What's new

The House of English Laundry.... Cheap and Soooo good.

I never bothered with even looking at this particular brand. I’ve got some heavy hitters in my stable of fragrances from the Niche houses of Creed, Parfums de Marly & Dior including some designers such as Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, Issey Miyake and countless others. Have some good cheapies in there also from CK, Sterling (Armaf) Perry Ellis and on and on and on.

So, it brings me to this particular house of English Laundry. And actually it was brought to me by my Lady who bought me one and it took off from there sorta. It just actually surprised me at how good and quite inexpensive these fragrances are. And if you’re here in the US, they’re easily found at any local TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Burlington discount stores for anywhere between $10 - $24 depending on whether you purchase the fragrance alone or as a set. The set comes accompanied with a 3.4oz edp, a smaller .68oz travel size and a 3in1 body wash, shampoo, conditioner in an 8oz tube. Would have preferred an aftershave splash than the body wash gel but, not bad for $19.99. The bottles are of nice quality as are the pump sprayers. The only caveat that I can see is that the caps are not of the best quality and can fall off rather easily. No big deal for the money but, I thought I’d mention it anyway as some do take that into consideration on how their bottles of parfum close. And yes, these are all edp strength. So the juices do have some lasting power.

Enough of that though, as what I really want to talk about here are the scents and their performance. And perform they do surprisingly with decent projection, sillage and longevity. I only have 4 of the many scents that they produce and will be on the lookout for more. Another thing I would like to mention is that they have been known to produce clone scents of other higher end fragrances, as a couple here will attest to that.

From left to right: Tahitian Waters, Riviera, Cambridge Knight & Signature.......
66CD8E38-9F18-4202-A903-9D03405885BF.jpeg

Tahitian Waters: This one is pure tropical goodness. On the beach, with a cold Piña Colada soaking up the rays. A gorgeous scent that is best suited for the warmer days. A woody, citrusy scent with a touch of real coconut aroma thrown in. Opens with a bit of lime, bergamot and orange then leads into some of a floral mid-notes that’s very subtle and finishes off with a nice cedar wood note. They have brown sugar listed but, I don’t get it. After 2-3 hours it turns mostly into a nice, soft skin scent. Cost was $13. Great value.

Riviera: This one is really a clone of 2 scents to my nose. A bit of Chanel Homme Sport with some YSL ‘Homme dna thrown in to balance it out. I should mention you do get a quick burst of the Chanel Homme Sport Extreme in the sweetness but, is gone in like 10-15 minutes. Opens up with lemon, bergamot citrus freshness that turns aromatic and green with an excellent woody vibe that dries down to a soft oak moss & sandalwood note. Chanel & YSL vibe for a 1/5th of the price of either of those. Cost was $19.99 in a set. Excellent value.
7800E08E-F5D4-4A3E-90F5-E609DEC98909.jpeg

Cambridge Knight: A near identical version to Paco Rabanne’s Invictus Aqua. Only a bit more softer and not as citrusy sweet with a bit more woody vibe to it. Definitely more mature and well rounded compared to the PR Invictus Aqua in which I feel was geared to the younger crowd. This one grew up and would wear perfectly from the age of 25 to 65 without a problem. Really a great summer or all season scent. Cost was $24.99 in a set. A great value.

Signature: Yes, for the Gentlman right here. A classy woody, floral with some light citrus thrown in yet has this clean lavender and fresh smell that would be awesome for office wear. Won’t wow anyone with it but, with 4 good sprays you get about 2 hours of projection then a nice scent bubble thats about 18 inches around you. Very classy and smooth. Cost was $10.99. Also an excellent value.
4E461FBC-838F-484F-A78B-31B7262B5DDB.jpeg

Like I said Gents, great value for the $$$ and they won’t break the bank. There are countless other scents and if you happen to be at any one of the stores mentioned earlier, snatch them up guys. These are hidden gems for sure from English Laundry.

These are how the sets will look like......
FD22C5E7-AE93-498D-9B2A-25315F3D6238.jpeg

EDE237A8-D256-4053-8EC3-0B654076D6FE.jpeg

0E38C56F-FB51-4695-8BF8-C9BEA0B3523E.jpeg

I own Cambridge Knight, Windsor, Signature, Arrogant, Riviera, Tahitian Waters, Notting Hill and Oxford Blue. So yeah, I agree with you. Great value here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I own Cambridge Knight, Windsor, Signature, Arrogant, Riviera, Tahitian Waters, Notting Hill and Oxford Blue. So yeah, I agree with you. Great value here.

