Sunday SOTD

Razor:
GC68-P
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless(2)
Brush: Torga Mistura C3
Soap: PdP 63
ASL: Aqua Velva
20230115_182746.jpg

Continuing the Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up my GC68-P with a Feather Hi Stainless (2), since the last blade I used in my GC68-P turned out to be a dud.

Tonight's one pass shave I actually felt and heard the blade cutting, but the GC68-P is so mild I did not feel the blade.
Buffing was required to achieve the same closeness with one pass as with the Lupo 72, but this razor is more carefree. I could shave with this razor everyday, and have.
The Feather Hi Stainless is a good match, but there is a Kai waiting in the wings.

The Witch hazel felt warm and fuzzy, the Aqua Velva almost stung for a split second before the cool menthol kicked in, and the Nivea Balm sealed the deal.

I would be remiss if I didn't give the Torga C3 Mistura an honorable mention, after a half dozen or more offline lathering sessions, I do believe it is broken-in. Easily loaded up and face lathered the PdP 63, felt like a creampuff with a touch of scrub.

Another plus with the Feather Hi Stainless blade, it just drops in-and-out of the GC68-P. If you know, you know.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

lasta

Blade Biter
Ah, that would be the World's Finest Handle, the inspiration for my GT Series.

~doug~
Not brown nosing or anything, but I think the GT design is better. Neck is too fat on the WF, and too much flat on the rear end!

I do like the proportion of their handle though, have you measured it?

I think a slightly shorter, but well-pinched neck would make even fat handles look sleek.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Not brown nosing or anything, but I think the GT design is better. Neck is too fat on the WF, and too much flat on the rear end!
Yeah, well the GT was supposed to be an improvement over the WFH, and lighter.:nono:
View attachment 1589039

What's the diameter of the new handle, Doug?

It looks pretty fat and maybe 80 mm in length. I'd guess a diameter of around 14 mm. Maybe 15.

It is very nice looking. I'm glad to see you playing with your toys, my friend.

Happy shaves lathes,

Jim
Looks can be deceiving Jim.
20230116_062750.jpg

All three handles on the left are 14.3mm, but only three of them are 78mm long. Can you spot the handle the 76.5mm long handle?

~doug~

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yeah, well the GT was supposed to be an improvement over the WFH, and lighter.:nono:

Looks can be deceiving Jim.
View attachment 1589101
All three handles on the left are 14.3mm, but only three of them are 78mm long. Can you spot the handle the 76.5mm long handle?

~doug~

Thanks, Doug.

Far right is the shortest?

(At least that's a SSWAG.)

14.3 is a very good diameter.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
MdC Monday

Razor:
Lupo 72SB
Blade: Kai (4)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: MdC Agrumes
ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
20230116_202324[1].jpg

Continuing with the Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up the Lupo 72SB with a Kai (4).
And I binned the Kai after the shave. Just like a Feather Hi Stainless it appeared to lose it's edge after two shaves.

Oh, I definitely felt the blade during the shave, but is lacked the smoothness from previous shaves and needed a second pass on my neck to finish the job.

I guess that makes my one pass shave a one plus two.

The Shavemac 22/50 continues to have a bit of scritch that I'm sure will go away in time. I'll continue to put it through it's paces.

The Witch hazel did tingle a warning the Classic Vanilla was gonna sting, and boy howdy did it sting, fortunately the Nivea Balm was on hand for the rescue.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Top Bottom