What's new

The Hair Just Beneath Your Lower Lip

I had a similar experience when trying to build my first propane forge. I had built it roughly 4x bigger than I should have, and lighting it was a harrowing experience. I decided to scrap that one and rebuild smaller when I got a flash burn that took all the hair off my right arm, as well as from most of my face.

Unless you’re working with some truly massive stock, it turns out a beer keg is much too big for building a forge in.

A non-straight razor user suggestion:
I tighten the skin just below my lower lip by dropping my jaw while rolling my lower lip over my bottom teeth. It flattens the area.

A non-straight razor user suggestion:
I tighten the skin just below my lower lip by dropping my jaw while rolling my lower lip over my bottom teeth. It flattens the area.
I can see shaving against the grain above the chins to the bottom lip, but not from the neck up over the chin. A center pull device like a Schick Injector or Gem is a better concept if this area just must be shaved ATG, and as always IMHO.:ciappa:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Half the time I stick my tongue hard into the space behind my lower lip and shave that area E-W, then re lather and re shave W-E. Seems to work pretty good for me.

I've not tried that. I will.

I can manage it. E-W & W-E are problems for me with the straight, but maybe...

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

all these moves are intuitive...I just curl my lower lip over my teeth....has the same effect,
but keeps the skin really taut and straight, instead of curving it. Straight is better IMO.

This is called the Devil's pass for a good reason!

I believe the "Devil's pass" is shaving ATG using a straight razor on your upper lip due to the risk of slicing your nose. There is far less risk when shaving the area below your lower lip, or using a DE or SE razor. even shaving ATG.

I believe the "Devil's pass" is shaving ATG using a straight razor on your upper lip due to the risk of slicing your nose. There is far less risk when shaving the area below your lower lip, or using a DE or SE razor. even shaving ATG.

Ah yes I stand corrected. That is my fault for making such a hasty reply. D'Oh!

Top Bottom