What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Jun 24: Mostly Italian Weck Wednesday

Lather:
Proraso Green "Super Formula"
Brush: Omega 50068 "Bambino" (18/46mm)
Razor: Weck Sextoblade "Trade Sample Not For Sale"
Blade: Fromm Edge Ahead [3]

After last week's horrible Weck Wednesday shave, today I tasted redemption. I didn't have a cork, so I "corked" the blade using an empty toilet paper tube, and then stropped the blade for 26 laps on leather. Today's shave had that wonderful quality that I expect from my Weck. I may have gotten a tiny weeper near the corner of my mouth, but there was no sign of blood after the rinse, so I'm calling it a false positive ;-)

This is as Italian as I can get on Weck Wednesday.
proxy.php

Jun 25: All-Italian "Load It Like You Hate It" Shave

Lather:
Cella Extra Extra "BIO" Crema di Barba
Brush: Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget" (20/43mm)
Razor: Universal Rasoio a Mano Libera Lama Intera 7/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [19]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

I overloaded today - almost criminally. I absentmindedly loaded like I would any soap, but this is a cream. I gouged a hole in the center of the puck, and had enough lather for 7+ passes. I did a 4-pass shave, then an extra lather post-shave, and was able to squeeze at least two passes still on the brush back into the tub. I probably used up triple or more the required amount of soap - what a waste.

The bright side, though, is I don't think I've ever gotten such a smooth shave from the Universal. Maybe this new Cella works better with a thicker, pastier lather rather than my uber-slick thin and almost runny lather.
proxy.php

Jun 29: Italian Soap and Brush

Lather:
Cella Extra Extra "BIO" Crema di Barba
Brush: Omega 0196745 BLACK Hi-Brush (24/56mm)
Razor: Univinlions Kai Captain, straight (clone)
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [26]

Completely unremarkable shave today, just how I like them. Quick, efficient, comfortable, and with no drama. A great shave with a perfect 10/10 score.
proxy.php

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200630
Italian Razor and Brush. 🇮🇹

20200630_144150~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Silver Star (6)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Cologne: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ (very close to BBS) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Omega 10005
Sorry to bug you, but I'm looking for a boar in between the normal 22mm size and the big 27mm size, and the Omega 10005 is at the top of my list at 24mm. I like backbone. What are your thoughts on the brush?

Edit: I'm only looking at Omega - I have enough Semogues

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Sorry to bug you, but I'm looking for a boar in between the normal 22mm size and the big 27mm size, and the Omega 10005 is at the top of my list at 24mm. I like backbone. What are your thoughts on the brush?

Edit: I'm only looking at Omega - I have enough Semogues
If you like backbone, it has plenty. This is the 5th time I have used it, and it is gonna be a daily player. This is a link to the 1st time I used it-----> Omega 10005

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200703

🇮🇹 🇮🇹 100% Italian Shave Today! 🇮🇹 🇮🇹
20200703_102744~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: Goodfellas Sea Citrus
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Cologne: Pino Silvestre Original

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

🇮🇹 🇮🇹 The Fatip Lo Storto Originale delivers another outstanding performance! Today's shave (with the lone exception of the Hyaluronic Acid) is 100% Italian and 100% wonderful! 🇮🇹 🇮🇹

First use of the Goodfellas Sea Citrus. Great lather, slick, nice cushion and very nice post shave feel. I'll be using this soap again!

Great Friday shave. :)

965C544A-43A6-46C5-8FE4-354ECC2FB2F9.jpeg

Fatip/Omega/Proraso. There is a RazoRock/Italian Barber lime puck from Italy in the boccale di Antica Spezia. The blade was a Rapirà di Acciaio Svedese Super - very Italian.

If you like backbone, it has plenty. This is the 5th time I have used it, and it is gonna be a daily player. This is a link to the 1st time I used it-----> Omega 10005
Grazie!

This morning, I went to pick up toothpaste at the pharmacy, and as always, browse to the shaving section to see if they're stocking the Proraso Super Formula yet, and there they were, a whole pristine row of Omega 10005 brushes. At CAN$14 why not.

I now have another boar to break in, the traditional way, by using it. My next boar will probably be an Omega Jade and then that's it ...I promise ;-)

Jul 7: Same Shave as Yesterday

Lather:
Proraso Green "Super Formula"
Brush: Omega 10005 (24/54mm)
Razor: Fatip v2 OC head w/Schone handle
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum [50]

Second shave with the new brush and razor combo. Second use of the brush and I only had to reload once today (vs twice for yesterday). I can't see any splitting yet, but the brush is starting to bloom nicely. The pic is from after the shave, not before, and I dried the brush by rubbing on a towel. Here's the brush when it was new and after it's first (and only) test lather.

I got this "Schone" razor last week to give to my son. Doesn't look like a Schone, does it? It's a Schone handle alright, but the head is clearly a Fatip v2 OC. The Schone should have two less teeth.

The person who gave it to me swears that's how he got it from Amazon. No worries at all from my side - it's my first v2 OC. I have an original v1 Piccolo. Definitely a smoother, better behaved razor than the v1

That Schone handle though; what were they thinking? It has almost no grip at all.

Question to all the smart folks around here: did the Fatip Grande ever come with this handle, or is it a Schone exclusive?
proxy.php

Top Bottom