What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

I would like to hear about your opinions and experiences on using injector razors for head shaving please, thanks

After reading up on the latest posts and noticing the photo of the new Injector made by Parker I could no longer resist and have one ordered. I only have my J1 Injector that I only use on rare occasions and thought why not try a new Injector since it is adjustable.

How good are the Taconic blades? I ask because I got the deal with a free 20 extra free blades(40 blades, 2 lifetime supplies for me) so just wondering how they compare to the Chick blade which is all I have ever used. I have yet to try the Personna and Ted Pella blades being offered but since I don't use the Injector much and with 2-3 packs of Chicks I guess I never thought about buying those blades to compare.

How good are the Taconic blades? .

Very preliminary results but I find the just got the Parker as well. taconic blades are good for about 1 shave. Seriously they seem to dull very quickly. But I’m one that likes a sharp blade mild razor and most blades don’t last too long for me . 5-6 shaves from an AC. 4-5 from a gem or de. I’m trying my first chick now so I can’t compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
First shave with the Parker Adjustable. Extremely mild. Not very efficient. Still had some noticeable stubbles under my jaw bone on both sides. That is my typical trouble spot. But the shave was quite smooth and irritation free. I did pass 1 on setting 3, then moved it right up to 5. Still quite mild and smooth. The build quality of this razor is excellent, and it looks great too. Nice razor. Probably not gonna make the cut for me. But then again, few injectors do. But its a fun little razor, and Im glad i tried it. If you like a nice mild injector, this is your ride. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

2020-12-24 08.18.36.jpg

If it is mild I should like it then. The J1 I have I thought it was aggressive but others say it isn't. It was my Dad's and at first I never used it. Got tired of my twin disposables clogging if I didn't shave every 2-3 days and used it for my once a week shaves. I still use it on occasion but I get a quite a bit of irritation compared to my DE razors. I can't wait to try it. Just got an email it has shipped. I will likely use a Chick to start with for the first shave since that is my current blade. I used to get at least 10 shaves from the Chick on my week old beard. I don't know if they will last that long now. Seems like my whiskers have gotten wiry the last year or so.

Very preliminary results but I find the just got the Parker as well. taconic blades are good for about 1 shave. Seriously they seem to dull very quickly. But I’m one that likes a sharp blade mild razor and most blades don’t last too long for me . 5-6 shaves from an AC. 4-5 from a gem or de. I’m trying my first chick now so I can’t compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I shaved for the 3rd time this morn with my new Parker injector, using the Taconic blade and Taconic shave cream that came with it. I have a coarse beard and finally turned the adjustment dial up to "5." The Parker is mild, but also very efficient. The blade seems like it may have in it at least another 3 shaves or maybe more. I think that it is almost impossible to nick yourself with the Parker. Highly recommended. My only comparison is with my Schick injector G-1, which is more aggressive. I've gotten up to 14 shaves with the G-1 using Schick blades. Next, I will try a Schick blade in the Parker. Which razor or blade works for you is highly personalized. Happy holidays to all!

proxy.php

I love the various marble-like swirls of depth in some parts of the plastic made handle of this G8. I didn’t expect to see that when I bought it and it arrived. This type is more beautiful then I anticipated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some help and advice please.

Having been a Schick SE shaver in the distant early 1970s in the UK I changed to DE in the late 70s when the Schick razors and blades disappeared from our retailers. I have been a DE enthusiast until recently when I decided, perhaps out of nostalgia to take the plunge once again into SE shaving and purchased a Supply razor. It was like being introduced to an old friend, after decades apart!

I am now 5 blades in from the pack of blades that came with the razor which I presume are Supply's own, in a grey plastic dispenser. I have no issues whatsoever with the razor which is a beautiful piece of engineering and ergonomically perfect, yet I think the blades might not suit me. They seem a bit dull and not too sharp. I've tried all the razor settings and have settled on the 2 dot setting but still have some reservations about the blades.

I'm not in a blade contract with Supply and have 3 other choices of blades from suppliers within the UK.

1. The Personna SE Injector blade (Which I suspect might be the same blade as the Supply)

2. Schick USA made blades in a yellow pack. (They get some good reviews but some poor ones)

3. The Japanese 'Schick' in the Blue and Green pack, as seen in the previous post by George of CA. These work out quite expensive but I'm willing to give them a try.

What are your preferences and comments guys?

Many thanks.
P.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
1. The Personna SE Injector blade (Which I suspect might be the same blade as the Supply)

2. Schick USA made blades in a yellow pack. (They get some good reviews but some poor ones)

3. The Japanese 'Schick' in the Blue and Green pack, as seen in the previous post by George of CA. These work out quite expensive but I'm willing to give them a try.

Many thanks.
P.
For me I would rank the above as #2 and #3 tied for first and #1 is my last choice. I have every letter (and several variants) of Schick/Eversharp razors, but no Supply (I'm more of a vintage guy)....that said, I've found the Schick blades in a Yellow pack (which are currently made in China) to be my favorite with the Schick Proline B-20 (the ones from Japan that come in a blue and green package) a close second. A few comments on each:

1. The Personna SE Injector blades that I have used were (IMO and IME) a bit too dull -- just as you described the Supply blades; so I suspect you're correct that they may be one in the same. Some people swear by them, I mostly swear at them.

2. The yellow packaged "Chicks" (Chinese made Schick blades) last a long a time (well over 10 shaves per blade for me) and since I'm in the U.S., I can typically find them in mom-and-pop pharmacies or through the large online retailer named for a big river. These are my "convenient favorites".

