What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Love using my Hydro-Magic and adjustable Schick. The latter I get tickled due to the fact I only paid $1 for it and shave as well as anything I have. I do have a nice adjuster though. Anyway I to have been looking for a type O and the mysterious "floating head" razor. Been tough going on both counts.:cursing:
Btw: Nice set up there Turtle....oops battery dying..
Cheers!:001_cool:

I have one B, several E's, G's, I's, L's and M adjustables, plus one PAL adjustable and one Personna. Favorite is without question the I types, both the Hydro-magic and the "standard" I.

A clear amber handled G6 model

Love the G6!

There is one BIN for $10 boxed on that auction site.... Better hurry I almost hit the buy it now button and may have second thoughts after posting this :lol:

HURRY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221160493515

I see its sold...hope one of you guys got it...they dont come up very often and that one was nicely priced

It was sold when I looked at it.

My bad :sad:

Sorry but I could not help myself....

I'll tell you how wonderful it is once it gets here :thumbup:

Used my only Injector this morning - a G type Schick 66. Didn't try for an ultra close shave, but got a pretty darn good one anyway!

The first time I tried mine (an amber G6), I was skittish since my only other experiences with SEs had been Gems (and even mild Gems require focus like nothing else.) A YouTube video on the old Injectors warned of its aggression. It's nothing like a Gem. Shaving with this is easy. (Don't get me wrong, I love my MMOC, but it's definitely not a lather-up-and-let-your-mind-wander razor.)

Maybe the ease of use is part of the reason Injectors are not as popular as DEs or even other SEs? It's too much like a cartridge-razor shave in terms of the razor "doing the thinking for you", maybe?

By the way, how do you guys hold yours when you shave? I find the 'normal' grip doesn't work, so I end up holding it like a fork with my index finger on the circular spring-backing.

I dearly love all of my injector razors. I have about a dozen of them.

My favorites would include Schick Type G, Schick Type L "The Grip" with the tennis racket handle, Schick Type I Hydro-magic, Schick Adjustable Type M, and the Pal Injector razor. The only injector I don't get along with is the Schick Type E, which gives me a very rough shave, and I've tried two of them.

My favorites would include Schick Type G, Schick Type L "The Grip" with the tennis racket handle, Schick Type I Hydro-magic, Schick Adjustable Type M, and the Pal Injector razor. The only injector I don't get along with is the Schick Type E, which gives me a very rough shave, and I've tried two of them.
How can you love the G and hate the E? It's the same razor. The difference between the two is the handle. One is plastic, one is Bakelite.

There might be some differences between individual razors due to wear, being dropped or slighly different manufacturing tolerances but the frames on the E and G are identical.

I have a Schick and Pal adjustable and Hyrdo Magic in my rotation. I have a few others but they sit there unused.

IMO, the injectors are the easiest razor to use. My only complaint is that some of the ones I bought on eBay were too mild most likely because they were damaged. However, the three I used are great.

A couple few years ago I received a PAL adjustable in a razor lot that I had won (cheap!). At this point I had already grown tired of DE's and was having a lot of fun experimenting with SE's, which I liked much better than DE's. Didn't know what that PAL was at first but it looked and felt cool as heck. Well, I got it figured out and after my first use there was no turning back. This became my daily shaver for a few years until recently.
Then, a couple months ago, I felt like trying something a little different so I picked up a Schick adjustable M type from the BST. I just love the flexibility of an adjustable shaver, and love the ease and precision of an injector razor. I'll probably pick up the old GEMs/Evereadys one of these days just for variety, but for daily usage I'm perfectly content with my adjustable injector razors.

There might be some differences between individual razors due to wear, being dropped or slighly different manufacturing tolerances but the frames on the E and G are identical.

I'm actually very surprised to hear you confirm this. It hasn't been my experience at all. As you mentioned though, these razors certainly have tons of history and who knows what they've been through. It also could be that my E is an E2. The striations are different than a G (parallel) and the E2 has the head that can open up like the Cobra Classic does. So definitely some difference between my E and the Gs, but maybe not from some of the other Es.

The E1 and E2 had random striations on the guard bar, starting with the E3 they came with the parallel lines, and some of the E's open while others don't, but the basic design and geometry of the E and G frame is the same. I can definitely tell some differences in the various models, but I believe that's individual differences in the razors and not a difference between the E and G types themselves. Does that make sense?

My Personna 74 Tungsten injectors came in today so I shoved one in the PAL.

proxy.php

Well, how about something negative about Injectors: the "Injector" itself. The idea of having to have blades loaded into a specific non-reuseable (OK, semi-reusable) container seems wasteful to me.

My DEs, other SEs, and straights have virtually no waste; at most, a little paper wrapper for the blade, and the little paperboard box the blades came in.

Part of what turned me onto traditional shaving was the efficiency of it. No more aerosol cans of foam, no more spent plastic cartridges in their plastic racks, sold in their plastic clamshell packaging. The Injector brings back a little bit of that inefficiency.

Just saw a group may be in the works for great injector blades. Take a look here, all you injector fans. They are for PTFE coated injector blades.

Regarding any negatives re the injectors. Tossing injector blades is same-same as regular SE and DE blade tossing...what's the difference? And you're tossing a lot less steel with an injector blade than a DE blade. You do have a cartridge loss...but some double edge blades come in plastic dispensers that you toss and most SEs come in plastic dispensers. The new Persona injector blade cartridges are mostly plastic but the Schick are metal I think. I wonder if they're recyclable?

Last edited:
Well, how about something negative about Injectors: the "Injector" itself. The idea of having to have blades loaded into a specific non-reuseable (OK, semi-reusable) container seems wasteful to me.

My DEs, other SEs, and straights have virtually no waste; at most, a little paper wrapper for the blade, and the little paperboard box the blades came in.

Part of what turned me onto traditional shaving was the efficiency of it. No more aerosol cans of foam, no more spent plastic cartridges in their plastic racks, sold in their plastic clamshell packaging. The Injector brings back a little bit of that inefficiency.

They're recyclable, it's a non-issue. Most ASR made SE blades are sold in plastic 10 count vaults that are also recyclable and some DE blades still come in the metal dispensers, also recyclable.

The recycle-ability of the packaging is not the problem. (Well...with the plastics a little bit...since the current state of plastics recycling...anyway)

It's the package itself. It bugs me to rely on it.

The recycle-ability of the packaging is not the problem. (Well...with the plastics a little bit...since the current state of plastics recycling...anyway)

It's the package itself. It bugs me to rely on it.

I understand what you're saying in the context of it, and I've thought the same thing. But if you think about it, you rely on delivery packages to get and use many of the things that you use: Milk containers, candy bar wrappers, the tags that hold socks together at the store, even gas pumps. It's part of life, so reduce what's practical and let the rest go. Otherwise you'll be growing a beard for fear of using anything.

Top Bottom