What's new

The Houdini of aftershaves?

So i bought a bottle of green Proraso aftershave after liking the cream.

I splashed some on last night and was impressed with the scent, it was great! 10 seconds later the menthol kicked in. Woo! This is great. 20 seconds later. Poof. Disappeared. Gone.

Gave it another try tonight, using a little more this time. Great scent, menthol, poof gone. I got about 30 seconds.

Anyone else have this disappear on them like a Houdini stunt?

For reference i use Proraso red and i am happy with that one. The scent on red lasts me about an hour with subtle hints for a few hours after. Thats why i am surprised with the green!

With most aftershaves I'm lucky if I get any longer than 5 minutes scent-wise. They're generally not designed to go much longer than that. I get maybe five or ten minutes of perceptible scent from Proraso Green aftershave. Ironically the balm with its herbal-anisic smell, in no way similar to the splash aftershave, lasts much longer.

For me the scent of the green splash lasts about 30-45 minutes, with occasional hints of it throughout the day. But that's my preference with aftershaves. Similar with the red.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The Proraso green scent lasts for hrs even when I dilute with witch hazel. It is your nose sensors that get overwhelmed and kind of shut down after 5-10minutes. Try this experiment, put a dab mid arm and test scent every 1/2 to 1hr and you will be surprized that you can still smell the scent. I always put aftershave or cologne mid arm to test how long it lasts or put some on a business card to test new aftershaves, it is surprizing how long the scent stays active.

The Proraso green scent lasts for hrs even when I dilute with witch hazel. It is your nose sensors that get overwhelmed and kind of shut down after 5-10minutes. Try this experiment, put a dab mid arm and test scent every 1/2 to 1hr and you will be surprized that you can still smell the scent. I always put aftershave or cologne mid arm to test how long it lasts or put some on a business card to test new aftershaves, it is surprizing how long the scent stays active.

Thanks for the tip. I will give this a try.

I really like the scent, so hopefully its just me!

My nose gets used to the scent of any aftershave very quickly, even a new one that I try. You really need to ask someone else if they can still smell it on you.

I notice that when I wash my face, long after I have applied the aftershave, I can suddenly smell it when I first splash water on before reaching for the soap. I'm talking at least 8 hours later. Even for the weakest of aftershaves.
YMMV.

Top Bottom