What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Greetings and Ciao!

Two of us Badger & Blade members from the USA and Italy are partnering in an Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off! We hope all B&B members with interest and experience with Italian shaving products or really the Italian experience will follow the thread and perhaps even join in and share your thoughts and experiences with us! Let me introduce ourselves and how we came to this point...

My name is Steve (SteveWY) and I am in Wyoming USA. (Yes, I know, I was not very creative when choosing a forum name!) I met my friend Stefano (Mostho) here on B&B when looking to buy or trade for a Cella brick. We became friends and I learned he lives near where my maternal grandfather came from in Italy. We share the same first name and an appreciation for all things Italian, especially shaving products. We started trading packages and staying in touch.

So, recently Stefano told me he had just ordered a FaTip Grande and I thought it would be fun to choose an all Italian set up and use it at the same time and compare notes. Thus, here we are! Our set up for the first week or until we go in another direction is:
  • FaTip Grande
  • Bolzano Superinox blades
  • R&B/Omega Special Edition Brush
  • Cella Crema Sapone Extra Purissma
  • AS or ASB is optional

$IMG_0923.jpg
Here is my set up for the next week. We will start the shave-off tomorrow and post or impressions along the way. Please join in with your comments on these products as we go! Ciao!

Thanks Steve!
My name is Stefano and after the story told by Steve (Stefano in English ) there not so much to add.
Just that we discovered that it's So funny how much we love such common passion, in this case the wet shaving. But we have also some more to share... That's another story. ;)

We have a lot of good stuff in Italy and at a good price: we are so lucky for that. Cella is a top tier and it was a simple choice for us.

Let's go for this week my setup.
The same of Steve, (plus maybe some Italian Pre or post shave) and that's an all Italian!
So funny!

proxy.php

Let's join us guys! It's easy! And very funny indeed.
:)

PS: good luck to me and my first all Italian DE shave! ;)

Last edited:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
All right fellas - I'm in! Here's my setup: red 38c, Omega Pro 48, Cella Crema Da Barba All'olio Di Mandorla, and Proraso AS.

$image.jpg

I know it's not all Italian (neither is my blade), but it's the best I can do at the moment.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Ha, I just noticed I've got a red, white, and green thing going on with the color scheme between the Cella and the Proraso. Sweet.

Killer idea! Does every component have to be Italian! I mainly have soaps and AS from Italy, just received a ATT, recently, so no razor or anything else budget for now!

Nice thread. Since I'm Italian when I started wet shaving I decided to yield to my heritage I chose to use an Omega 10083 and Proraso green cream. I have to give Cella a try but it's on my list.

Well this morning the first shave with this fantastic software and hardware.

proxy.php

Cella has not disappointed: after a furious loading the face lathering was simply filthy and luxurious. The Italian flagged broom after a minute in a bowl was ready to give me a perfect shave. The secret with crops and boars, IMO it's all a out patience and scrubbing with the brush. The more you do, the better is the lafher quality. Cella needs water from time to time, just dipping the point of the brush on water and Ecco la gioia!
Fatip was aggressive. I dominated it easily coming from shavettes and straights. Once following the face mapping having invisible hand,band a good prep it's easier to find the right attack angle. I can see that it requires focus and dedication. Bolzano is sharp but still a bit stiff, that also the reason I love it for shavettes.
Well I just added a touch of Floid and ready to go to the beach.
What a fantastic shave Steve!

Killer idea! Does every component have to be Italian! I mainly have soaps and AS from Italy, just received a ATT, recently, so no razor or anything else budget for now!

No problem Paul!

It's not an exclusive club
The challenge is is to go all Italian but the goal is to celebrate Italy and Italian products.
Anyone is invited with let's keep it simple at least one product!
But the more the better.
Easy and let's say it also so funny!

My maternal grands came from Martina Lecce in Bari and Naples. Both sides of my paternal grands were from Abruzzo. All left Italy in the early 1900's and settled in Philadelphia.

South of Italy, Apulia!!

Where in Apulia? My father was born in Modugno (Bari) and we still have cousins that live in the area. Apulia is such a beautiful part of Italy but it's most people have never heard of it here in the U.S.

Where in Apulia? My father was born in Modugno (Bari) and we still have cousins that live in the area. Apulia is such a beautiful part of Italy but it's most people have never heard of it here in the U.S.

I actually live in Brindisi but born in LA Spezia. My father is from Lecce and my mother is from La Maddalena in Sardegna. I was born and raised into the sea. Many US military should know all these cities.

Well let's come back on topic!
:)

Wonderful idea! I love everything Italian: the shaving products (Cella and Proraso White are my favourite). The food (I enjoy cooking Italian recipes). I really enjoy Italian opera. Italian is a beautiful language (I am trying to learn a few phrases), and someday I hope to visit. I am travelling now, so I have a limited kit with me, but when I get home I will post my Italian shaves. I have been looking for an Italian made razor...any suggestions?

Top Bottom