What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

The recycle-ability of the packaging is not the problem. (Well...with the plastics a little bit...since the current state of plastics recycling...anyway)

It's the package itself. It bugs me to rely on it.

When you take into consideration that:

1. Injector blades are 1/4 the size of a DE
  2. Injector blades last 10 days or more and DE blades last 4 days or less
  3. Both come in packaging that must be discarded

There is far LESS waste to Injector blades as the usage is longer, they are smaller, and both have packaging that needs to be disposed

If you really want to "save the world".....

Grow a beard

I had a beard for 12 years and I saved all kinds of money on shaving supplies in that 12 years. I also did not throw away any shaving related waste when I had a beard.

Grow a beard. Everyone wins :001_smile

I get about a week out of an SE, and about the same or slightly less from an injector. My DE blades last 2 weeks easy.

I get about a week out of an SE, and about the same or slightly less from an injector. My DE blades last 2 weeks easy.

Hmmm I have never heard that before, unless you only use your DE a couple of times during those 2 weeks :biggrin1:

The general consensus is that SE blades last much longer than DE blades, usually 3-4 times as long.
I get, on average 3-4 shaves from a DE blade and 12-15 shaves from a Gem SS/PTFE coated blade.
The exception to the rule is my Super Iridium DE blades, I get 10 shaves from them

Used my M21 this morning, not a pretty razor but very effective! I plan on trying my E series when the blade in the M gets dull, but after (at least) ten shaves it is still going strong.

I'd have to agree with everyone else. My experience has been about the opposite of yours, Vez. Which DE blades are you using?

ASR Personna platinum chrome. I posted a while back that I had hit day 17 with my blade that time. I never understood why I wasn't getting the same longevity of everyone else with my SE and injectors though.

It just seems odd that he can get 3-5x typical blade life from a DE blade & only about half the typical blade life of a SE. It just makes no sense! While I can't fathom it, I'm sure he enjoys his DEs & hope his SEs improve.

I just used a GEM stainless PTFE blade for the 11th shave tonight and it is as sharp as it was during the first shave with that blade.

proxy.php

The clear/amber handed G6 came in so guess what I had to use even though I still have not grown anything back to shave off since yesterday's shave

It is awful to want to use something new (to me) and not have anything to shave off :sad:

proxy.php

The clear/amber handed G6 came in so guess what I had to use even though I still have not grown anything back to shave off since yesterday's shave

It is awful to want to use something new (to me) and not have anything to shave off :sad:

proxy.php

A face is not the only thing that can be shaved! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom