What's new

The guy behind Organics Studio

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Fun article in the Washington Post today on Tyler Thompson, the founder of Organics Studio and creator of the one ink possibly more notoriously staining than Noodlers Bay State Blue - Organics Studio Nitrogen. I've been meaning to try some of his better behaved inks since he's a local artisan and all. Any Organics Studio fans out there?

Fun article in the Washington Post today on Tyler Thompson, the founder of Organics Studio and creator of the one ink possibly more notoriously staining than Noodlers Bay State Blue - Organics Studio Nitrogen. I've been meaning to try some of his better behaved inks since he's a local artisan and all. Any Organics Studio fans out there?

I like Nitrogen. I've not used it in any demonstrator pens, but now I know not to. lol I also just picked up a bottle of the Walden Ponds, but haven't tested it out yet.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thx for posting just read some reviews
The sheen looks amazing but the difficulty cleaning it out of pens makes me gun shy

Thx for posting just read some reviews
The sheen looks amazing but the difficulty cleaning it out of pens makes me gun shy
Even with the Nitrogen, I haven't had any issues with it not cleaning out of a pen using the standard bulb syringe and water method. If your sink is white, you may have to scrub a bit with cleanser to get rid of a slight blue hue on it once you finish. I wouldn't suggest using it in a demonstrator, nor in a pen that is hard to take mostly apart for cleaning, just in case. Still just talking about the Nitrogen color. I haven't heard of the others being as difficult to clean as that one is.

Unfortunately, it won't let me read the article unless I unblock ads, which isn't happening.:001_rolle

I tried the Jane Austen some years ago in my search for a water resistant purple ink in a shade that I like. It is a nice enough purple, but the person on another fountain pen forum who told me that it was water resistant turned out to be sadly mistaken. It wasn't the manufacturer who made the claim, so no blame there.

I picked up a couple of Organic Studio inks when they first came out. Aristotle IG and Accident Blue (Pigmented). I thought the Accident Blue was washed out looking and only worked well in a couple pens, so it's been shelved for a while.

I recently went to load a pen with Accident Blue and 3/4 had evaporated. I was stunned. I've never had an ink dissipate so much. Anyway, put a little in a cartridge and filled the rest with distilled water. The results? A much richer blue that performs remarkably! I'd compare it to Noodler's Liberty's Elysium.

Last edited:
Love me some Nitrogen... Washing it out of pens isn't any worse than any Noodler's. Possibly easier. Walden's Pond is fun too. Haven't tried any others yet. Have a bottle of Nitrogen. Have a sample of Walden's Pond ;) Wouldn't hesitate on a bottle of WP.

Top Bottom