What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Jul 14: 80% Italian Shavette Shave

Lather:
Cella Extra Extra "BIO" Crema di Barba
Brush: Omega 10005 (24/54mm)
Razor: Mastodon 7/8 (full-DE blade shavette)
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [23]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

To think I used to avoid using this shavette because I didn't like the grip. The thumb notch was too close to the blade, the razor felt cramped, and I couldn't find a comfortable angle to hold it.

Now I just completely ignore the thumb notch; I put my thumb on the V between the thumb notch and pin and the razor is absolute perfection for me now.

Another thing I like about the Mastodon is it has perfect blade exposure. Not too little like the Universal, but not too much like the Spilo Magic.

7th shave on the new 10005 and I had no trouble getting 4 passes of lather on the initial load. The brush is blooming nicely, but is still very prickly because the tips are not splitting yet. Unlike the immediate gratification kids on Reddit, I look forward to breaking in new boars.
proxy.php

Jul 15: Weck 2.0 Wednesday

Lather:
Valobra Crema di Sapone Purissima
Razor: Hess 1010 "EZY Shave"
Blade: Fromm Edge Ahead [6]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

60% Italian Weck Wednesday today, and it was a his good one. The new Omega on its eighth shave was indistinguishable from a well broken-in boar in the lather making department. After 4 passes, I still had a full pass left on the brush that I squeezed back into the tub. I don't normally do this, but for unobtainable soaps, I do it to hopefully enjoy the soap a bit longer.

Now that my son has stolen both my stainless Sextoblade and my cobalt blue hair shaper (and both my guards), I'm suffering from lack of Weck variety, having only the one, plus today's EZY-Shave. How did I shave with just one razor for 40 years? Madness!
proxy.php

Jul 16: 80% Italian Shave

Lather:
Proraso Green "Super Formula"
Razor: Sanguine Coolcut R5 shavette
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [24]
Splash: RazoRock UNLABELLED splash

The narrow headed Sanguine shavette is almost too manoeuvrable - I came very close to nicking myself, but recovered before doing something stupid. The brush continues to break in nicely, but upon close inspection, noticed a lot of the bristles are flat-topped, which explains the scritchiness.
proxy.php

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Fatip Friday Shave 20200723
🇮🇹 🇮🇹 100 % Italian Shave 🇮🇹 🇮🇹
20200724_111412~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (5)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: Goodfellas Sea Citrus
Aftershave: RazoRock XXX
Cologne: Pino Silvestre Original EdT

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale delivers consistent and outstanding results! :001_wub:

World Class shave! :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
8-1-20.FOCS.Z.C.Manchurian.Vitos.640.JPG

Polsilver Italian Made (meme).480.jpg

100% Italian kit today.

Well, except HA, Cremo, and splash, but they don't count according to my understanding.

Which is sometimes wrong.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Aug 7: Grudge Match - Lo Storto OC vs v2 OC

Lather:
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega 10104 "Pro-104" (26/57mm)
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto open comb slant
2nd Razor: Fatip v2 OC head w/Lo Storto handle
Blade: Bolzano Superinox [4]
Balm: Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 After Shave Balm

After 2 shaves with Lo Storto, I shaved with the v2 OC head and remarked that they shaved very similarly, and I should do a side-by-side shave to confirm. Today was that shave.

I could not detect any difference in face feel (and I wanted to). The blade at 4 shaves is no longer invisible in the slant, but just a subdued presence in both razors. For those who don't know me, I routinely get 30-60 shaves on a blade, and shave steeeeeeep.

Blindfold me, hand me a razor and I would NOT be able to tell if it was Storto or not.

Still a darn fine razor Lo Storto is, but you know what, so is the Grande v2 OC. I would love to hear from others who try a side-by-side shave.
proxy.php

80% 🇮🇹 SOTD (including the Polsilver SI blade)

SOTD-K_2020-08-16.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
ASL: Proraso Red

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🇮🇹 43% Italian Shave 🇮🇹 20200816
20200816_162222~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale 🇮🇹
Blade: Kai (5) 🇯🇵
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle 🇮🇹
Soap: Vitos Extra Super Coco 🇮🇹
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid 🇺🇸
Aftershave: Floïd Vigoroso 🇪🇸
Fragrance: Gender 2BU EdT Spray (Belcam version of CK be) 🇺🇸

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Awesome shave! :)

Top Bottom