SOTD

Razor:
Ti95OC
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Shavemac 26/52
Soap: WK La Fougere Parfaite
ASL: Clubman
20220707_220616[1].jpg

Man I love the scent of the WK La Fougere, but the lather seems to be lacking the slickness of the Stirling Bay Rum I have been using lately.
Or it could be this is only the second time I have shaved my face in a year, but I felt the blade tonight. Not in a bad way feel, but the blade was the ONLY thing I felt.

And when I say only, I mean the razor simply disappeared and all I felt was the blade. I didn't feel the guard, the cap, or the handle. I'm pretty sure I was shaving steep for most of the shave, but I can neither confirm nor deny that I was shaving steep or not. I was not aware of the razor.

The main reason I chose this razor was because I am still evening up the sides of my goatee, and I needed an open comb to do some more whacking.
Whacking with precision is what I got, the blade always letting me know just where it was, but never giving a hint that it wanted to step out of place.

Two passes like usual, the first mostly WTG/XTG N-S, but with lots and lots of trimming and edging. A LOT.

Then the S-N pass which I consider an ATG pass, was surprisingly free of drama, and actually more comfortable than the first pass.

The Witch hazel was soothing, the Clubman had less of a sting than usual, with Nivea balm keeping up with the rest of the band, and a surprisingly close shave was had.

We are talking a surprise BBS on my face, and the next best thing to that on my neck. No redness, no weepers, no irritation, just the blade and me.

~doug~

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Timeless Thursday
High Efficiency
SOTD

Razor:
Ti95OC
View attachment 1484559
Man I love the scent of the WK La Fougere, but the lather seems to be lacking the slickness of the Stirling Bay Rum I have been using lately.
Or it could be this is only the second time I have shaved my face in a year, but I felt the blade tonight. Not in a bad way feel, but the blade was the ONLY thing I felt.

And when I say only, I mean the razor simply disappeared and all I felt was the blade. I didn't feel the guard, the cap, or the handle. I'm pretty sure I was shaving steep for most of the shave, but I can neither confirm nor deny that I was shaving steep or not. I was not aware of the razor.

The main reason I chose this razor was because I am still evening up the sides of my goatee, and I needed an open comb to do some more whacking.
Whacking with precision is what I got, the blade always letting me know just where it was, but never giving a hint that it wanted to step out of place.

Two passes like usual, the first mostly WTG/XTG N-S, but with lots and lots of trimming and edging. A LOT.

Then the S-N pass which I consider an ATG pass, was surprisingly free of drama, and actually more comfortable than the first pass.

The Witch hazel was soothing, the Clubman had less of a sting than usual, with Nivea balm keeping up with the rest of the band, and a surprisingly close shave was had.

We are talking a surprise BBS on my face, and the next best thing to that on my neck. No redness, no weepers, no irritation, just the blade and me.

~doug~

No whiskers makes for a very big change until you get used to it.

Is the cap SS?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Timeless Thursday
High Efficiency
SOTD

Razor:
Ti95OC
View attachment 1484559

~doug~

That is one sweet looking razor.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
High Efficiency
SE Sunday

Razor:
Vector with MMOC handle
Blade: Proline (4)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
ASL: the "Veg"
20220710_215913.jpg

This Shavemac is becoming my favorite brush, just the right size, soft with good scrub and backbone, nice flow through. What more could you ask in a brush?

The Vector continues to impress me with it's sheer efficiency and smoothness. While it can be described as nimble, the extra width does reduce the maneuverability when shaving around a goatee.

The first leisurely N-S pass was plenty good for a Sunday evening shave, but I followed that with another wetter and just as leisurely N-S pass, with an even wetter and more leisurely final S-N pass.

I mean to say that I took my time with each pass, so as to fully enjoy the shave.

With each pass I could feel the blade removing stubble, each pass smoother and more comfortable than the previous pass until the blade went silent.

The Witch hazel was soothing and I splashed my face with enough Veg to make the dogs next door start barking, Nivea balm putting the final touch on a great shave.

My face is like glass and my neck as smooth as it ever gets.

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wolfman SOTD

Razor:
WR2 0.95 with bronze/brass GTB handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega Silver Tip
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla
20220715_230153[1].jpg

I didn't notice it until a day after my last shave, but either I trimmed my goatee a bit too close to the blasted mole on my right cheek, or I face lathered too vigorously, but the blasted mole had a tiny scab on it.

With five days worth of stubble, me wanting an efficient comfortable shave, and the blasted mole telling me to stay away from it, I bowl lathered the Fine Italian Citrus and grabbed my Wolfman for a two pass shave.

My black Omega Silvertip is probably my softest and most broken-in badger, and was a real treat to use tonight.

I took my time with the first pass, N-S, going over each area until the razor grew silent, relathered and did the same for the second pass, S-N.

With nothing left to shave for a third pass I rinsed, cleaned my gear and slapped on some Witch hazel, Pinaud Classic Vanilla, Nivea balm, and I've got dolphin skin.

It's shaves like this that make me glad I bought this razor. Was it worth the wait? Was it worth the money?

Absolutely. Why wait for Wednesday?

~doug~

Wolfman SOTD

Razor:
WR2 0.95 with bronze/brass GTB handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega Silver Tip
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla
View attachment 1488871
I didn't notice it until a day after my last shave, but either I trimmed my goatee a bit too close to the blasted mole on my right cheek, or I face lathered too vigorously, but the blasted mole had a tiny scab on it.

With five days worth of stubble, me wanting an efficient comfortable shave, and the blasted mole telling me to stay away from it, I bowl lathered the Fine Italian Citrus and grabbed my Wolfman for a two pass shave.

My black Omega Silvertip is probably my softest and most broken-in badger, and was a real treat to use tonight.

I took my time with the first pass, N-S, going over each area until the razor grew silent, relathered and did the same for the second pass, S-N.

With nothing left to shave for a third pass I rinsed, cleaned my gear and slapped on some Witch hazel, Pinaud Classic Vanilla, Nivea balm, and I've got dolphin skin.

It's shaves like this that make me glad I bought this razor. Was it worth the wait? Was it worth the money?

Absolutely. Why wait for Wednesday?

~doug~

That handle is beautiful. Is the center section on this one brass?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
High Efficiency
SE SOTD

Razor:
Vector with GTB handle
Blade: Feather Proguard (1)
Brush: Omega Silvertip
Soap: Club Cola
ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
20220719_204656[1].jpg

I had another nice two pass shave with the Vector last night, dialed back a notch with a Feather Proguard blade that I originally got to use with my Feather Pro AC razor.

I decided to try one after noticing the Kai Captain Titan Mild Pro Touch MG Blades seems to be a very popular pairing with this razor, and was pleasantly surprised. While the blade feels just as sharp as the Proline blades, the Vector feels more, refined. I have some Kai blades on order.

I'm also starting to bowl lather again, so as to let the pesky mole on my right cheek have a break and heal properly. I must say, my Omega tortoise shell badger is one soft brush, and felt a treat on my face.

Looks like we are in for another day in the triple digits here in the Inland Empire, I'm staying indoors with the AC on!

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Where is the Inland Empire? That's a new geographic term for me.

Happy shaves,

Jim
That would be Riverside and San Bernardino counties, Jim.

The rising costs of affordable housing in Orange and Los Angeles counties has driven many of us SoCal denizens inland, and many of the cities that were once a mere blink of the eye as you passed them by, are now thriving communities.

We like to call it the IE.

~doug~

Top Bottom