What's new

The Hunt for Red October

I have a wonderful off the wall question. In the movie "The Hunt for Red October" when Jack Ryan is packing to head to the CIA they show his den/library. The camera pans on a painting of a maritime battle for some time. Is anyone familiar with this piece of art? I am looking to find a print of this piece. It would be a perfect present for my brother. I wish I could find a still frame or you tube video of this section of film, but I have not been able to find any.

Thanks

-Luke

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have a wonderful off the wall question. In the movie "The Hunt for Red October" when Jack Ryan is packing to head to the CIA they show his den/library. The camera pans on a painting of a maritime battle for some time. Is anyone familiar with this piece of art? I am looking to find a print of this piece. It would be a perfect present for my brother. I wish I could find a still frame or you tube video of this section of film, but I have not been able to find any.

Thanks

-Luke
Luke:
Can you post a pic?
proxy.php

proxy.php
"A good picture is equivalent to a good deed." VincentVan Gogh

This is a still from the movie. I have no idea what the actual painting is though.

Attachments

• $snapshot20120424201848.jpg
    $snapshot20120424201848.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 185
Seeing the James Earl Jones reminded me of another tough b*&$d John Paul Jones

proxy.php

the 50-gun HMS Serapis engaged the Bonhomme Richard in the North Sea off Flamborough Head, England. Skippered by Captain John Paul Jones of the Continental Navy, the Bonhomme Richard was devastated inthe initial broadside between the two ships, losing much of her firepower and many of her gunners. Captain Richard Pearson, commander of the Serapis, called out to Jones, asking if he surrendered. Jones’ famous reply: “

I have not yet begun to fight!”

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Looks like the Battle of Trafalgar, but I did not find that picture.

Trafalgar was mainly ships of the line (74 guns or more, for the most part) with three gundecks on the side ... this image seems to be of smaller ships ... perhaps the USS Constitution.

This image of the Constitution ...

proxy.php

Seems similar.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
called out to Jones, asking if he surrendered. Jones’ famous reply: “

I have not yet begun to fight!”

... and Jones' first lieutenant muttered under his breath "now would be a good time to start..."

I have two large framed prints in my office. One is "Java and Constitution"

proxy.php

The other is "Scotland Forever"

proxy.php

I'm thinking of replacing them with a photo of Phil upending a bottle of the Veg on himself.

I have two large framed prints in my office. One is "Java and Constitution"

proxy.php

The other is "Scotland Forever"

proxy.php

I'm thinking of replacing them with a photo of Phil upending a bottle of the Veg on himself.

Were did you get the Java and Constitution from?

Top Bottom