What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

I don't know which Model you have bought, but you are describing what sounds like a Knackered spring...This usually happens when Sellers try to get the blade out a razor without understanding that you need an injector key.....They try to open them & destroy the spring mechanism....:w00t:

Moreover, some of the Schick Models were not designed to take Twin Blades either like the early Type E & Type Gs'.....The Hydro Magic Model does not like them either....That could also destroy the spring....:w00t:

If the blade slot is that loose its only fit for the bin or display I am afraid.....I got one like that and I contacted EBay and got a full refund from the seller.....If they didn't tell you it was broken and or for repair they have not described the item properly....:lol:

Their Loss.....Not yours......Send it back..... :thumbup1:

Billy

Scott, I'm truly sorry about your Stick--I know how much you wanted one. They sold a lot of them, so there should be another one along soon. Be sure to ask the seller if it is in good condition before you pull the trigger, and best of luck on getting a good one.

I have been trying to win an adjustable on eBay, about four or five
in the last couple weeks. No matter what I bid, I'm high bidder, then
at the last minute a sniper gets it by $1. I wonder how high they would
go might be interesting to see? I have been bidding $40 to $50, the
last one was mint the winner paid $51. I have toying with a $100 bid
and see if their computer program would auto bid $101? thanks, douglas

Scott, I'm truly sorry about your Stick--I know how much you wanted one. They sold a lot of them, so there should be another one along soon. Be sure to ask the seller if it is in good condition before you pull the trigger, and best of luck on getting a good one.
xx

thanks brother...I am not sure many of these seller know what they have, never mind know what constitutes "good condition" I think that twin blade had been in place for some time...oh well, lets see how far I get with a refund...in the mean time I am watching another one...so....back off guys..this one's mine! (said all in good fun of course!!)

Don't overthink it - just bid the most that you are willing to pay. If someone else is willing to pay more, so be it.

I've purchased over 100 razors on eBay, but if I had every one on which I've ever bid, I'd probably have more than a thousand.

There are two ways to get what you want on eBay: You can spend a lot of money, or you can be patient and accept the fact that you're going to be outbid a lot.

Sometimes someone will have an attitude of "I must have that and I don't care what it costs." When two (or more) of these people are bidding on the same item it can get pretty crazy.

If you're winning most of your auctions you're probably overpaying. Bargains can be had if you're willing to wait for them.

--Bob

I don't know which Model you have bought, but you are describing what sounds like a Knackered spring...This usually happens when Sellers try to get the blade out a razor without understanding that you need an injector key.....They try to open them & destroy the spring mechanism....:w00t:

Moreover, some of the Schick Models were not designed to take Twin Blades either like the early Type E & Type Gs'.....The Hydro Magic Model does not like them either....That could also destroy the spring....:w00t:

If the blade slot is that loose its only fit for the bin or display I am afraid.....I got one like that and I contacted EBay and got a full refund from the seller.....If they didn't tell you it was broken and or for repair they have not described the item properly....:lol:

Their Loss.....Not yours......Send it back..... :thumbup1:

Billy

Refund granted!

Don't overthink it - just bid the most that you are willing to pay. If someone else is willing to pay more, so be it.

I've purchased over 100 razors on eBay, but if I had every one on which I've ever bid, I'd probably have more than a thousand.

There are two ways to get what you want on eBay: You can spend a lot of money, or you can be patient and accept the fact that you're going to be outbid a lot.

Sometimes someone will have an attitude of "I must have that and I don't care what it costs." When two (or more) of these people are bidding on the same item it can get pretty crazy.

If you're winning most of your auctions you're probably overpaying. Bargains can be had if you're willing to wait for them.

--Bob

Sage Advice Gentlemen...

It took 7 years of searching for a pristine model that was affordable, but this Schick N3 injector is finally en route. She ain't the prettiest cow in the herd, but she's got gravitas. I couldn't pass it up. The N1 and N2 were sweet shavers, and this youngest-largest sibling should be no different.

Looks like I'm back in the hunt for NOS blades, or having to make do with Chicks. Ah, shaving.

Attachments

• $5.jpg
    $5.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 86
  • $5a.jpg
    $5a.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 86
did you win the nice cased one last night that went for $42 and change??

It took 7 years of searching for a pristine model that was affordable, but this Schick N3 injector is finally en route. She ain't the prettiest cow in the herd, but she's got gravitas. I couldn't pass it up. The N1 and N2 were sweet shavers, and this youngest-largest sibling should be no different.

Looks like I'm back in the hunt for NOS blades, or having to make do with Chicks. Ah, shaving.
Great score. Congrats

It took 7 years of searching for a pristine model that was affordable, but this Schick N3 injector is finally en route.

Now that's what I call patience! Congrats on a nice score. :thumbup1:

Have you considered new Personna blades? I find them to smoother than the Chicks, not to mention more attractively priced. The injector they come in is a piece of junk, but it can be used if you're careful.

--Bob

Can you link me to the Personnas you're talking about. Much appreciated. I had problems with plastic cases long ago, one of the reasons I kept to the metal case NOS and Chick. But now I'm feeling adventurous again.

Thanks to all. I don't normally make a deal out of such things, but this was a huge nostalgic score.

did you win the nice cased one last night that went for $42 and change??

I think my bid was $40 on that one. I'm not on the internet 24/7, I place a bid and that's the
last I see of it until it's over. Some of these guys with these sniper programs can't lose, kinda
think it's a little unfair but they say all is fair in love and war. thanks, douglas

By the way, I scored a nice shiny Type D Scissors model for five bucks in the junk store the other day. I'm smiling like a cat.

Can you link me to the Personnas you're talking about. Much appreciated. I had problems with plastic cases long ago, one of the reasons I kept to the metal case NOS and Chick. But now I'm feeling adventurous again.

Thanks to all. I don't normally make a deal out of such things, but this was a huge nostalgic score.

http://www.tedpella.com/dissect_html/blades.htm#_121_4

The case is actually a plastic/metal hybrid. It works, but it requires a bit of wiggling/finesse to get the job done.

--Bob

Top Bottom