What's new

The Handwritten Thread

My FC pen has a Michael Masuyama medium stub nib. It is smooth as silk and give a very nice line variation. Stubs are more forgiving than cursive italics. If you plan on lots of note taking or writing stub nibs would be worth some investigation.

If you are looking for a great signature pen or a pen for note cards, Christmas cards, short poems, etc... cursive nibs are lots of fun too.

JMTCW... YMMV....

My FC pen has a Michael Masuyama medium stub nib. It is smooth as silk and give a very nice line variation. Stubs are more forgiving than cursive italics. If you plan on lots of note taking or writing stub nibs would be worth some investigation.

If you are looking for a great signature pen or a pen for note cards, Christmas cards, short poems, etc... cursive nibs are lots of fun too.

JMTCW... YMMV....

Thanks, great info. Guess that leaves me no choice: get both! :001_cool:

IMG_6329.JPG

letter aug 13.jpg

Just wanted to say hello everyone. This was with my Namiki Falcon, it's a bit of a wet writer and it lacks the ink capacity that I desire (but it's a buttery-smooth writer). These days I usually reach for the Parker 51 as it's smooth, lays down a fine line, and it has perfect saturation (not dry, but not nearly as wet as my falcon). I've been contemplating listing the Falcon in B/S/T for a fine nib Pilot CH 92 or a TWISBI Vac 700R. What do you guys think? I'm just looking for a nice (smooth-writing) fine nib, with great ink capacity, that doesn't literal soak my paper, lol. You thoughts?

View attachment 812741

Just wanted to say hello everyone. This was with my Namiki Falcon, it's a bit of a wet writer and it lacks the ink capacity that I desire (but it's a buttery-smooth writer). These days I usually reach for the Parker 51 as it's smooth, lays down a fine line, and it has perfect saturation (not dry, but not nearly as wet as my falcon). I've been contemplating listing the Falcon in B/S/T for a fine nib Pilot CH 92 or a TWISBI Vac 700R. What do you guys think? I'm just looking for a nice (smooth-writing) fine nib, with great ink capacity, that doesn't literal soak my paper, lol. You thoughts?

you can also play with your inks if the pen is wet.

Top Bottom