What's new

The joy of shaving...

My Dad has been in hospital for the past three weeks recouperating from an illness that almost took him from us but he is on the mend. I go see him most days and today is no exception. We sit around and jabber about what’s on the news and the hockey games. He asked me if I wouldn’t mind bringing him in a shaver because he was really feeling scruffy. My Dad has shaved everyday for pretty much his whole life and in the near 50 years I have been around I have never seen him with a beard or moustache. So today I got him a new Braun shaver, yes I know but he’s in hospital so you roll with it. Just finished watching him shave and the joy of watching his face light up as he maneuvered his new “Face Ferrari” around was priceless. The joy of shaving, how a simple act can make you feel more like yourself almost instantly. Tomorrow’s SOTD I will dedicate to him. When I get him home I’ll lend him the 34 A’crat to take for a spin, it is slightly older than he is and he got a real hoot out of hearing how I caught that whale...

Hug those you love and keep them close, if not in your arms, in your heart and let them know it’s so...

Take care and safe travels.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It’s almost like a fresh shave can bring new life in to you. When my dad was at home unable to shave himself I did the job for him. It’s really amazing all the terrible things going on and a fella just wants a shave.

May your Dad's health continue to improve day by day,
and may your love for each other continue to be strong.
:a14::a14::a14:

Top Bottom