What's new

The Hofbrau Haus "shelf"

Berne's. On Third Ave literally off Northwest Blvd in Grandview. Short Drive from Haufbrau.

It's dinginess and squalor was the ideal place for Russian language students to congregate. I am tempted now to go back and verify it's squalid, dingy existence. It was the last surviving bar of the OSU glory days. The stuff on High Street is now just corporate.

It's dinginess and squalor was the ideal place for Russian language students to congregate. I am tempted now to go back and verify it's squalid, dingy existence. It was the last surviving bar of the OSU glory days. The stuff on High Street is now just corporate.
I don't know if Bernie's is still there. It was one of my wife's favorite college watering holes because they undercharged and over poured then had specials.

Berne's is connected to Granddad's Pizza. Good pie! Inside you can get a proper Guinness or half and half. They usually have a huge St Patrick's day party. Tent in the parking lots etc.

During slower times they have darts and pool and just an old smokey ( well it looks smokey) dark pub.

Top Bottom