What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Question to all the smart folks around here: did the Fatip Grande ever come with this handle, or is it a Schone exclusive?
TMK there are only four Fatip metal (i.e. brass) handles which they use on both their Originale (OC) and Gentile (CC) heads:
  1. Grande
  2. Piccolo
  3. Retro
  4. Lo Storto
AFAIK the one in your pic is a Schöne (only) handle. Perhaps Rave @Raven Koenes (being our local Fatip expert, not to mention the man that got them to make their wonderful slant) would weigh in on this. Beaming you up Rave!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Question to all the smart folks around here: did the Fatip Grande ever come with this handle, or is it a Schone exclusive?
proxy.php
Rudyt, The first Schones had the column shaped Grande handle. The Schone is the only one with the smooth handle with the barber pole grove cut into it. Fatip has never used anything like it with a Grande handle, but I do think the idea did come from the Reto handle which is smooth but with two barber pole groves cut in intersecting opposite directions making diamond shaped patterns:
003_50.jpg

TMK there are only four Fatip metal (i.e. brass) handles which they use on both their Originale (OC) and Gentile (CC) heads:
  1. Grande
  2. Piccolo
  3. Retro
  4. Lo Storto
AFAIK the one in your pic is a Schöne (only) handle.
That was my thought exactly. I don't know how my benefactor got a Fatip head when he ordered a Schone from Amazon.

The only thing I can think of is maybe somebody bought one, did the old switcheroo, and returned it. Amazon guy inspected the return, said yup, that looks like an unused razor, and put it back on the shelf.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
That was my thought exactly. I don't know how my benefactor got a Fatip head when he ordered a Schone from Amazon.

The only thing I can think of is maybe somebody bought one, did the old switcheroo, and returned it. Amazon guy inspected the return, said yup, that looks like an unused razor, and put it back on the shelf.
Snap, you are talking about the comb not the handle, or the eleven prong being on that handle. That is unusual as Fatip never used that handle on theirs. I am curious about seeing a nine prong Lo Storto head in some of Fatip's pictures, but everyone I know has the eleven prong slant.

Snap, you are talking about the comb not the handle, or the eleven prong being on that handle. That is unusual as Fatip never used that handle on theirs.
Thanks for confirming. What I have is now confirmed to be a frankenrazor - a Fatip v2 OC head on a second-gen Schone handle. The first-gen Schones had the vertical groove Grande handle.

60% All Italian SOTD

SOTD-Y_2020-07-08.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega S10065 24/55 S-Brush
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Gillette Tech with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (5)
ASL: Proraso Red

Happy shaves gents. :biggrin:

Jul 8: Breaking in the Italian Brush

Lather:
Proraso Green "Super Formula"
Brush: Omega 10005 (24/54mm)
Razor: Gillette Super Speed "Black Handle" (1969/O4)
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum [51]

The brush is still eating lather on it's 3rd shave. I had to reload after the second pass. The brush tips are still pokey, indicating not much splitting yet, but it's getting better.

I ordered an Omega 10104 (26/56mm) from Connaught yesterday with my Fatip Storto. It was only £5.75 and free shipping - adding it to my Fatip order did not increase the shipping cost, so that's free, right ;-)
proxy.php

Jul 12: Lazy Sunday Straight Shave

Lather:
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega 10005 (24/54mm)
Razor: Strong Leopard 74-A 7/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [22]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

Italian shavescore for today is 80%

I don't pull out this full-DE blade shavette often, but that's only because I have too many razors, not because it's lacking in any way. Solid performer, smooth, comfortable, and mows through 2 day stubble like a battle axe.

Fifth shave with the new 10005 and the brush had no lather killing issues. I got three full passes from a single load, this time with a hard triple-milled soap.
proxy.php

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Catching up:

Shave 20200708
shave 20200708_162358_2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle

Soap: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Post Shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

🇮🇹 🇮🇹 Razor, blade, brush and soap = 64% Italian 🇮🇹 🇮🇹

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale delivers another outstanding performance!

Don't we get 'Partial Italian Credit' for The Veg? ;)

Excellent shave! :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
More catching up:

Shave 20200710
shave 20200710_111343_2.jpg

Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Omega EVO

Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Post Shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Cologne: Pinaud Clubman Musk

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Razor, Blade, Brush and Soap = 50% Italian Shave. 🇮🇹

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale consistently delivers outstanding results! 👍

The Omega EVO remains in my 'Top Tier' of brushes. 👍

Second shave with the PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu. Great lather! The Nuàvia Blu absolutely rocks! 👍

Excellent shave! :)

Back to Lo Storto Originale today. Yay! :punk:

60% All Italian SOTD

SOTD-Y_2020-07-12.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (9)

My experiments were completed yesterday, back to my FAVORITE RAZOR today! :biggrin:

Hey Rave,
@Raven Koenes Any progress on the Lo Storto shaving brush handle (with 22mm hole for 20mm knot) yet? You got us the Fatip slant with your ambassadorial skills, so I'm thinking a simple shaving brush handle should be a piece of cake. Please accept my apologies for being a wee bit impatient... but as you probably realize, I NEED IT NOW!
:letterk1:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Back to Lo Storto Originale today. Yay! :punk:

60% All Italian SOTD

SOTD-Y_2020-07-12.jpg

Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (9)

My experiments were completed yesterday, back to my FAVORITE RAZOR today! :biggrin:

Hey Rave,
@Raven Koenes Any progress on the Lo Storto shaving brush handle (with 22mm hole for 20mm knot) yet? You got us the Fatip slant with your ambassadorial skills, so I'm thinking a simple shaving brush handle should be a piece of cake. Please accept my apologies for being a wee bit impatient... but as you probably realize, I NEED IT NOW!
:letterk1:
Okay, I hear you loud and clear :wink2: :letterk1:

I sent this a few moments ago to Fatip:

I hope this message finds you all well. My friends and brothers at BOSC, Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies at Badger and Blade, all find the new Fatip Lo Storto to be not only a work of art but shaving perfection. We all have decided a brush with a Fatip Lo Storto twist handle would be the perfect compliment for the Lo Storto razor. Everyone in the know would more than love that. Also, I have a friend, Mike, who is holding out on buying a Fatip Lo Storto until it becomes available in gold plating. He's crazy, but it’s not a bad idea no?

60% 🇮🇹 SOTD

SOTD-G_2020-07-13.jpg

Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (10)

Another great shave with the incredible Lo Storto Originale. :cornut:

Top Bottom