What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Noob question: do type I1 injectors open up for ease of cleaning, like some of the older models?

proxy.php
Short answer, no, and it's not needed.

Question for you all, are there certain Schick injectors that can use twin blades, and others that cannot? My guess is that the older Types should only use single blades.

And has anyone tried a twin in the Parker adjustable injector?

I appreciate reading any thoughts you may have!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Question for you all, are there certain Schick injectors that can use twin blades, and others that cannot? My guess is that the older Types should only use single blades.

And has anyone tried a twin in the Parker adjustable injector?

I appreciate reading any thoughts you may have!

Yeah, the Twins can be used only in the newer models - which may or may not be related to the steadily decreasing aggressiveness of the Schick injectors as the new models were introduced. Seems like the L type was the current production model when the twin blades came out (someone will correct me if I mis-remember) ..

I have been using my Schick E Type daily for the past few weeks with pretty good results from the Chinese Schick blades. I have some Proline blades on the way, and I’m hoping they will yield a closer shave for me.

I’m used to taking apart razors and rinsing and drying all the parts together the blade after each and every use. Since that’s not possible with Schicks, I have taken to soaking the razor head in Isopropyl Alcohol for about a minute to displace any water. Does anyone see any reason why I might not want to do this?

I have been using my Schick E Type daily for the past few weeks with pretty good results from the Chinese Schick blades. I have some Proline blades on the way, and I’m hoping they will yield a closer shave for me.

I’m used to taking apart razors and rinsing and drying all the parts together the blade after each and every use. Since that’s not possible with Schicks, I have taken to soaking the razor head in Isopropyl Alcohol for about a minute to displace any water. Does anyone see any reason why I might not want to do this?
It's a personal choice, but I see no need to use alcohol to clean your Schick E after each use. After use, I rinse my Schicks E and G in hot water and let then dry out. That's it. When you load a new blade into a Schick injector, pushing out the old blade and installing the new one cleans out most debris. Your Schick E was made in the 1940s and still delivers good results. Unlikely that the previous owners did any more cleaning than rinsing in hot water. The Schick E is a great razor. Enjoy.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs

The only concern I can see would be soaking the handle - not sure how IPA plays with bakelite, as I once screwed up a later plastic one with alcohol. If you want to deep clean, fit some dental floss in & behind the blade.

The only concern I can see would be soaking the handle - not sure how IPA plays with bakelite, as I once screwed up a later plastic one with alcohol. If you want to deep clean, fit some dental floss in & behind the blade.

Only head is getting submerged.

I used the Proline in my Schick E Type this morning and the results seemed significantly better. I have the sense that the Prolines may end up working better for me depending upon technique. I hope so because I’m not very satisfied with the Chinese Schicks-I experimented with them for quite some time with no appreciable difference.

The Chinese Schicks aren’t bad in my estimation. It’s just that the Prolines seem to work better for me. Only time and practice will tell.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, I'm down the rabbit hole now! Bought the first razor I ever shaved with, taught by my grandfather in high school (dad was an electric user), just for nostalgia. Enjoyed playing with it. Now I just got another one a few moments ago, I can't believe how cheap these things are.

From perusing this thread, I believe what I have is a Canadian Type E4, which should be relatively mild, correct? And current Chicks will fit it? Because that is what I have. Thank you.

1.jpg

I think maybe it’s an E3, either way the Chinese Schicks should work. That’s what I use in mine with great results
Well, I'm down the rabbit hole now! Bought the first razor I ever shaved with, taught by my grandfather in high school (dad was an electric user), just for nostalgia. Enjoyed playing with it. Now I just got another one a few moments ago, I can't believe how cheap these things are.

From perusing this thread, I believe what I have is a Canadian Type E4, which should be relatively mild, correct? And current Chicks will fit it? Because that is what I have. Thank you.

View attachment 1323352

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I thought it was supposed to open, that's why the spring swings away. Why does it swing away thern?

Nope, no problem. The Type D was definitely designed to open like that, plenty of photos and even a Razor Emporium video showing it. I think the Type E has the same design, I'm not worried about it. I don't think they need to be opened like that for clean if you take care of it well, but it is part of the design, nothing broken, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Only the E1 and early E2s opened. They started fixing the spring in place using various methods as E2 production proceeded. I guess they considered it an unnecessary and perhaps unsafe feature. After all, their main selling point was that you didn't have to handle the blades! They brought the feature back in the 1950s, but they modified the blades so that they could be locked in place when the razor was opened.

Here is a very good thread on the type E.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Whatever. But that razor is clearly designed to do that, it's identical to all the photos of open Type D's I've seen, there is no damage. I suggested it was an E4 because it does not have the tabs on the spring. But it looks fine to me. All the other photos in the listing look fine, as well. If I'm wrong, I'll come back and eat a little crow, but I'm 99.9% positive that is a properly functioning razor.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Sept 5th 2021

Razor: Stick Schick injector L theme series, nice milder injector, I like the theme, kind of reminds me growing up in my youth.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE blade, very sharp, excellent blade, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice Vanilla & light Tobacco scents.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26mm synthetic :001_wub: , excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine Fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Stick Schick with a Personna coated injector blade.

SOTD,  Sep 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom