What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

won this beauty via eBay, and she arrived today! she looks in very good condition!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437387435.324055.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437387448.546443.jpg

what the best way to clean injectors?
I live in the UK so I need products available here.

thank you

Very nice , It's circa 1941. To clean after shaving--rinse . Do not attempt to open as it will ruin the spring. Other than that clean in hot, not boiling , water with a dishwashing soap and old toothbrush. And enjoy great shaves!

Injector razors must be built to accept the twin blades. Older Injectors are not able to use them. I know that at least the Schick Types N and O can use the twin blades. Also the Gillette and the Feather injectors can take the twin blades. I don't think that PALs or Personna injectors can accommodate them because they were built before the twins came out. The Personna Floating Head MAY be able to take them, but somebody more familiar with them would know better. The twin blades are thicker than the regular Injector blades.

Injector razors must be built to accept the twin blades. Older Injectors are not able to use them. I know that at least the Schick Types N and O can use the twin blades. Also the Gillette and the Feather injectors can take the twin blades. I don't think that PALs or Personna injectors can accommodate them because they were built before the twins came out. The Personna Floating Head MAY be able to take them, but somebody more familiar with them would know better. The twin blades are thicker than the regular Injector blades.

I have seen on the bay previously a Schick "Grip" NOS one in a package with single blades and one with twins, both packaging the same, would the handles be interchangeable?

If they come with twin blades in a NOS package, then they should be able to take them. I don't know what you mean by the handles being interchangeable. If they're the same model, they should be interchangeable.

If they come with twin blades in a NOS package, then they should be able to take them. I don't know what you mean by the handles being interchangeable. If they're the same model, they should be interchangeable.

Sorry for the confusion, I was asking if the one that comes with the twins can take the single-edge blades....I would try the twins, but would plan on using the singles 99.999% of the time; i.e. can each of the handles handle each of the blade types

Yeah, Stevie is on the case with that one.....Just to add the Hydro Magic is not suitable for Twin Blades, and the Personna Floating Head 11 does take them as I have one on the way in the post....The PAL Injectors don't take them either as the heads are smaller and a tighter fit...:w00t:

All Injectors that have a capacity to take Twin Blades will accept a Single Blade no problem....:thumbup1:

Billy

Yeah, Stevie is on the case with that one.....Just to add the Hydro Magic is not suitable for Twin Blades, and the Personna Floating Head 11 does take them as I have one on the way in the post....The PAL Injectors don't take them either as the heads are smaller and a tighter fit...:w00t:

All Injectors that have a capacity to take Twin Blades will accept a Single Blade no problem....:thumbup1:

Billy
Thank you, gentleman!

Thanks for the heads up, the problem is that most of these razors are in such poor condition due to misuse and poor cleaning that they are down right disgusting, many have rusted interior areas and I just can't shave with a razor in that condition or sell anyone a razor knowing that it's in poor condition. I happen to have what you would call a spring key that allows me to disengage the spring without damaging the spring tension plus I have worked on enough of them that I usually am able to adjust the spring tension if needed.

I do understand your concern, I have bought a few that have been near impossible to repair and about half of the razors on eBay are misrepresented or the seller knows close to nothing about vintage razors, if the razor does not shave perfect I use it for parts or it gets tossed.

Thank you.

I purchased a G8 at an antique store for $2 almost two years ago. I have never used an injector razor before and had no injector blades so there it sat on my shelf. I recently made an aftershave purchase and I grabbed a pack of blades with my purchase. I used it for the first time this morning and I am happy to say that I was blown away by its performance! Simple to use, no nicks or irritation. I am definitely on the lookout for more of these wonderful razors!

On the downside, it seems I have found yet another item to collect. I saw a group purchase for injector blades occurred a number of years ago, anyone know anything about another one in the near future? Thanks in advance,

I used to have a G5 (I believe). Turquoise handle, grooved bar guard. It smelled like bad cheese. :lol: I handed it off to a co-worker about a year ago with three blades because he wanted to try it out.

Fast forward to last week, when he says that he has another razor from me that he wasn't using. I ask what razor, and he sends me the pic of the G5 with a comment that he's never used it and I could have it back.

So now I have the G5 again. No blades in the razor, still with the three blades, and I have to figure out how to load a couple of loose blades into the injector dispenser (looks like a Chinese Schick one). I'll run it through the cleaner (yep, still smells a bit) and give it a spin later in the week.

I am amazed by how many shaves I got from my E Schick. Normally, I can get up to 5 shaves with most DEs and SEs. However, with the razor below I was up to 8 when I switched. I switched not because I needed to but to go back to a DE for a few days.

full

I can understand why they stop making these razors; the blades last too long!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a G5 (I believe). Turquoise handle, grooved bar guard. It smelled like bad cheese. :lol: I handed it off to a co-worker about a year ago with three blades because he wanted to try it out.

Fast forward to last week, when he says that he has another razor from me that he wasn't using. I ask what razor, and he sends me the pic of the G5 with a comment that he's never used it and I could have it back.

So now I have the G5 again. No blades in the razor, still with the three blades, and I have to figure out how to load a couple of loose blades into the injector dispenser (looks like a Chinese Schick one). I'll run it through the cleaner (yep, still smells a bit) and give it a spin later in the week.

If you are loading a blade into your empty razor its good practice to eject the first blade and then load a second one....You are now good to go.....Schick's are not designed to be loaded when empty....The first blade is up to run across the blade stops and render it useless.....:thumbup1:

Billy

I would be happy to recondition the Schick for you if you want, I have worked on over 20 and it wouldn't be a problem, just let me know.
Regards.

Hello, Sirs, I just obtained a Stick off the bay, shiny and what looked to be in good shape; had a twin blade in, but was cockeyed, when I pushed it out to clean and then replace, i noted that empty ??blade slot?? was "loose", meaning the bottom plate jiggles for lack of a better term, does this mean the spring has been damaged? I was going to clean and disinfect it today and put in a new blade, but I may have wound up with a show piece and not a "for use" piece; I collect to use, so I am a bit disappointed if this is the case.

My best guess is the prior owner loaded a twin incorrectly (it was sitting on top of one of the blade guides by the bar) and over time stretched the spring...

Top Bottom