3. The Schick Prolines are great blades, but they are costly. I have been told that they are dimensionally different from the "Chicks" and Personna SE blades (I think they are ever so slightly smaller, or maybe it is they are slightly larger) -- I've never noticed a difference in regards to overhang or not fitting my Schicks, and I've used them in the original "Repeater" razors from Colonel Schick and in the "more modern" Eversharp razors. My only complaint is that they are difficult and somewhat expensive to come by. I stocked up on them some time back, and I use them sparingly relative to the "Chick" alternatives.

I'd recommend picking up a package of the yellow packaged blades (i.e., Chinese Schicks) and giving those a try. I've heard good things about the Supply razors, but I'd also recommend going back to your "vintage" roots. :001_smile Please keep us posted.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Some help and advice please.

Having been a Schick SE shaver in the distant early 1970s in the UK I changed to DE in the late 70s when the Schick razors and blades disappeared from our retailers. I have been a DE enthusiast until recently when I decided, perhaps out of nostalgia to take the plunge once again into SE shaving and purchased a Supply razor. It was like being introduced to an old friend, after decades apart!

I am now 5 blades in from the pack of blades that came with the razor which I presume are Supply's own, in a grey plastic dispenser. I have no issues whatsoever with the razor which is a beautiful piece of engineering and ergonomically perfect, yet I think the blades might not suit me. They seem a bit dull and not too sharp. I've tried all the razor settings and have settled on the 2 dot setting but still have some reservations about the blades.

I'm not in a blade contract with Supply and have 3 other choices of blades from suppliers within the UK.

Many thanks.
P.
The Personna SS PTFE one of the better blades for your dollar, I use these ones and are very sharp and smooth out as used with great longevity. Some fellows like the SChick blades that you can get at Amazon in the packet of 7, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.

I learned with my dad's Schick so I've picked up a few along the trail for memory sake. I use them occasionally during the year.

Attachments

• IMG_6251.JPG
    IMG_6251.JPG
    510.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5948.JPG
    IMG_5948.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5181 (2).JPG
    IMG_5181 (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4801.JPG
    IMG_4801.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5957.JPG
    IMG_5957.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 11
An interesting G-Series Injector w/uncommon Crimison handle (it's not black). I've not seen another one during my daily hunt over the last 5-6 years. Has seamed handle and two patient numbers. Also has a unique circular collar instead of the standard squared collar normally used on the G-Series.
IMG_9165.JPG
IMG_9111.JPG

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That one is interesting - besides the color the handle looks to have different detail from those I've seen - more like an E.

I have a Supply and prefer to use the Schick blades with that razor myself. I also use the Personna in my other razors, including vintage Schicks of all types. Honestly there really isn't that much difference to me, but I guess I am not that sensitive. You should certainly try the Schicks!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
For me I would rank the above as #2 and #3 tied for first and #1 is my last choice. I have every letter (and several variants) of Schick/Eversharp razors, but no Supply (I'm more of a vintage guy)....that said, I've found the Schick blades in a Yellow pack (which are currently made in China) to be my favorite with the Schick Proline B-20 (the ones from Japan that come in a blue and green package) a close second. A few comments on each:

1. The Personna SE Injector blades that I have used were (IMO and IME) a bit too dull -- just as you described the Supply blades; so I suspect you're correct that they may be one in the same. Some people swear by them, I mostly swear at them.

2. The yellow packaged "Chicks" (Chinese made Schick blades) last a long a time (well over 10 shaves per blade for me) and since I'm in the U.S., I can typically find them in mom-and-pop pharmacies or through the large online retailer named for a big river. These are my "convenient favorites".

3. The Schick Prolines are great blades, but they are costly. I have been told that they are dimensionally different from the "Chicks" and Personna SE blades (I think they are ever so slightly smaller, or maybe it is they are slightly larger) -- I've never noticed a difference in regards to overhang or not fitting my Schicks, and I've used them in the original "Repeater" razors from Colonel Schick and in the "more modern" Eversharp razors. My only complaint is that they are difficult and somewhat expensive to come by. I stocked up on them some time back, and I use them sparingly relative to the "Chick" alternatives.

I'd recommend picking up a package of the yellow packaged blades (i.e., Chinese Schicks) and giving those a try. I've heard good things about the Supply razors, but I'd also recommend going back to your "vintage" roots. :001_smile Please keep us posted.

+1
I find the Personnas (which is what Supply supplies) lacking in sharpness, though they are by far the cheapest option. I know that the Injectors were not very big in olde England, and am not sure if your #2 the yellow carded Schicks, are really US made - I'm guessing they are the so-called Chicks but ..

Here Amazon carries both, I far prefer the latter. The Proline B-20's are also a good blade, and available over there from Connaught's if you don't mind not having the injector's "key" - doesn't matter much on a Supply Razor at any rate.

My favorite injector blades are NOS Schick Plus Platinum's and Persona 74's. The former can still be found everyday floating in the Bay, while the 74's have regrettably passed on mostly. But again, I have no idea what's available there.

I'm with you guys on this. I've got three of them, 1 used Schick and two of the currently available new models. All work great. While there's not a plethora of blades available for them, the ones that are do a good job and I'm sure each one of us has their preferences. Seems like DE shavers look down their noses at the injector razor...but they shouldn't.

Many thanks to all you chaps for your replies and suggestions. I've ordered the Japanese Schicks and will also try the 'Chicks.' As I've now got the injector bug I've started looking around for a vintage Schick SE razor. I'll keep you informed of my progress.👍

Schicks left to right:
Adjustable
E2
G2

The guard on the E2 is a lot shorter than the other two. Now that I see the picture so is the top. It seems it is also curled under comparatively. The blade exposure is HUGE.
Is this normal or might I have a damaged razor?

9B202731-A17A-4D85-867E-18F6B5F866CF.jpeg

Top Bottom