What's new

The horror! Swmbo asked me...

...when I'm going to shave off my "funny mustache" :cursing: that I've been growing since Movember. Granted, it's still slightly unkempt, but I'm getting the hang of a handlebar these days.

I told her if the mustache goes, the goatee goes, too. Sometimes you have to play hardball, yeah?

I may just have to tell her to get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich if she keeps that up.

Ah, be a good sport. She'll love ya for it! In fact, shave, make dinner resrvations, maybe movie night then ask NOTHING in return and go to bed. Ha!

...when I'm going to shave off my "funny mustache" :cursing: that I've been growing since Movember. Granted, it's still slightly unkempt, but I'm getting the hang of a handlebar these days.

I told her if the mustache goes, the goatee goes, too. Sometimes you have to play hardball, yeah?

I may just have to tell her to get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich if she keeps that up.

I have the opposite... my wife loves my handlebar "Forbids" me to shave it off

Getting fresh usually keeps the comments at bay around here.

You could tell her-

Either she will leave you alone, or you will have an interesting time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little side note: A wise old biker told me that the reason women have smaller feet is so they can stand closer to the sink. Just saying.

Say it with me "yes dear, you are right" trust me it will hurt you less in the end. If your SO is unhappy chances are you will be unhappy.

Why play hardball? I don't understand. If your significant other doesn't like the 'stash, why not shave it? Most guys, I think, have no real clue about what looks good on them and what looks bad. Who's to say your sweetheart isn't right?

I gave up on being right long ago. I like to keep my head shaved, but the SWMBO told me that it was not allowed. I went along with it for a year now, and realized why when I saw an old photograph - I look like a killer with my head shaved. See, they really do know best. The implant in the back of my neck reminds me of that every day....LOL

...and realized why when I saw an old photograph - I look like a killer with my head shaved. See, they really do know best. The implant in the back of my neck reminds me of that every day....LOL

I don't understand the obsession some guys have with head shaving (not meaning you). 99% of men look ridiculous, much more so than if they just trimmed whatever hair they might actually have. 1% can pull it off, and their name is Bruce Willis. :lol:

I don't understand the obsession some guys have with head shaving (not meaning you). 99% of men look ridiculous, much more so than if they just trimmed whatever hair they might actually have. 1% can pull it off, and their name is Bruce Willis. :lol:

Willis looks like an ax-murder in my eyes, but ymmv. IMO, there's nothing more sad and pathetic than a man whose hair is in obvious... strategic withdrawal... and who desperately tries to hide it with long hair, comb-overs, etc. I've told SWMBO that I'm NOT going to be "that guy" and will rather shave it bald than look like I'm trying to pretend it's not happening.

Fortunately, that does not appear to be in my near future, regardless of the hairlines of the rest of the men in my family. One uncle was bald at 16. Poor guy.

Willis looks like an ax-murder in my eyes, but ymmv. IMO, there's nothing more sad and pathetic than a man whose hair is in obvious... strategic withdrawal... and who desperately tries to hide it with long hair, comb-overs, etc. I've told SWMBO that I'm NOT going to be "that guy" and will rather shave it bald than look like I'm trying to pretend it's not happening.

Fortunately, that does not appear to be in my near future, regardless of the hairlines of the rest of the men in my family. One uncle was bald at 16. Poor guy.

Oh, I'm not advocating any comb over silliness or anything like that. Just clip it short and go forth without shame. :thumbup:

Top Bottom