What's new

The Great Southern Land (Australia)

Ps. i am able to aquire 2-3 Parker 51s in good condition for $28-35 would it be worth it? i need a new pen but am lacking cash, my two ferrets need harnesses first, been doing it tough with everything in life right now.

I edited my boot taste from GPs to Ropers recently, i like my Thomas Cooks, they have been refinished and are going to get a leather heel stacker and a heel plate when i have the time, I want a pair of RMs, but they are way out of my budget with a leather sole, but they are nice, shame i have size 12UK feet that are wide, not many vintage western boots or RMs in my size

Im unsure yet, thats what im thinking, i need a new pen for school, my Schaeffer school pen i have grown out of, i dont want a pen that takes carts, i want something which will suck the ink up, I cant find Brooks Brothers 1818 anywhere, been after some since Timmy Dee? sent me a sample of that and something else, Eav Des Baux isnt cutting it.

G'day all!!

Back in Australia, only for a two week visit doing the friends and family thing.

Great to be back, arrived early this morning. Need to convince the ball and chain its time to come back for good!

Am going to do some shaving gear shopping today! Just wanted to say hello, its great to be what I view as home!

I've never watched curling until now, though I've been aware of it.

Its like intense lawn bowls and looks pretty fun! (although not more fun than a boozy afternoons barefoot bowls)

Of course we are in the 'Olympic Period' so we are ALL experts on ALL of the sports showcased in the games.

What did you think of their technique Dunny? How keen was the ice?

Did you notice the hog to hog speed?

Look, the Canadians had sound technique, and clearly know their way around the hog. But I just felt like they weren't out there enjoying themselves enough. The sweepers seemed by and large disinterested, even if this is the one arena that the ruskis did a great job of preparing. It's like an MCG pitch, in my expert opinion.

I also don't like the new trend among younger players to use the 'overhand' grip.. Sure it helps with the topwise spin, but it's not worth the clear reduction in control.

Last edited:
Yes, the Canucks are clearly the front runners and the ones to beat.

You are right though in your observations about the sweepers, I think that they need to show a little more commitment and demonstrate that they are willing to put their bodies on the line if needed. This is the Olympics after all and this opportunity to compete against the best in the world only comes around once every four years.

I think that the 'overhand' grip is the future of this sport but agree that at the moment the control just isn't there for most of the players. It may well be though that as we move away from the Blue Hone stones to the Common Green with the Blue Hone Ailserts that it becomes easier to control.

The fault isn't with the stone mate. You and I both know that.

There's no room in this great sport for all this overhand showboating.

Top Bottom