What's new

The health benefits of mustaches

Didn't the 'Stache Act include a bacon subsidy? Maybe that got stripped out in committee...

Last edited:
Rubbish, especially the part about being more trustworthy. (?!?) There's a substantial subset of the population that believes guys with beards are sporting them for psychological reasons; i.e., trying to hide something. This may also be rubbish, but it is believed by a fair number of people. These people automatically trust a clean-shaven person more than they trust one who wears a beard or a mustache.

The part about being more attractive is also, at best, largely made up. Sure, if you have some obvious asymmetry or scar and want to hide it, it might work for you. On the other hand, there are lots of women who greatly prefer the look of a clean-shaven man, so if you don't have a scar or an asymmetric face or a weak chin, they would find you more attractive when you're clean shaven.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Didn't the 'Stache Act include a bacon subsidy? Maybe that got stripped out in committte...
Paul:
I had a 'stash' back in my Army days until I turned 40yrs.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Come here soldier...yeah I'm talking to you. You better get 'locked in tight'!!! CBJ

But oh man...what about the free omeletes and hash brown potatas?
proxy.php

proxy.php
"A man without a mustache is like a cup of tea without sugar". English Proverb

Attachments

• $CCF05222012_00000.jpg
    $CCF05222012_00000.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I grew a mean mustache once, but shaved it when I discovered that the reason I was more out of breath while running wasn't because of some degenerative disease, but because I couldn't get enough oxygen past those whiskers. That, and I didn't like the lingering taste/smell of goat that followed me around until I could properly wash. The lingering taste of maple syrup from free pancakes, however, could get me to grow that beast again.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Thanks for the link.

The only time you'll see more moustaches than that is at a SRP convention.

Rubbish, especially the part about being more trustworthy. (?!?) There's a substantial subset of the population that believes guys with beards are sporting them for psychological reasons; i.e., trying to hide something. This may also be rubbish, but it is believed by a fair number of people. These people automatically trust a clean-shaven person more than they trust one who wears a beard or a mustache.

It has less to do with how you wear your facial hair than it does with how you conduct yourself; body language and facial expression play a bigger part in how we perceive people.

I'd sooner trust this guy http://www.starnow.com/carlchambers2/photos/3134152/#!photo-3134159 than I would this guy http://imgmf3.starnow.com/20/1999420_3056663.jpg
Likewise I'd sooner trust him http://www.starnow.com/carlchambers2/photos/3134152/#!photo-3056717 than I would him http://www.starnow.com/carlchambers2/photos/3134152/#!photo-3134152

They're all the same guy, but it just goes to show that your demeanor colours how people think of you.

Last edited:
My dad had a mustache for a long time. He's been clean-shaven for years, but I will always prefer him with the mustache. I have always favored keeping some sort of facial hair.

Thanks for the link.

The only time you'll see more moustaches than that is at a SRP convention.

You may have something there. I attended the first SRP gathering and do remember some mustaches there.

Wow, up to 16% of your life shaving? That's about 3 hours 45 min a day! I have seen guys with a lot of shaving brushes on this site, just never thought they would try using all those brushes for every shave.

i have a large stache and goatee,bald head. tattoos etc. ride a harley. as you can imagine many people that just see me are offended. people that know me say i am very nice. shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
i personally just like the way i look. which in turn makes me feel good about myself. so really there may be health benefits.

i have a large stache and goatee,bald head. tattoos etc. ride a harley. as you can imagine many people that just see me are offended. people that know me say i am very nice. shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
i personally just like the way i look. which in turn makes me feel good about myself. so really there may be health benefits.

+1!
Also for the pancakes!

Ouch, that dude in the link isn't decreasing the risk of an untimely death, that sort of facial hair just angers people!

Wow, up to 16% of your life shaving? That's about 3 hours 45 min a day! I have seen guys with a lot of shaving brushes on this site, just never thought they would try using all those brushes for every shave.

Didn't you know? There's the left cheek brush, the right check brush, the chin brush, the left, right, and center neck brushes, and the upper lip brush. And that's just for face lathering. It's a whole different game for bowl lathering.

Top Bottom