What's new

The incredible new Timeless BRONZE DE

So thanks to member and friend ShaveMD aka Mark I got a Bronze with both baseplates for a very good price as he said he just wasn't using it and it came in the mail today. I had 3 days growth as I wanted to put it to the test as I've read so many things about the OC being aggressive, not smooth, more efficient than the .95 SS OC etc so I thought I have to find out myself.
So I loaded a once used Polsilver and used a Declaration Grooming Dept soap which has great glide anticipating a challenging shave. Built a great lather with my 49 Boar and went to town. The blade sits very forward and almost to the edge of the OC's it's as close to the edge as my Ikon Tech which is a very efficient razor that demands a bit of attention. Anyway using my skin stretch technique which I always use when using very efficient razors I started my ATG pass. Found the sweet spot/angle right away and had a great 1st pass. Oh this razor sings with a lot of audible feedback which also helped me find the sweet spot quickly. So much to my surprise I got a great 3 pass BBS level 2 shave on my face and a Level 1 on my neck. I'm sure with a Kai blade I'd get there in 2 1/2 passes. To me this is not quite as efficient as my Timeless SS .95 OC which gets me to a level 2 BBS face and neck in 2 passes with a soap water buffing but definitely more so than my .68 OC . No nicks or irritation and after a nice cold rinse and a little refrigerated Thayers and some lavender AS I felt like I had a really great shave. So I'm very happy I got the Bronze. Thanks again Mark and nice job as usual Timeless!

So thanks to member and friend ShaveMD aka Mark I got a Bronze with both baseplates for a very good price as he said he just wasn't using it and it came in the mail today. I had 3 days growth as I wanted to put it to the test as I've read so many things about the OC being aggressive, not smooth, more efficient than the .95 SS OC etc so I thought I have to find out myself.
So I loaded a once used Polsilver and used a Declaration Grooming Dept soap which has great glide anticipating a challenging shave. Built a great lather with my 49 Boar and went to town. The blade sits very forward and almost to the edge of the OC's it's as close to the edge as my Ikon Tech which is a very efficient razor that demands a bit of attention. Anyway using my skin stretch technique which I always use when using very efficient razors I started my ATG pass. Found the sweet spot/angle right away and had a great 1st pass. Oh this razor sings with a lot of audible feedback which also helped me find the sweet spot quickly. So much to my surprise I got a great 3 pass BBS level 2 shave on my face and a Level 1 on my neck. I'm sure with a Kai blade I'd get there in 2 1/2 passes. To me this is not quite as efficient as my Timeless SS .95 OC which gets me to a level 2 BBS face and neck in 2 passes with a soap water buffing but definitely more so than my .68 OC . No nicks or irritation and after a nice cold rinse and a little refrigerated Thayers and some lavender AS I felt like I had a really great shave. So I'm very happy I got the Bronze. Thanks again Mark and nice job as usual Timeless!
Agree with most everything you say, except I found the .78 OC Bronze far mor efficient than the Timeless .95 OC or SB. The .95 is incredibly smooth but not as efficient for me. The correct angle took me a whle to find. I first thought riding the cap was best, but more shaves and finally found the best angle for me was very steep blade angle, handle almost vertical. For me that seems the best angle for all my 'blade forward' razors, like the Ikon Tech, Charcoal Goods level 3, and R41. What angle did you find works best for you? Also I get the smoothest shaves with a Feather blade, which is also what works for me with my other 'beasts'. Have you tried a feather?

