SOTD-G_2020-08-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band 🇩🇪
Soap: Vitos Red 🇮🇹
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle 🇮🇹
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2) 🇮🇹
ASL: Proraso Red 🇮🇹

Another excellent shave courtesy of my superb kit. :cornut:

I've finally decided that Lo Storto Originale is the best DE Razor on the planet. Fatip have got the "twist" just right, and that along with their "best-on-the-planet-bar-none" OC tooth design make it a true winner.

Hey Rave (@Raven Koenes B&B's Fatip Ambassador), what about arranging a precision made stainless steel model? I know you can do it! You got them to make the slant after all. I for one would gladly pay ten times the regular price for that. :yesnod:

DISCLAIMER
Obviously all the opinions above are mine. YMMV :001_tt2:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
As I recall, Rave represents a certain segment of B&B...

BOSC AMBASSADOR TO FATIP.jpg

As strange as it seems to us, Cal, not everyone has been committed.

I'd buy a SS FOCS for sure, but I'm also very glad the ones we have are real metal. I should probably order a spare sometime.

If there's a better DE razor I've not used it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
80%🇮🇹 SOTD
SOTD-G_2020-08-17.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band 🇩🇪
Soap: Vitos Red 🇮🇹
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle 🇮🇹
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2) 🇮🇹
ASL: Proraso Red 🇮🇹

Another excellent shave courtesy of my superb kit. :cornut:

I've finally decided that Lo Storto Originale is the best DE Razor on the planet. Fatip have got the "twist" just right, and that along with their "best-on-the-planet-bar-none" OC tooth design make it a true winner.

Hey Rave (@Raven Koenes B&B's Fatip Ambassador), what about arranging a precision made stainless steel model? I know you can do it! You got them to make the slant after all. I for one would gladly pay ten times the regular price for that. :yesnod:

DISCLAIMER
Obviously all the opinions above are mine. YMMV :001_tt2:
How about a nice Stainless Steel Lo Storto with BOSC engraved on the cap, and it will tuck us all into bed with the same diligence and care Big Nurse takes while tightening the straps? :001_tongu

• Haha
Reactions: Cal
Aug 19: All-Italian Pre-Dentist Shave

Lather:
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega 10005 (24/54mm)
Razor: Fatip "Lo Storto" open comb slant
Blade: Bolzano Superinox [9]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

Off to the dentist for a cleaning, so no strong scents today. I went with subtle and classy, and nothing says classy like a full Italian shave.

The crooked Fatip still impresses me with how smooth and efficient it is. Definitely a keeper. I'll have to do a side-by-side against my previous favorite slant, the Merkur 37C one of these days. I predict equal efficiency, with the Fatip having less blade feel.
proxy.php

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I was just reading back through this thread and at one time several guys would do an "All Italian August."

I was just reading back through this thread and at one time several guys would do an "All Italian August."
I was one of those All-Italian August participants back then. Most of the regular posters from back then have disappeared.

Whole month commitments are hard enough for me. Month long commitments by myself are impossible without a support group ;-)

My favorite theme ever was Let's all 3017 a puck of Williams together where a bunch of us created our own versions of Williams and used it for a month. Blue Willy (Aqua Velva), Old Willy (Old Spice), Skinny Willy (Skin Bracer) were popular, and I loved my concoction, Club Willy (Pinaud Clubman).

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Aug 7: Grudge Match - Lo Storto OC vs v2 OC

Lather:
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega 10104 "Pro-104" (26/57mm)
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto open comb slant
2nd Razor: Fatip v2 OC head w/Lo Storto handle
Blade: Bolzano Superinox [4]
Balm: Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 After Shave Balm

After 2 shaves with Lo Storto, I shaved with the v2 OC head and remarked that they shaved very similarly, and I should do a side-by-side shave to confirm. Today was that shave.

I could not detect any difference in face feel (and I wanted to). The blade at 4 shaves is no longer invisible in the slant, but just a subdued presence in both razors. For those who don't know me, I routinely get 30-60 shaves on a blade, and shave steeeeeeep.

Blindfold me, hand me a razor and I would NOT be able to tell if it was Storto or not.

Still a darn fine razor Lo Storto is, but you know what, so is the Grande v2 OC. I would love to hear from others who try a side-by-side shave.
proxy.php
Isn't the 2nd Razor: Fatip v2 OC head w/Lo Storto handle, actually a Schone handle?

Isn't the 2nd Razor: Fatip v2 OC head w/Lo Storto handle, actually a Schone handle?
Yes, it's a Schone handle - it came with the Fatip OC head in an Amazon mixup that the original owner (who ordered a Schone) never realized.

I didn't use the Schone handle in my shave - I used the Lo Storto handle with both heads. I didn't want to take a picture of just a head with no handle.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Yes, it's a Schone handle - it came with the head in an Amazon mixup that the original owner never realized.

I didn't use the Schone handle in my shave - I used the Lo Storto handle with both heads. I didn't want to take a picture of just a head with no handle.
Ah, I misunderstood, sorry.

80% 🇮🇹 SOTD

SOTD-R_2020-08-20.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
ASL: Proraso Red

These shaves sometimes seem too good to be true (but I can live with that). :cornut:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
8-20-20.Mistura.FOCS.Vitos.640.JPG

The brush was made in Portugal by Italians who emigrated long ago.

I have zero evidence to support that absurd notion, but, hey, this is an all Italian thread. If my Polsilvers were made in Italy why can't my Semogue brush be made by Italian immigrants?

So, it's your choice. 50%? 75%? 100%?

Happy shaves,

Jim

80% 🇮🇹 SOTD

SOTD-B_2020-08-22.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (5)

Shave four of my RazoRock BBS training schedule, and guess what? I used my FOCS!

I usually blame myself when things don't go as planned. But this time I'm definitely laying the blame on Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers and his damned "Slantember" thread.

Slantember SOTD (60% 🇮🇹)
SOTD-Y_2020-09-02.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)

An excellent shave. :cornut:

Thank you for ruining my plan Jim. :laugh: :001_tt2:

60% 🇮🇹 SOTD

SOTD-Y_2020-09-07.jpg