The Journal of a Backwards Professor

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tuesday, October 1
Piccollo/Gentile
Feather(5)
Omega 10066
MWF

Took my time, got a nice lather. Just a regular 2 pass shave. The blade feels about the same as yesterday. The razor is efficient, I have a close shave, I have no irritation. I really put this combo close to the Red Tip with a + on efficiency. comfort level the same. Very Close Shave

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wednesday, October 2
RR DE1
Astra SP(1)
Omega 10066 and MWF

No water in bowl, took my time, got a nice lather. Too bad the razor and blade sucked. Total fail combo. I can't believe I got decent shaves when I started out with this combo......... 1 pass, got a weeper and nicked my mole! Whitch hazel was ok, used the Veg, my face was not very happy SAS
20191002_204907[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thursday, October 3
67 Tech
Astra SP(2)
Cremo horsey
MWF

Got a pretty nice lather, the Cremo Horse is the Boss for now...... Got a much better shave with the Tech than the DE1, smoother and closer, but still got a weeper and nick. 2 passes, really did a nice job on my neck. But not what I have become used to as far as comfort goes. Will try a Nacet in this razor next. SAS
20191003_090022[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Friday, October 4
53 Tech
Nacet(6)
RR Bruce
MWF

Once again, it took some time, but a very nice lather was had. The 53 Tech once again proved why it is my favorite tech. The first pass was smooth WTG face and neck. This razor is happy when you take your time with the shave. The 2nd pass WTG face, and ATG neck. I rarely shave ATG, but this razor is so mild it breezed through and gave me no irritation at all. The Whitch Hazel was cool, and the Barbershop was refreshing.
DFS/ almost a BBS
20191004_201242[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Saturday, October 5
English Tech(early)
Nacet(7)
Omega S
MWF

As usual, took a bit of time, great lather. The MWF really was nice and thick and creamy. The 1st pass felt nice and smooth, I could really feel the feedback. As usual, the MWF was even better for the 2nd pass. This razor is so mild that I could not feel it cut until I shaved XTG and ATG. The feedback that it gave let me find the precise angle for shaving my neck ATG with absolutely no irritation. I did take extra time on both passes, but was rewarded with a fantastic shave. I waited till I felt my skin tighten to apply the Witch Hazel, and the AV was a cool refreshing splash with no stinging at all. BBS
20191005_185751[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Sunday, October 6
Prewar Tech
Nacet(8)
Omega 10290
MWF

Twas a little airy, needed to add some water. This brush doesn't really agree with MWF, too much backbone. I have gotten so used to OC's that I can get away with a 1 pass shave with them. Not with a tech. So the 1st pass was just a light WTG pass. 2nd pass XTG face and ATG neck. Pretty comfortable shave, but the English Tech gets the nod, as it was just as nice, but much closer. DFS
20191006_200505[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Monday, October 7
SLOC
Nacet(9)
Cremo Horsey MWF

As per usual, time was spent, a nice lather was had. The 1st pass was light as a breeze, as the open comb memory came back in a flash. Only WTG on 2nd pass face and neck. Could have gone ATG, didn't need to. I did feel the blade during the shave, I think that is a characteristic of this razor. Witch hazel felt cool as usual, Amici felt nice with a little sticky feeling, it goes away pretty fast.
DFS
20191007_214729[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tuesday, October 8
Merkur15C
Nacet(10)
Omega 66
MWF

Sprinkled some lemon drops in the mug water. Meh. Pretty nice lather. The Nacet still is giving me feedback, but not really dragging. Just doesn't feel efficient. No real irritation, maybe the Gillette Platinum spoiled me? 1st pass WTG felt just ok. 2nd pass XTG nothing exciting to write home about. As I still felt stubble on my neck, went full ATG 3rd pass neck, for a really close shave. A really nice shave actually. A BBS, but not a DFS, because I felt the Witch hazel, and the AV really woke me up. 4 hours later felt rough.....
20191008_163643[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wednesday, October 9
Piccolo
Nacet(11)
Omega 10066
MWF

Nice lather. 1st pass still feeling the blade. 2nd pass XTG can feel the blade cutting. Still enough stubble that I did a 3rd pass ATG neck. I could feel the Whitch hazel, and the AV really was a blast as in too much ATG............. Very Close Shave, needs new blade.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thursday, October 10
GC68
Nacet(12)
Omega 10066
MWF

Nice lather, in time. I think it is time to bin this blade, It feels the same in every razor. 1st pass regular WTG. 2nd pass regular WTG/XTG. Pretty decent shave. I think I will try a Gillette Platinum again. OK Shave.
20191010_162900[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
OK, for those brave enough to follow along on my backwards journey, I have caught up, and my posts from now on will be my most recent shaves.

For tonight's shave I was gonna use a Gillette Platinum, as my last Nacet seemed a bit off, but I came across a couple of Super Nacets a friend sent me from Singapore, and I wanted to give one a try.

