What's new

The incredible new Timeless BRONZE DE

This is the review I posted on the Timeless website regarding their new solid bronze DE razor:

“The Timeless Bronze Safety Razor - FAST!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Timeless 0.68 gap stainless steel razor with its scalloped cap & base and dimpled 85mm handle, since the day I got it. Wonderful BBS shaves - always.

I had to spring for the new Timeless BRONZE razor because I used to buy, sell and trade vintage Turkish cymbals and the patina of those hand hammered bronze pies to a deep chocolate brown was, and is, irresistable to me!

Well I am SO pleased I bought this offering from Timeless. With its .38mm gap, I’d call this masterpiece.....FAST. I can shave to an absolute dolphin skin smoothness with two quick passes in practically no time and with absolute comfort and impunity! NO nicks, weepers nor bumps. Perfect! Initially I could barely feel the blade and wondered if I’d have to go back over the whole shave - but SURPRISE!!! This glorious bronze masterpiece performs with great efficiency.

So I’m a fan. I am purposely speaking in superlatives because this razor has it ALL.

And now I can use it while I savor the bronze patina process as it evolves. Life is good.”

Wonderful summary @JazzDoc. Fast and extremely smooth just in my first use yesterday. This mornings shave sealed the deal.

Matt at Timeless apparently reports in their testing it comes in shaving wise between the .68 SB and .68 OC.

I have a .68 SB. Amazing shaver. I returned the .95 as I thought it was too aggressive for everyday shaves. The .68, with good technique, was the perfect safety razor. Until now.

Granted, only the second use, but the new bottom plate geometry of the BRONZE (it deserves all caps) resulted in the smoothest and closest Timeless shave I have had.

I can’t wait to get to know this model further. Traveling for work today but will post pics when home. I was going to preserve it but the ‘deep chocolate brown’ sounds enticing!

Thank you @JazzDoc for starting this thread!

Last edited:
Wonderful summary @JazzDoc. Fast and extremely smooth just in my first use yesterday. This mornings shave sealed the deal.

Matt at Timeless apparently reports in their testing it comes in shaving wise between the .68 SB and .68 OC.

I have a .68 SB. Amazing shaver. I returned the .95 as I thought it was too aggressive for everyday shaves. The .68, with good technique, was the perfect safety razor. Until now.

Granted, only the second use, but the new bottom plate geometry of the BRONZE (it deserves all caps) resulted in the smoothest and closest Timeless shave I have had.

I can’t wait to get to know this model further. Traveling for work today but will post pics when home. I was going to preserve it but the ‘deep chocolate brown’ sounds enticing!

Thank you @JazzDoc for starting this thread!
Thanks, @vtmax! :c2:

Nice review!:) It inspired me to visit their website.:) Awesome looking razor! Is it manufactured in the U.S.A.?

Hi Mark!
Here is a quote from the Timeless razor website: "Here at Timeless Razor all of our razors are American made and machined in-house in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility by us."
I'm assuming that applies to the Bronze edition.

The razor feels so strong and hefty yet very well balanced. Just wonderful. I really was tentative about buying it when I read what the blade gap was, but there's an education for us - blade gap doesn't tell the whole story.

Hi Mark!
Here is a quote from the Timeless razor website: "Here at Timeless Razor all of our razors are American made and machined in-house in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility by us."
I'm assuming that applies to the Bronze edition.

The razor feels so strong and hefty yet very well balanced. Just wonderful. I really was tentative about buying it when I read what the blade gap was, but there's an education for us - blade gap doesn't tell the whole story.

Thanks very much!:) A beautiful razor!:) Something to shoot for.:) On my wish list!:)

Thanks for the review. I'm eyeing this razor pretty hard. It's getting more difficult every day not pulling the trigger on it...

Having been lucky to try the SS on a pass around, I was ready to pull the trigger on the 0.68 mm SB later this year. But now I'm intrigued by the brass razor. Looking forward to more comparisons between the two in order to make up my mind on how to go.

Great review and an absolutely gorgeous razor. Glad you are enjoying it. I love my Timeless SS but might need to add this to the den. Enjoy.

