Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thursday, February 6
Piccolo SE
Nacet(1)
Omega Silver Tip
AdP Colonia
Eau Sauvage

Last night's shave was so nice, I decided to stick with the same kit.
I just love the smell of the AdP, and it makes really great lather too.
The Omega badger is like the PJ2's big brother, nice and soft with just the right amount of backbone.

I had a lot of spots I missed yesterday, so I took my time on the 1st WTG pass, face and neck.The Pic just made a nice sweeping sound.

The 2nd pass was XTG face and WTG neck. I got a lot closer to the scar, but it is in the spot I always have trouble with anyway and I dare not shave ATG there.

I used the Witch hazel and the Eau Sauvage leaves my face nice and soft. I finished up with Nivea balm.

DFS
20200206_201329[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Flare Tip Friday, February 7
54 Flare Tip
Nacet(3)
Acca Kappa
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Vegetal

A damp badger, about 20 swirls and a wonderful lather was a the ready for Flare Tip Friday.

I'm not sure why, maybe because I know this razor, but I decided to start my shave at the bottom of my neck and go full ATG for the 1st pass, neck and face.
I did shave WTG under my nose and chin. The razor just swept along nice and smooth.

The 2nd pass I shaved my face XTG and neck WTG. Again, it was very smooth as I could feel the remaining stubble disappear with a light sweeping sound.
I still had plenty of lather left so I made a touch-up pass on my face WTG and XTG under my nose and chin.

I got a wonderful BBS with almost no irritation at all.

The Witch hazel felt nice and cool, the Veg had it's usual micro sting followed by a cooling dryness. I finished up with Nivea balm. My face feels smooth and supple, now I remember why I like this razor so much.

20200207_115201[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I was too tired to shave Saturday after spending the day at the WinterNationals taking pictures and walking through the pits.

Sunday, February 9
54 Flare Tip
Nacet(4)
Simpson PJ2
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Clubman

A highly polished brass ashtray looks really cool, but doesn't make a very good lather bowl. I tried it before I polished it and it was only marginally better. One thing, it really holds the heat for a long time! This is an ashtray that my Grandpa made many, many years ago, he used it for his King Edward cigars.

Fortunately the AdP is so good I still got plenty of lather for a 3 pass shave.

I didn't shave last night and extra stubble was a bit much for the Flare Tip on the 1st ATG pass. I might have had the angle a little steep, as there was a lot of stubble left on my neck.
Even my face had some after the 1st pass. I wouldn't say that the razor was tugging, more it felt like it was struggling.

The 2nd pass was XTG face and neck, and cleaned up most of the stubble. It was also smoother, but I still needed another pass after I rinsed. The 3rd pass was mostly WTG, with some buffing, and the most comfortable pass.

The Witch hazel was only ok, but the Clubman felt nice. I finished up with Nivea balm.

Tonight's shave is very close to a BBS, my face feels OK, there is no irritation at all, but it seemed like too much work tonight. I''m not sure if it is the blade or the razor. This is the 2nd Nacet in a row that has let me down on the 4th shave.

20200209_190456[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thats the main thing I dont like about mild razors.
Amazing what skipping a day shaving makes with some razors. Last night's shave was not nearly as nice as Friday's shave. Next time I will grab the Red Tip........

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Red Tip, maybe. I know with a Fatip OC it makes little difference how long you might wait between shaves.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Red Tip, maybe. I know with a Fatip OC it makes little difference how long you might wait between shaves.
+1

I also decided to try out these alignment bushings that I made for my Schöne.
20200210_155644[1].jpg20200210_164357[1].jpg20200210_164423[1].jpg20200210_164452[1].jpg20200210_164544[1].jpg
With these in place the fit and alignment is the same every-time. I know that takes some of the fun out of it, but, being a machinist I accepted the challenge.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Monday, February 10
Schöne Nacet(5)
The "Boss"
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Clubman

Tonight's shave was OK, but not really comfortable.
The "Boss" was my first brush, and served me well, but seems to be more schritchy than I remember. I think my badgers have me spoiled.
Even my Omega 290 is softer.........

Shaving ATG on my 1st pass is still a new concept to me, and I could really feel the blade working on my neck. While I don't have a very heavy beard, my hair is very coarse. That may be why I am noticing the blade sharpness falling off so much faster than when my 1st pass is WTG. The Schöne is more efficient than my Flare Tip, so the 1st pass was pretty close, just not very smooth.

The 2nd WTG pass was smoother, but I have had better shaves with this razor, it's time to bin the blade.

The Witch hazel felt nice and cool, and the Clubman was refreshing. I finished up with Nivea balm.

My face feels nice and smooth, but I am looking forward to using a fresh blade tomorrow.

20200210_164255[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I shaved a little earlier than usual tonight, and feeling my face about 4 hours after my shave, it is still very smooth. I don't feel any stubble at all........well, some on my chin, but that is par for the course.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Schöne RAD Killer? Meme.png

Maybe you'll really like it...

Are you going to try the straight razor?

Not saying you should of course.

I read part of your thread, and liked it, but then skipped ahead to see if you'd later introduced pictures (we like pictures) and found you had.

