What's new

The Hair Just Beneath Your Lower Lip

I am confused...

Did you mean to specifically damn the hair beneath MY lower lip? What'd it ever do to you?

Or did you mean men in general's lower lip hair? It can get in the way from time to time, which, of course is why we shave it off, but damning it to hell is quite a strong reaction to getting a little whisker in your salad.

Or did you mean that you had a difficult time shaving this hair specifically on your lower lip? In that case, I can suggest two or three WTG passes with a feather light touch. Don't go chasing BBS in those hard to shave ATG spots, or you end up paying the blood price.

I am confused...

Did you mean to specifically damn the hair beneath MY lower lip? What'd it ever do to you?

Or did you mean men in general's lower lip hair? It can get in the way from time to time, which, of course is why we shave it off, but damning it to hell is quite a strong reaction to getting a little whisker in your salad.

Or did you mean that you had a difficult time shaving this hair specifically on your lower lip? In that case, I can suggest two or three WTG passes with a feather light touch. Don't go chasing BBS in those hard to shave ATG spots, or you end up paying the blood price.
:001_smile

Well put!

Half the time I stick my tongue hard into the space behind my lower lip and shave that area E-W, then re lather and re shave W-E. Seems to work pretty good for me.

If you cannot remove that hair with your straight razor, you can always do the job with a DE or (heaven forbid:a2:) a cartridge razor.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The objects in question are on the lip.

proxy.php

What is often called the lip...

proxy.php

...is the vermilion.

Some people would say that these particular hairs should be called whiskers.

upload_2019-5-11_19-22-28.png
upload_2019-5-11_19-22-59.jpeg

Therefore it is necessary to understand exactly what tool is required to remove these objects from our face.

upload_2019-5-11_19-24-45.jpeg

Yes, a blowtorch will work. Many think it the appropriate device since the objects in question are not hairs, and they are not whiskers.

proxy.php

All the elements in green are metals. The objects in question are metals. Most of the YMMV in our B&B discussions occur because we do not - trust me on this & it's a genetic thing - all make these things on our lower lip out of the same metal. Mine, for instance, appear to be a light colored copper, but yours might be silver or gold (lucky you).

The actual answer is Fire Shaving!

upload_2019-5-11_19-31-48.jpeg

But, this is not the way to do it. Homework is required. Don't say you weren't warned.

Fire Shaving is otherwise known as Fire Melting. Be very careful please, gentlemen.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Years ago, we had an oven that had to be lit using a match. It was our first house and we did not have the money to upgrade the appliances. One day, my wife got distracted while lighting the oven and allowed the gas to flow a little to long before striking the match. The result was a fire shave. All the hair on her face, eyebrows included, was instantly removed. However, there was no permanent damage. We decided that we would change our financial priorities to replace the oven with one that had a pilot light. Now, ovens have electric ignition and even the pilot light is a thing of the past.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Years ago, we had an oven that had to be lit using a match. It was our first house and we did not have the money to upgrade the appliances. One day, my wife got distracted while lighting the oven and allowed the gas to flow a little too long before striking the match. The result was a fire shave. All the hair on her face, eyebrows included, was instantly removed. However, there was no permanent damage. We decided that we would change our financial priorities to replace the oven with one that had a pilot light. Now, ovens have electric ignition and even the pilot light is a thing of the past.

I did much the same thing fixing a propane stove.

I was enveloped in a flash of fire, like a box of fire I was told, but it was instant and I was not hurt (well a tiny sunburn like thing but that doesn't count). I had a beard at the time. My beard was not removed, but it was singed. Still, I lost eyebrows and eyelashes. It was so fast I wasn't terrified but someone who saw it was.

I'm glad your wife was not seriously hurt.

Top Bottom