What's new

The incredible new Timeless BRONZE DE

I got mine yesterday and shaved with it this morning. I believe this bronze is more efficient than my .95 stainless SB and even my .95 OC. I love this bronze. Great razor.

I got mine yesterday and shaved with it this morning. I believe this bronze is more efficient than my .95 stainless SB and even my .95 OC. I love this bronze. Great razor.

Any chance you will do a side-by-side with the 95 OC? It would be interesting to see if you still believe the Bronze is more efficient.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
This bronze oc is a tiger I didn't tame today. Had some trouble getting used to it and its a biter this one is. Feels like the blade extends and based on the angle it can easily bite. (3). Also couldn't quite get my neck. I'm going to keep at it for a few days.

First shave with the Timeless OC Bronze. It is a beautiful looking, heavy razor. I found it more efficient than the Timeless .95 OC and just a bit less smooth. The shave is closer in efficiency to the R41 than any of the Timeless, or Rockwell base plates. There is more blade feel than the other Timeless or Rockwell base plates ( I don't find any blade feel with them) but less than the 2013 R41. Since the Bronze OC has only a .78 gap I assume the blade is more forward, exposed, than in any of the other Timeless razors. With an Astra SP used several times before, got an easy BBS with 3 passes and very little touch up. The angle is easy to find. If you like efficient/aggressive razors this may be your perfect razor. Of course YMMV.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Second shave today was much better. I went slow and steady and paid much more attention to my (bad) form. And experimented with the angle. No nicks this time. A little missed spot under my chin. Neck area not BBS but nice. Did not go atg. Might be going in the right direction. Probably the most aggressive razor I've used. The blade exposure is a little daunting for me. Loud feedback. But today was much more of a smooth shave.

Second shave today was much better. I went slow and steady and paid much more attention to my (bad) form. And experimented with the angle. No nicks this time. A little missed spot under my chin. Neck area not BBS but nice. Did not go atg. Might be going in the right direction. Probably the most aggressive razor I've used. The blade exposure is a little daunting for me. Loud feedback. But today was much more of a smooth shave.

Very nice. Based on reports this sounds like a razor for those looking for high levels of efficiency.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
The more I use my OC the more I love it. In fact, this may be the most I’ve ever enjoyed a DE. I’m getting BBS results every shave, even the first one. Occasional nick but overall very smooth. I would like to see an intermediate option in the series with a scalloped baseplate as well. Might help bridge the gap for anyone thinking the OC is aggressive.

M

member 119848

Would it be safe to compare this OC plate to an H–plate from ATT, or to an R41 (2013)?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so people said the OC was smooth, one person said it was a bit mild. Someone might aslo have baseball glove leather for skin on their face too. This is NOT mild. I have shaved with a r41 and Fatip etc... This is more along that vein than anything resembling mild. I did not go in to my shave with that information so I treated it like a mild razor and I paid in blood. Not a lot because I noticed it pretty much right away, but enough that Mr. Styptic pencil got a workout. It is efficient, but so is my Wunderbar, but less bitey. I am not sure if this is a keeper. Can someone give me the DL on the OC vs the SB timeless? I'm interested in hearing from someone who has used both and does not think the OC is mild :)

OK, so people said the OC was smooth, one person said it was a bit mild. Someone might aslo have baseball glove leather for skin on their face too. This is NOT mild. I have shaved with a r41 and Fatip etc... This is more along that vein than anything resembling mild. I did not go in to my shave with that information so I treated it like a mild razor and I paid in blood. Not a lot because I noticed it pretty much right away, but enough that Mr. Styptic pencil got a workout. It is efficient, but so is my Wunderbar, but less bitey. I am not sure if this is a keeper. Can someone give me the DL on the OC vs the SB timeless? I'm interested in hearing from someone who has used both and does not think the OC is mild :)
I have and have used the Timeless stainless .95 SB, the .95 OC and the Bronze OC. The SB is a bit more aggressive than the EJ 89. The .95 Stainless OC is a bit more aggressive than the SB, but still very smooth. The Bronze OC is definitly rougher, to my face, and definitely closer to an R41 ( 2014) than to the stainless .95 OC. That being said, it is also much more efficient. Oddly I find the R41 shaves smoothest, without tugging with a Feather blade, the smoothest shave I have had with the Bronze OC is with a Derby blade. I think the Bronze OC clamps the blade closer to the edge than the R41, so that even a smooth relatively duller blade like the Derby will not flex and tug, not sure if the experts in razor design would agree though. As always YMMV

I used a new Lab Blue, one of my go to blades. I honestly think the R41 is smoother than this razor. i tried varying the angle as well. How does the SB bronze compare to the .95 SB?

I used a new Lab Blue, one of my go to blades. I honestly think the R41 is smoother than this razor. i tried varying the angle as well. How does the SB bronze compare to the .95 SB?
Sorry did not get the SB Bronze, heard the gap was only .38, so anticipated it would be milder than I like. I agree with your take on the R41. So far the smoothest aggressive razor I have used is the R41, 2014, with a feather, but the Timeless Bronze with the "right" blade might get there yet, for me.

What angle is everyone using on this? I want to like it, but my face still hurts from this morning. I'm going to have to Mamba tomorrow to allow it to get better before I give it another try. It does sound like (after reading the whole thread) that the SB is Mamba like in it's mildness. I don't need that either. The Lab blue is usually a very smooth blade for me, so I have to imagine it is the razor.

Last edited:
What angle is everyone using on this? I want to like it, but my face still hurts from this morning. I'm going to have to Mamba tomorrow to allow it to get better before I give it another try
FWIW I am using a shallower angle than with the R41, handle closer to horizontal, closer to riding the cap. I find the opposite gives me the best result with the R41. What do others find best?

Well when I went steep, its made me pay, so yea I can see that. Almost every razor I have had i just "got it" Even straights were intuitive. This is a different animal for me.

I have all 3 Timeless .95 base plates, an R41 and a Piccolo, and I think this bronze .78 bites worse than any of them. It bites way more than the Timeless.95s. I’m going to try it a few more times. If I can’t figure it out, I’ll put it on B/S/T.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I'm struggling with the oc too. It does bite. I'm 4 shaves in. I think I'm getting better but also not getting the closest shave. Its like taming a tiger and my skills are low. I'm really going slow and working a high angle just down from parallel.

What angle is everyone using on this? I want to like it, but my face still hurts from this morning. I'm going to have to Mamba tomorrow to allow it to get better before I give it another try. It does sound like (after reading the whole thread) that the SB is Mamba like in it's mildness. I don't need that either. The Lab blue is usually a very smooth blade for me, so I have to imagine it is the razor.
If the SB is like the mamba I'm with you I don't want that either. My initial thinking was if the oc was too much I would go SB but I wasn't paying attention to the gap. The website says don't be fooled by the SB gap it gets the job done. I'm confused.

I have had the .68sb and oc, the .95sb and oc, and have had both bronze Timelsss razors. Out of all of them, I found the .78 bronze to be the roughest shaver. I really enjoyed all the other baseplates and felt the .95oc stainless to be very smooth but very efficient. To be honest, I feel I get much better/smoother shaves with the R41 and the bronze OC feels comparable to the Ikon tech.

I mailed it back over the weekend. I wish Timelsss would use the same baseplate in bronze as they do for their stainless models. Those would be keepers. I also don’t really care for the bronze/titanium handle design.

The reviews here say it it's super mild, like DE89 mild. That's Mamba territory IMO. They were also comparisons to the tech. I already have one Mamba, don't need another. I suspect the OC will not last the week.

Top Bottom