Trigger pulled. I use a Timeless SS 0.68 and a Rockwell 6C (5 plate) as my daily shavers. The price point of $120 made the bronze too hard to resist. I have gone through SAD and BAD. It appears RAD is setting in now. It stops after this, right?

Thanks for the review. I'm eyeing this razor pretty hard. It's getting more difficult every day not pulling the trigger on it...
Pull the trigger. Hey - I had to run out this afternoon, my wife was pushing me on time - so I did a bloodless BBS with the bronze marvel in under 15 minutes (capped off with Wholly Kaw's King of Oud splash)! Don't hate me. :w00t:

Having been lucky to try the SS on a pass around, I was ready to pull the trigger on the 0.68 mm SB later this year. But now I'm intrigued by the brass razor. Looking forward to more comparisons between the two in order to make up my mind on how to go.
It's a trace easier to do the edging on my mustache and goatee with the Timeless SS. But not enough to write home about.

Great review and an absolutely gorgeous razor. Glad you are enjoying it. I love my Timeless SS but might need to add this to the den. Enjoy.
Thanks. This is a labor of love. :a44:

Trigger pulled. I use a Timeless SS 0.68 and a Rockwell 6C (5 plate) as my daily shavers. The price point of $120 made the bronze too hard to resist. I have gone through SAD and BAD. It appears RAD is setting in now. It stops after this, right?
Wrong. And we both know it. ;) Congratulations on the Bronze! You won't regret this move.
By the way - you have good taste, @roosty. I also love the Rockwell (at #4).

Can anyone compare this to a Wolfman or an ATT or Black Momba in terms of aggressiveness or efficiency?

I posted in another "Bronze" thread with similar "concerns" about this new design.

I own and love both SS scalloped .68 and .95 but do find .68 while incredibly smooth, efficient and gently shaver, lacks a bit of blade feel for my taste. Looking at the design of SS ones, it's pretty obvious why they would be so smooth and gentle on the face, but also not the most precise to trace things, for those who need that.

This bronze one though, it has a bit of what I consider weird looking square shaped baseplate, as well as minimal blade exposure. Seems that most guys trying it so far like it, but to me, it's seems to be departure from the design I liked a lot.

I posted in another "Bronze" thread with similar "concerns" about this new design.

I own and love both SS scalloped .68 and .95 but do find .68 while incredibly smooth, efficient and gently shaver, lacks a bit of blade feel for my taste. Looking at the design of SS ones, it's pretty obvious why they would be so smooth and gentle on the face, but also not the most precise to trace things, for those who need that.

This bronze one though, it has a bit of what I consider weird looking square shaped baseplate, as well as minimal blade exposure. Seems that most guys trying it so far like it, but to me, it's seems to be departure from the design I liked a lot.
Good thing with Timeless is you could try it and if it indeed is not for you it’s absolutely no issue returning it.

Good thing with Timeless is you could try it and if it indeed is not for you it’s absolutely no issue returning it.

With me, Timeless folks are victims of their own success. LOL :D :D :D

I simply don't feel the need for anything better than scalloped .68 and .95.
Contrary to B&B fashion I'm content with what I have, not even remotely tempted by this new one.

Design for sure is very different, looking forward to reading your impressions on it.

With me, Timeless folks are victims of their own success. LOL :D :D :D

I simply don't feel the need for anything better than scalloped .68 and .95.
Contrary to B&B fashion I'm content with what I have, not even remotely tempted by this new one.

Design for sure is very different, looking forward to reading your impressions on it.
I get that.. I don’t have one yet and I also have the .68 OC and .95 Dual OC/SB and that’s one thing holding me back plus I keep going back and forth between the Bronze and the Wolfman Guerrilla OC. I really liked the SB version but it wasn’t quite as efficient as I like and I sold it and the OC should be just right. So Timeless Bronze or Wolfman OC Guerrilla is where I’m at but if I go for the Bronze I’ll certainly give my impression on it shaves for me. :D

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
.38mm gap. That translates to .0149", call it 15 thou. A Gillette NEW SC gap is .023". From what I can see of the base plate pics, it looks pretty good.

Interesting razor...

vei26.jpg

Top Bottom