Friday, October 11
Piccolo
Super Nacet(1)
Omega 10066
MWF

50 swirls was enough for a comfy lather. I felt the blade under my nose and a little around my lips, then the blade smoothed out for the rest of the 1st pass. One pass would have been enough, but I still had a bowl full of lather. So a nice 2nd pass was to be had, mainly XTG. Very smooth. The Whitch hazel was refreshing, and I used the Veg for a splendid finish to a nice shave.
DFS

20191011_192158[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Saturday, October 12
Piccolo Super
Nacet(2)
Omega 10066
MWF

I was in a bit of a hurry, and the lather was pretty light for the 1st pass. Went back to the puck for a few swirls, and the and the 2nd pass lather was much better. The shave was only OK, I don't like being rushed, I felt the Whitch hazel some, and the Amici splash gave me a quick sting. SAS
20191012_164047[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Sunday, October 13
Piccolo
Super Nacet(3)
Omega S
MWF

I wasn't in a hurry today, but my hands were tired from moving engines around and I didn't want to spend half my shave making lather.
Mitchell's Wool Fat sure does have a lot of loyal fans, and I do like it once I build a nice creamy lather with it. It just seems that it takes much longer to get a really nice lather with it than all of my other soaps. If you are in a hurry and get a light lather, going back to the puck works great, but 2 weeks of MWF is enough for me........
Arko whips up a great lather in seconds and I never have to go back to the puck.

The synthetic brush did it's job, I got a nice lather and a pretty nice shave. 1st pass normal WTG, I can still feel the blade under my nose and around my lips. 2nd pass lather was nice, just took it easy mostly XTG. The Whitch hazel felt OK, and the AV made itself pronounced but felt great afterwards.
DFS

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Sunday, October 20
Picollo
Super Nacet(4)
Omega boar
WTP

Pretty decent lather. I haven't shaved for a week, and with 6 days growth it took a bit of brushing my face to build a nice cushion. I could still feel a lot of blade as it mowed almost effortlessly through the growth. I could feel a bit of tugging on my chin, more than usual. I only trimmed my sideburns even with my earlobes. 1 pass only WTG. The Witch hazel felt nice as did the Amici. No irritation.
SAS
20191020_202722[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Monday, October 21
Picollo
Nacet(1)
Cremo Horsey
Williams Mug Soap

I started with a damp brush, not enough to get suds, just light and creamy. I didn't add much water, but took my time with it like MWF. It never got foamy at all and lathered up OK. I was using a fresh blade and it felt really comfortable. So maybe the Super Nacets are not so Super. I think I will try the MWF again with this new blade to see if that is what made the difference. 2 pass WTG. Witch hazel nice and cool, the Amici only gave a light notice, then cooled off nice.

DFS
20191021_181911[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tuesday, October 22
Piccolo
Nacet(2)
Cremo Horsey
WMS/Dove

I mixed half/half WMS and Dove Shea Butter. The lather was nice, creamy, a little foamy. 1st pass WTG not bad. 2nd pass lather really nice and thick, but I felt the blade a bit on my neck. The Witch hazel and Amici confirmed that plain WMS takes more time to lather, but leaves me with less irritation.
SAS
20191022_201643[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wednesday, October 23
Piccolo
Nacet(3)
Omega 10066
Mike's Orange

I must not have had enough water in the brush, it took a while to get a nice lather. 1st pass WTG felt nice. 2nd pass mostly WTG, the Mike's really performed well tonight. Witch hazel went on nice, and the Amici left me with no sting at all.
DFS
20191023_215526[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thursday, October 24
Schone
Nacet(4)
Omega 66
Mike's Orange

I still need to use more water, but got a nice lather. I could still feel the blade on the 1st pass, but it felt more like slicing than cutting, WTG. The 2nd pass was more of the same, very comfortable, as I could really feel it reducing my stubble nicely, the 2nd pass was also WTG. The Witch hazel and AV was a nice refreshing splash without a hint of sting.

DFS
20191024_171356[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Saturday, October 26
SLOC
Nacet(6)
Omega 66
Mike's Orange

Started with a pretty damp brush, got a pretty nice lather, still added some water. The 1st pass almost felt like I forgot to lather, the blade grabbed as soon as it touched my upper lip. I adjusted the angle, but I could feel the combs on my face, WTG. The 2nd pass was more of the same, so I rode the cap for the rest of the shave. Only XTG on my cheeks, WTG the rest. Wasn't the most comfortable shave, but ended up pretty close. I felt some irritation from both the Witch hazel and AV, not too bad.

Close Shave
20191026_192924[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Sunday, October 27
Merkur15C
Nacet(7)
Omega 290
Mike's Orange

Started off with a very damp brush, got a really nice lather. Just a 1 pass shave today, as I'm using my Birth Quarter Red Tip SS tomorrow for my birthday. The Merkur delivered as usual a nice clean shave. No irritation at all with the Witch hazel and AV.

DFS
20191027_191246[1].jpg

Top Bottom