2-7-20.Bismarck.Kit.ABC.Z-Horse.640JPG.JPG

Speaking of which, this is one of my favorite razors.

Keep up the good work.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
That is very cool. Its a shame they arent all made exactly the same or you could market them haha.
I actually made about a dozen of them, and you spot the one that is .020" shorter than the rest, great eye!
It's too bad the lathe I made them on is now in Florida........... now that I am retired I am thinking of getting myself a small CNC lathe and possibly making some custom handles and such. Or I could just get my 100 year old Brown&Sharpe turret lathe running again............

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
View attachment 1062050

Maybe you'll really like it...

Are you going to try the straight razor?

Not saying you should of course.

I read part of your thread, and liked it, but then skipped ahead to see if you'd later introduced pictures (we like pictures) and found you had.

View attachment 1062054

Speaking of which, this is one of my favorite razors.

Keep up the good work.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks Jim, I enjoy reading your threads. I have been on a bit of a sabbatical from using my straights, but I have been keeping a weeks worth of razors shave ready.......

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks Jim, I enjoy reading your threads.

You're welcome. It's my pleasure.

I have been on a bit of a sabbatical from using my straights, but I have been keeping a weeks worth of razors shave ready.......

Ah, a man after my own heart.

1581448908864.png

I'm shooting for several sets of seven (which is a totally insane project).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tuesday, February 11
Piccolo SE
Feather(1)
Omega 66
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Clubman

I wanted to try out a cheap lather bowl I got at the asian market. It is a little taller than my usual bowl and has ribs running in circles around it. I hit it with some coarse sandpaper to get the shine off. It is also made out of a hard plastic, so it won't break if It gets dropped. Not that I would drop it.

I got a pretty decent bowl of lather with it, but I still prefer the ceramic bowl.

The Omega did a nice job lathering up, and with a fresh Feather I again started my shave at the base of my neck for a full ATG 1st pass.
At first it felt smooth, but about halfway up my neck I felt some resistance and decided to try riding the cap a bit. And got the dreaded Feather 1st use weeper.

I didn't notice it right away and finished up the 1st pass, only going WTG under my nose and chin. I used some styptic to stop the drip and finished up with a quick WTG 2nd pass.

After rinsing off I thought about a 3rd pass, but my face felt pretty smooth. My neck had some irritation from the Witch hazel, and I did feel the Clubman a bit. I finished up with Nivea balm.

If not for the weeper, it would have been a nice shave. Still pretty close, just not all that comfortable as I am used to with my Piccolo.

20200211_161643[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wednesday, February 12
Piccolo SE/Feather(2)
Game Changer 68P/Gillette Platinum(1)
Omega badger
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Clubman

Tonight's shave was pretty nice.

The Omega badger delivered a wonderful lather, have I said how much I love this brush?

Even though last night's shave wasn't my most comfortable shave, it was close enough that I could have skipped shaving tonight. But what would be the fun in that?

With my neck a little touchy I only shaved ATG on my neck until I started to feel some resistance, then shaved my face ATG and the rest of my neck, under my nose and chin WTG.

After rinsing, my face felt pretty good so I shaved my face, under my nose and chin XTG, and neck WTG for the 2nd pass, the Omega badger brushing a nice creamy lather on my face.

The 2nd pass was so smooth I decided 3rd WTG pass was in order. The razor felt much smoother tonight with the 2nd use Feather, and the Witch hazel did give me a little notice that the Clubman would also sting a bit, but not for long.

I finished up with Nivea balm. My face feels smooth and soft. DFS

20200211_161729[1].jpg

I know the picture shows MdC, but I really used AdP.........

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Update on last night's shave. When I got up this morning and felt my face, it was still buttery smooth. But I could see on my neck where I had stopped shaving ATG on the 1st pass, the stubble had already appeared.
I will try another full ATG 1st pass tonight, and pay more attention to keeping a steep angle, and see how that works tomorrow morning.......

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thursday, February 13
GC 68P/Feather(3)
Red Tip/Gillette Platinum(1)
Semogue 620
AdP Colonia
Pinaud Clubman

Tonight's shave was very nice.

This Semogue boar won me over right away, the perfect balance of backbone and softness. If I was a face latherer, it would probably be my favorite brush. It is my favorite boar.......

My 1st pass was full ATG on my neck, the rigidity of the razor really shined, and I was able to comfortably shave all the way up to my chin. I made sure that I kept a nice steep angle and didn't touch the cap.

My face was ear to lips, then WTG under my nose and chin.

I only put a thin lather on for my 2nd pass, WTG face and neck, XTG under my nose and chin.

I had a ton of lather left and used most of it for a nice 3rd pass. Nose to ear on my face, I could feel it remove all the remaining hair, and another N-S pass on my neck was so comfortable I couldn't feel the blade at all.

I cleaned up all of my gear before I put on the Witch hazel, and it really felt nice and cool. The Clubman stung some on my face, but nothing but a cool feeling on my neck. I had zero irritation on my neck......
I finished up with some HA and Nivea balm.

I call a Definite DFS
20200213_102631[1].jpg

The Red Tip is waiting in line for tomorrow's Flare Tip Friday!

Top Bottom