What's new

The Janus Modern Toggle Limited Edition (51) Review

It's been quite a journey for the maker, Eric. Most folks would have given up long ago considering the manufacturing/supplier hurdles he had to overcome to get the razors to us. I am looking forward to pics and reviews from those of us who ordered one.

Not sure if Eric will pursue making more so the 51 limited edition units could be incredibly rare. I am happy that some of us had enough confidence in his entrepreneurship to back him for the limited edition run.
Janus Limited Edition Toggle.png

If funding for the project was unsuccessful {information from website} why would he manufacture any more? These 51 will indeed be unique and I look forward to any reviews from the new owners.

If funding for the project was unsuccessful {information from website} why would he manufacture any more? These 51 will indeed be unique and I look forward to any reviews from the new owners.

He does mention "future production." Expensive razor (but so are others), and looks to be very well designed and constructed.

He does mention "future production." Expensive razor (but so are others), and looks to be very well designed and constructed.
I have not seen a price the first 51 are liable for. The estimate retail price was $625 in which case I cannot see another production run at those sorts of prices.
Having said that the Toggle is commanding a high price so maybe the Janus is worth it if the production is limited.
I almost passed on it myself after the initial offering failed to get enough support.
I understand the initial commitment was $500; would you care to comment on that or is it a secret?

No secret. They were $500.

I'm super stoked. I've got a few Toggles that have been waiting a long time for a sibling. Try to temper excitement tho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've been searching for the perfect rack for one of my Gold or Nickel Toggles with room for the new Janus. 3 spaces only. It has to be either exotic wood or perhaps a steel one with muted gun metal finish to highlight the razors. Plenty of test tube racks, typical cheap chrome rubber stamp racks, etc. but I haven't spotted any knock yer socks off racks.

I've been searching for the perfect rack for one of my Gold or Nickel Toggles with room for the new Janus. 3 spaces only. It has to be either exotic wood or perhaps a steel one with muted gun metal finish to highlight the razors. Plenty of test tube racks, typical cheap chrome rubber stamp racks, etc. but I haven't spotted any knock yer socks off racks.

If you find one, do share. I think you are looking at a custom build tho. My wife had a custom wooden wall rack made for me. It holds 28 razors tho. Just need to locate a good wood worker. Even with some pretty good gear, my Toggles get the top shelf. The Wolfies are jealous.

Metal is a no-go. I don't even like putting my Toggles on a Wolfman WRA2 stand. I have done it for photos but that's it.

I'd like to see what you settle on tho.

they are beautiful and had the pricing been a bit lower I might have gone for this. I get that making something like this today is cost prohibitive.

I am envious! That is a really cool razor and those few who are getting one are truly fortunate. I am hoping for some great photos from you guys.

More good news....not only did I get tracking too...but USPS has taken possession of said jewel! Should be here Monday...and I'll be waiting with 5 days growth to slay. Stay tuned Mr Sledge! We can compare notes if you'd like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
More good news....not only did I get tracking too...but USPS has taken possession of said jewel! Should be here Monday...and I'll be waiting with 5 days growth to slay. Stay tuned Mr Sledge! We can compare notes if you'd like.
Tracking says my unboxing will be Monday too. The weekend will feel like an eternity.

By the way I have something interesting in mind for the 3 Toggle stand. Not sure how it will work out but if it looks good enough to satisfy my ocd for detail I will post a pic and the parts list. Otherwise it is back to the drawing board.

Top Bottom