Absolutely. Windsor, Notting Hill & Oxford Blue are next on my hit list. Arrogant has a similar vibe to Signature so I’m not trying to get that one, yet.

What’s your take on Windsor, as to the scent and overall performance?
Fruit, spice, tobacco, musk...not polite, a bit dirty but in a good way. It's definitely a cooler weather scent. Anything over 75 degrees or so could see this get a bit (or a lot) overwhelming. Probably not an office scent. It's too daring for that. It needs space. But I do foresee this getting some solid wear on date nights and social outings in cooler weather. I like it quite a lot and it was definitely worth the pickup for me. Longevity will have to be determined in cooler weather. Around the house it seems fairly solid.

Windsor is definitely a cooler weather scent. I agree it's not office friendly as it's too strong. It does last when I tried it during late spring/early summer. I'm still on the fence if I'm keeping it or not.

I have all of them with the exception of Cambridge Knight and Tahitian Waters. I haven't been able to find them locally yet. I'm hoping I get lucky as I really like the scents so far.

Another English brand I've stumbled upon is Pecksniff. I purchased a couple of bottles (Classic and Active) for less than $10 each. Decent longevity. It doesn't project too much so very office friendly.

Windsor is definitely a cooler weather scent. I agree it's not office friendly as it's too strong. It does last when I tried it during late spring/early summer. I'm still on the fence if I'm keeping it or not.

I have all of them with the exception of Cambridge Knight and Tahitian Waters. I haven't been able to find them locally yet. I'm hoping I get lucky as I really like the scents so far.

Another English brand I've stumbled upon is Pecksniff. I purchased a couple of bottles (Classic and Active) for less than $10 each. Decent longevity. It doesn't project too much so very office friendly.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. Where did you happen to find the Pecksniff juice?

Fruit, spice, tobacco, musk...not polite, a bit dirty but in a good way. It's definitely a cooler weather scent. Anything over 75 degrees or so could see this get a bit (or a lot) overwhelming. Probably not an office scent. It's too daring for that. It needs space. But I do foresee this getting some solid wear on date nights and social outings in cooler weather. I like it quite a lot and it was definitely worth the pickup for me. Longevity will have to be determined in cooler weather. Around the house it seems fairly solid.

:thumbup1:

I finally got my hands on this one from English Laundry, London. Yes, it is a Creed Aventus clone but softer and more related to the latest fruitier batches of the Aventus elixer. I think you can actually put this on for the office and not be "that guy". Decent sillage and projection is average but, a nice and smooth scent that won't have all the eyes on you and you'll catch decent whiffs of it for 5-6 hours. Not to bad at all. Best thing was price: $10 for 100ml. at a local TJ Maxx..

MW40_881Y_00_ENGLISH_LAUNDRY_LONDON_SET.jpeg

Thanks for bringing this house up, @GlazedBoker. I've never tried anything by them, but I think I have a couple of samples laying around somewhere. Hard to beat those prices. Is the body wash/shampoo any good?

Thanks for bringing this house up, @GlazedBoker. I've never tried anything by them, but I think I have a couple of samples laying around somewhere. Hard to beat those prices. Is the body wash/shampoo any good?

The body wash/shampoo is ok. I didn't purchase them for the wash but, it has a nice, lighter scent than the juice. Doesn't linger long after the shower but, you get a slight sniff here and there for about 15-30 mins....

I have several English Laundry fragrances and I think they are very nice for the price. I have yet to see London. I will be on the lookout. I got a couple of them in gift sets with body wash, and they I like the body wash quite a bit. The scent is quite strong on the Tahitian Waters and Cambridge Knight ones.

I've been on the lookout at my TJ's and Marshall's...no sign yet, alas.

I have several English Laundry fragrances and I think they are very nice for the price. I have yet to see London. I will be on the lookout. I got a couple of them in gift sets with body wash, and they I like the body wash quite a bit. The scent is quite strong on the Tahitian Waters and Cambridge Knight ones.

You can also try the discounters like Burlington & Ross stores. I've seen a few of them there also....

I found a $20 box set of these at the Maxx today:
Arrogant, Oxford Bleu, Riviera, Notting Hill
EL.jpg

I just did a quick smell of them. They seem good so far...
The box says that it contains 2 EDT and 2 EDP but doesn't identify which one is which...

Also found a 100ml bottle of Ford Mustang Performance for $10. I used to have an 06 Mustang so couldn't pass it up. Has kind of a fresh linen smell with a bit of spice.

Oh and there's a parrot. Norwegian Blue... Lovely plumage.

Top Bottom