What's new

The Holy Trinity of Aftershaves

Never a fan of the fancy unbelievable costly smellies... I ALWAYS favored what I call the holy trinity of aftershaves. Occasionally. I will use some Nivea post shave balm... but for the most part I stick with the classics; nothing makes your skin feel better or smell better.

3.skin bracer- the old glass bottles of the “slap hand/the thinker/Bear” are amazing! The Jack Palance 90’s commercials, the Pete Rose in the 80’s, and Joe Frazier of the 70’s were awesome too... but the scent and feeling of your skin leads you to nothing but “Thanks! I needed that!”

2. Aqua Velva- it’s true that “nothing smells like an Aqua Velva man!” The Canadian Green sport is nice. I wish I could experience all the other types they had thru time, though I am not a fan of the “musk” AV... but the Blue is and alway will be simply amazing! My dad (age 74) talks how it reminds him of the early 1960’s!
Aqua Velva is a keeper with no comparison

1. Clubman original- the burn, the scent, and the cost! Nothing better! The sillage is amazing as it lasts forever! I remember growing up that if we weren’t wearing clubman it’s only because we had graduated to something expensive like CANOE! But we always came back to the original

honorable mention:
original Old spice- my paternal grandfather favorite
Clubman musk- love the scent
La toja- the new breed!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have cheap trinities too.

My aftershave array consists of two cheap pharmacy (drugstore) brands, and a bottle of home made stuff. I also have three cheap bottles of EdT. That'll do just fine for me.

Never a fan of the fancy unbelievable costly smellies... I ALWAYS favored what I call the holy trinity of aftershaves. Occasionally. I will use some Nivea post shave balm... but for the most part I stick with the classics; nothing makes your skin feel better or smell better.

3.skin bracer- the old glass bottles of the “slap hand/the thinker/Bear” are amazing! The Jack Palance 90’s commercials, the Pete Rose in the 80’s, and Joe Frazier of the 70’s were awesome too... but the scent and feeling of your skin leads you to nothing but “Thanks! I needed that!”

2. Aqua Velva- it’s true that “nothing smells like an Aqua Velva man!” The Canadian Green sport is nice. I wish I could experience all the other types they had thru time, though I am not a fan of the “musk” AV... but the Blue is and alway will be simply amazing! My dad (age 74) talks how it reminds him of the early 1960’s!
Aqua Velva is a keeper with no comparison

1. Clubman original- the burn, the scent, and the cost! Nothing better! The sillage is amazing as it lasts forever! I remember growing up that if we weren’t wearing clubman it’s only because we had graduated to something expensive like CANOE! But we always came back to the original

honorable mention:
original Old spice- my paternal grandfather favorite
Clubman musk- love the scent
La toja- the new breed!

Welcome to B&B, Sir Coachmn!!
This foray can be dangerous to your bank account!!
What would you consider to be some "costly smellies"??

Welcome to B&B, Sir Coachmn!!
This foray can be dangerous to your bank account!!
What would you consider to be some "costly smellies"??

thank you! I have been on and off the boards for a very long time. Just a long time since my last post!

my Wife cannot understand my love for my “trinity”. She prefers an over priced and arasol scent of AXE! My 5 year old daughter on the other hand shares her wisdom and loves Daddy’s smells! ESP the “Green stuff”

Top Bottom