What's new

The greatest commercial, EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no great commercials.... just less annoying ones...besides... no one ever applauds me for doing my job.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
There are no great commercials.... just less annoying ones...besides... no one ever applauds me for doing my job.

That's because compared to what those guys do, what you do isn't important. Doesn't even matter what it is that you do.

Hope they're headed home instead of shipping out.

That's because compared to what those guys do, what you do isn't important. Doesn't even matter what it is that you do.

Although I get the feeling this is just a snide rebuttal to a fairly obtuse observation, are you saying that you think "soldier" is the most important occupation known to humanity? I'd disagree with that, but I want to make sure that's what you're actually saying.

Although I get the feeling this is just a snide rebuttal to a fairly obtuse observation, are you saying that you think "soldier" is the most important occupation known to humanity? I'd disagree with that, but I want to make sure that's what you're actually saying.

Change soldier to "defender of liberty" and the answer is certainly yes. Of course, you might not think our soldiers are doing that right now.

I don't think anyone is implying "soldier is the most important occupation known to humanity." Kind of a strawman argument, imho.

The first video reminds me of the first time my son came home from boot camp. As he was walking out of the terminal towards my car several people came up to him and shook his hand. He was dressed in his uniform and carrying his sack. It brought a tear to my eye. I was originally against him joining the Army. I would have preferred that he finish college but he joined anyway. Nevertheless, I am just as proud for his service.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

Actually, it was a snide remark intended to preempt any additional obtuse observations regarding the folks being honored in the commercial. Apparently, it didn't work. :lol:

As to which occupations are the most important, I'll provide a very brief list:

Soldier- no.
Anyone who is willing to protect my ***- yes.

The latter may take the form of a doctor, fireman, EMT, lawyer, and yes, even a soldier.

Hope this clarifies my position.

Actually, it was a snide remark intended to preempt any additional obtuse observations regarding the folks being honored in the commercial.

I don't have any problem honoring our young men and women serving our country, I think a commercial is not the best way to honor them.

Someone told me that I should thank a Vet when I see one, or thank a soldier in uniform. I never really got it until these last couple of years.

So recently... I thanked a Vet for 21 years of Air Force service. He simply replied "thanks for thanking me." Not much more was said, no politics, no explanation...
simply Thanks.

I don't have any problem honoring our young men and women serving our country, I think a commercial is not the best way to honor them.

It's not like they put a friggin' beer in their hands.

They had to mention WHO was saying thank you and saluting them.

Give em' a break. Geeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom