

I have a Kaweco Sport in brass, but in EF and I like it a lot. Just prepare yourself for the weight. Takes a bit to get used to. It is a great EDC pen and the more patina it gets the more beautiful it gets.
I do have a 1.1 stub nib in my brass sport. Its a really nice nib imho. I don't notice the weight as I have big ole hands. Get one you'll like it.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member

New: Kaweco Sport Piston Filler​

Kaweco_Piston-filler_Black.jpg

Not for me, I've got plenty of piston fillers that aren't just a little too short!
I do like the integral clip, though.

The Sport used to be a piston filler way back when, gold nib too. (1930's through '70's). Then cartridge in 1995

1711671667199.png

I came here to post about the new piston filler but @nemo beat me to it.

This piston filler ain't cheap! But, I understand the nib is a new design and is smoother than their other nibs (or did I dream that?).

Top Bottom