What's new

The Great Southern Land (Australia)

Hi all

Currently in northern NSW into a 2 year trip around Australia. Just happen to come across this link on the general forum last night. Have just spent a half hour catching up...great to see all the familiar names in one place.

Hi Mark
Thanks, Having a great time not much around in the form of razors, but not that I looking very hard. Off to Vietnam next week for month and then continue the odessy.

Most of what I have seen I have already, but I have noted the prices are getting higher....along with comments like "have a lot of people looking for these type of razors now days" or at least words to that effect. I live in hope that somewhere, someday I am going to locate a double ring.

Legion

Staff member
Most of what I have seen I have already, but I have noted the prices are getting higher....along with comments like "have a lot of people looking for these type of razors now days" or at least words to that effect. I live in hope that somewhere, someday I am going to locate a double ring.

I don't even think they were imported to Australia, so you will struggle. A couple of the guys have found single rings.

Legion

Staff member
PIF

Who wants a stick of Arko to try? You can't buy it here, believe me, I've looked. And it's not worth importing a stick, the postage is worth five times the cost of the soap. Unless you order a whole bunch, which I did, so now I have a lifetime supply, plus one spare. I had to wait until I got to the US before I could get my hands on this stuff, but it was worth the wait. It is a great performer. The scent is somewhat divisive, but I've never had an issue with it. See what you think.

If you have never tried Arko, and want to go into the running to try this EXCELLENT soap and see what all the fuss is about, just post that you are in in this thread. In a week I'll use some random chooser and send my spare soap stick out to someone here in Oz.

Very generous offer. Well done.

For those interested you can pick up Arko from eBay for around $5-6. I picked up one for $6.60, delivered, from a UK seller. Can be purchased cheaper from sellers in Turkey but I didn't want to wait long for delivery.

Hi guys, hope everyone down south is keeping warm. I'm just wondering whether there may be anyone/place that would do razor restorations in Australia? I have a gillette slim and a rocket of my grandfather's. It seems he was a bit of a clutz as both of them appear to have been dropped, damaging the safety bars. Thankfully one side of the slim seems to be ok and I have been shaving with it, but it would be great to get it fully functional. Maybe this is something I could do on my own, but I'd really like to try and get them perfect if possible.

If any of my fellow Aussie B&B members have experience with this kind of thing, I'd love to know about it.

My mate scored another handful of vintages from a country town antique store yesterday. There are definitely goodies to be had out there...

Top Bottom