Agree with most everything you say, except I found the .78 OC Bronze far mor efficient than the Timeless .95 OC or SB. The .95 is incredibly smooth but not as efficient for me. The correct angle took me a whle to find. I first thought riding the cap was best, but more shaves and finally found the best angle for me was very steep blade angle, handle almost vertical. For me that seems the best angle for all my 'blade forward' razors, like the Ikon Tech, Charcoal Goods level 3, and R41. What angle did you find works best for you? Also I get the smoothest shaves with a Feather blade, which is also what works for me with my other 'beasts'. Have you tried a feather?
I agree with you on blade angle on all the razors you mentioned but maybe not as steep on the Bronze but I feel like I found that sweet spot as I mentioned. It's probably different on different faces. Also it may be that I do a skin stretch technique I've been developing which is similar to how you'd use a straight with some modifications and it allows me to get a closer shave in less passes and with less strokes. This technique I use exclusively on all my more efficient or very efficient razor and it definately tames the beasts LOL. For an example on my face I can be a level 2 BBS smooth with my Timeless .95 OC in 2 passes with a soap water buffing. Charcoal Level 3 in 1 1/2 passes. Now with that said unlike you I used a Polsilver instead of a Feather and things could change using that blade being that in my opinion it's much sharper. Now you've gone and got my curiosity going so now I'll have to do a side by side shave comparison between the .95 SS and the Bronze .78 OC and it may change my mind using the Feather in both razors.
Thanks for the input!
:a17:

Why would you plate bronze? It has an entire age named after it!
LOL good one!
Answer we are no longer in the bronze age LOL JK

Seriously just to have some fun with it but now I may have another razor to use for the black krome project so the Bronze may stay just as is and I do very much like the way it looks as is.
:thumbup1:

I agree with you on blade angle on all the razors you mentioned but maybe not as steep on the Bronze but I feel like I found that sweet spot as I mentioned. It's probably different on different faces. Also it may be that I do a skin stretch technique I've been developing which is similar to how you'd use a straight with some modifications and it allows me to get a closer shave in less passes and with less strokes. This technique I use exclusively on all my more efficient or very efficient razor and it definately tames the beasts LOL. For an example on my face I can be a level 2 BBS smooth with my Timeless .95 OC in 2 passes with a soap water buffing. Charcoal Level 3 in 1 1/2 passes. Now with that said unlike you I used a Polsilver instead of a Feather and things could change using that blade being that in my opinion it's much sharper. Now you've gone and got my curiosity going so now I'll have to do a side by side shave comparison between the .95 SS and the Bronze .78 OC and it may change my mind using the Feather in both razors.
Thanks for the input!
:a17:
would be very interested how you find the Feather in your very efficient razors.....counter to the usual advice - mild razor/sharp blade, aggressive razor/mild blade, I find the Feather gives the smoothest irritation free shaves of any blades in the 'beasts'

would be very interested how you find the Feather in your very efficient razors.....counter to the usual advice - mild razor/sharp blade, aggressive razor/mild blade, I find the Feather gives the smoothest irritation free shaves of any blades in the 'beasts'

I've found the same thing with other razors, for instance my Schone, where a sharp Nacet or Pol-Silver works better and more comfortably than say an Astra, Shark, Derby Extra, or Voskhod. Another instance is the New SC, where a Feather actually works better than many less sharp blades.

Another man that likes a challenge! I like that as that’s me 100%!
I’ll keep you posted.

Agree 100% James.. you know me..just like you! We like having fun.. may I remind you of a certain Red Ring LOL

The Timeless Bronze is nice...but it is nothing compared to the WR1 Bronze that landed in my den last night. Just wow.

upload_2018-3-1_16-40-18.jpeg

Stunning. What blade gap did you get and how does it compare to the Timeless SB and OC?
The Bronze is .80 OC. I have a .74 SB Stainless at my disposal too.

I have several high end modern razors. To me, the Timeless 95 OC scalloped is the best value. It is aggressive enough to take a weeks growth and smooth enough to use every day. It's the least expensive too. I could use this exclusively. I'm glad I don't have too...but I could.

Nothing and I mean nothing can touch the fit and finish of a Wolfman. And until you hold one, you just don't get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have to say that Wolfman bronze is gorgeous, however if it was in my hands....

It's time to rough it up a bit...
IMG_1439.JPG

A weekend project.

Top Bottom