What's new

The "If You're A New Guy And Need Stuff" PIF

Cleaning house on some stuff....recently settled on using my Timeless .95 as my #1 razor, and I'm not a guy that likes multiple unused things lying around.

I've also been the beneficiary of a couple PIF/giveaways when I was brand new and it really helped me to decide what I like and don't, what kind of stuff to be looking for along the way, etc.

Figure I can do the same for a new guy. Small way to give back to this community, cause I like it here.

RULES:

Usual stuff here.....this is for noobs only, so you have to have been here less than 6 months and have some quality posts. I don't want to check profile dates, so we're on the gentleman honor system here.

I would like this to go to someone who actually NEEDS it, so if you don't, please refrain from entering so as to give the guys who need stuff a chance....

Just post and say "I'm in" and your post number will be your entry number...I'll copy them all, kick them into a random number generator and that'll determine the winner.

If you'd like, tell us where you're at in your shaving journey, we like to hear this stuff as we've all been there...what you like so far, what's working for you, what isn't, etc...

I'll let this run for most of a week, probably this coming Saturday night do the random thing and post the winner either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

CONUS ONLY PLEASE!

STUFF

proxy.php

So here we have some FNG stuff....you're going to get a couple soap samples, a variety of blades so you can try different ones out and see what you dig, you're going to get one of the best synthetics on the market IMO in the Razorock Bruce, and hey there's some razors here!

You got a vintage TTO in the '66 Eversharp Krona (this thing is awesome), you got a few mild Razorocks (Teck II, SLOC head, Baby Smooth) you have a Maggard's v3 head back there on a RR SS handle, and you've got a Merkur slant for your modern stuff.

These are going to help you determine what you like as far as blade gap, exposure, vintage vs modern etc.

Couple soap samples from Oleo Soapworks (this stuff is great) and Siliski Soaps to help you make some soap decisions.

That's it.

Thanks to B&B for being a great community full of gentlemen, all so enthusiastic about this hobby we're all addicted to. I appreciate you guys.

S

Not in as I'd no longer be considered a new shaver (I think I've been in about 9 months now), but I just want to say thanks for contributing to our shaving enthusiast society and congratulations on finding your one razor that works so well for you! :D

I've only been here 3 months so im still new and need stuff so I'M IN !!!!! also Thank you for the PIF..........

Last edited:
I’m in. I’ve only been at this for 2 months. Super looking PIF. I suspect there would be a follow on PIF after a learning period.

I'm in! Thanks!

I've only been DE shaving for a couple of months and I'm still figuring things out. I gave my cartridges to my son in June and haven't looked back since. My only regret is that I didn't start sooner.

I joined the forum on July 3, 2019 to learn a bit more about technique, razors, soaps, etc. All of my reading and research has me craving all different razors and artisan soaps & aftershaves. Who woulda thought shaving could be so addictive!?!? I'm still working my way through my first tub of Proraso green shave soap and can hardly wait to try other brands.

Thanks for this generous opportunity!

Not in , ..... but it's a great PIF. The winner is going to be a very lucky man.
However, ..... I would love to try those Derby Premiums. Let me know if you
have a few packs left over. :a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

Hi all! "I'm in!". I have been here less than a week but have been DE shaving for about a month now. I have only one decent razor which is a Merkur 34c so it'd be nice to try some others. Also with living here in Thailand the market is almost non existing. Without sounding like I want sympathy the Thai officials have also put a very high tax on items coming into Thailand so often you will end up paying more than the actually razor it self just in shipping and fees. Anyway a very generous care package indeed. Thank you!

I'm a bit of an old hand, so not in. Moreover, the joy a new guy will get from this makes me even more happy! Great PIF, and great gesture. You newer guys need to enter--this is amazing stuff!

I'm in! Joined this group recently to try and perfect my shave. Wet shaving leaves me with a much more comfortable shave than carts, but feel it could be better. I have difficulty getting a close shave without discomfort. I know there is a razor/blade combo out there for me, just trying to find it! Waiting on a non tallow soap sample and some vintage razors from ebay right now...

Top Bottom