What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Just use your blade dispenser with new blades and inject a new one. It will push the old blade out of the razor. Make sure the hydromagic handle is closed.

Just use your blade dispenser with new blades and inject a new one. It will push the old blade out of the razor. Make sure the hydromagic handle is closed.
Oh rats, thanks, I tried it with the handle open - and it even says so on the damn thing :). Thanks - tomorrow morning the first injector shave.

Last edited:
Oh rats, thanks, I tried it with the handle open - and it even says so on the damn thing :). Thanks - tomorrow morning the first injector shave.
Yeah, that's right, the blades not meant to come out when they are opened as its just for rinsing...Confuses a lot of folks that one including me when I got mine...The blank will eject when you inject a new blade....:thumbup1:

Billy

Right, first injector shave.
NOS Type K2 LE,
Swedish made Krona blade NOS,
La Toja cream,
Semogue 2000,
Ziggy Stardust - seemed appropriate considering the turquoise/gold glitter implement in my hands ;).

A bit disappointed. The blade tucked at the stubble - maybe its too old? Four passes and I feel like I will be able to enjoy another shave later in the afternoon. I will try it a couple of times more and then maybe with recent manufacture blades. Not given up yet.
Otherwise its a fairly aggressive razor, the long handle on my LE takes getting used to but the small head makes it agile.
Interesting with potential.

Right, first injector shave.
NOS Type K2 LE,
Swedish made Krona blade NOS,
La Toja cream,
Semogue 2000,
Ziggy Stardust - seemed appropriate considering the turquoise/gold glitter implement in my hands ;).

A bit disappointed. The blade tucked at the stubble - maybe its too old? Four passes and I feel like I will be able to enjoy another shave later in the afternoon. I will try it a couple of times more and then maybe with recent manufacture blades. Not given up yet.
Otherwise its a fairly aggressive razor, the long handle on my LE takes getting used to but the small head makes it agile.
Interesting with potential.
The Schick Krona Blades were an earlier attempt to utilize modern coatings by Schick and some of the earlier ones can be a bit tuggy on the first pass with a few days whiskers....Some of the earlier Krona blades were Carbon coated blades and don't keep too well due to their age....The later stainless Krona blades should be fine... :001_cool:

Billy

The Schick Krona Blades were an earlier attempt to utilize modern coatings by Schick and some of the earlier ones can be a bit tuggy on the first pass with a few days whiskers....Some of the earlier Krona blades were Carbon coated blades and don't keep too well due to their age....The later stainless Krona blades should be fine... :001_cool:

Billy
Thanks Billy, I suspected something like that could be the case. Right, I'll give it a few more tries and get some stainless blades in any case.
I shall master it yet.

The blades in my NOS L1 from around 65 were stainless schick twin and they were fine. Of course, they were sealed in an air tight can.:laugh:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I found this E-2 today. It may be too far gone to save. It has the movable spring to facilitate cleaning and whatnot. But the safety bar is mashed in a bit. I dont know if it will ever be shave-able. But I will clean it up and see what happens. What should i do with this thing?

proxy.php

Does the guard look like this?

$e2guard.JPG

If so, it is not "mashed in," it is the way that it is supposed to be.

Of the nearly 100 single edge razors that I own, this one is by far the most aggressive. Be careful. :blink:

--Bob

$e2_4.JPG

The movable spring razor is on the left. If your razor has the spring anchored by a notch/tab in the center like the razor on the right, do not attempt to open it or you will likely damage the spring.

--Bob

Here are the 3 Type E 2 Spring set ups...:thumbup1:
proxy.php

The early Type E 2 that opens is on the left...It has an off centred spring to the left and only has one knurl on the right side...The spring swings out to the left....:w00t:
The second one from the left is the next edition...Its the same as the first edition except that it does not open as it has a knurl on both sides of the spring to prevent it from opening....The one on the far right was the Type E 2 1941 which had the first centred spring with a groove and the knurl in the middle to prevent it from opening....:thumbup1:

If you have one that opens is pretty clear....:blink:

Billy

Billy

been experimenting with my new acquisitions....

my faulty PAL adjustable has gone back, and im left now with an E2, a G, and a shick 'grip' (besides my 4 DE gillettes)

ive been doing 'half and half' on my face, so i can tell the small differences between razors. all razors are now carrying the 'chick' blades from the metal injector.
E2 vs gillette slim with astra blade. both exactly the same, both DFS, schick nice and manoevreable and made the slim seem awkward by comparison.

E2 vs schick grip - schick grip lovely and smooth, mild. E2 by comparison felt sharper, more aggressive, altho end results were the same. felt i could press a bit harder with the schick grip.

E2 vs G - these now both feel quite rough after using the 'grip'. the G especially, i had to stop going ATG on top lip as it was tugging and i thought ill end up hurting myself. i hear these should be a bit milder than E, but not in my case.

schick grip vs BIC plastic disposable - battle of the smoothies :) both were lovely shaves, however the BIC gave the nicer experience unfortunately. im not happy about this.

thoughts so far are that my schick grip is my favourite, its by far the smoothest of my schicks. annoyingly my plastic BIC diposable still gives a smoother more satisfying shave than any of my 'proper' razors >-(

Quick question is there much of a difference between an E3 popularity and and E3 "imperial"??
Aye as Stevie said the it was just a case variation ....I find that the Type E 3 is a lot milder than an early Type E 2 ...The blade exposure & the angle of the head is slightly different...:001_cool:

Billy

been experimenting with my new acquisitions....

my faulty PAL adjustable has gone back, and im left now with an E2, a G, and a shick 'grip' (besides my 4 DE gillettes)

ive been doing 'half and half' on my face, so i can tell the small differences between razors. all razors are now carrying the 'chick' blades from the metal injector.
E2 vs gillette slim with astra blade. both exactly the same, both DFS, schick nice and manoevreable and made the slim seem awkward by comparison.

E2 vs schick grip - schick grip lovely and smooth, mild. E2 by comparison felt sharper, more aggressive, altho end results were the same. felt i could press a bit harder with the schick grip.

E2 vs G - these now both feel quite rough after using the 'grip'. the G especially, i had to stop going ATG on top lip as it was tugging and i thought ill end up hurting myself. i hear these should be a bit milder than E, but not in my case.

schick grip vs BIC plastic disposable - battle of the smoothies :) both were lovely shaves, however the BIC gave the nicer experience unfortunately. im not happy about this.

thoughts so far are that my schick grip is my favourite, its by far the smoothest of my schicks. annoyingly my plastic BIC diposable still gives a smoother more satisfying shave than any of my 'proper' razors >-(
Interesting what you found regarding the Type E 2 being smoother than the G Type as I find the exact same....I would say that the Type E 2 is more aggressive as it is more likely to dig in and offer an nasty cut, but ever so smooth compared to the G Type..:w00t:

Billy

Top Bottom