What's new

The Great Samuel Gawith Pipe Tobacco Shortage of 2010

Is there a tobacconist anywhere within the CONUS that has tins of S. Gawith in-stock? :blink::blink: I mean, seriously, WTH?? If I don't get a fresh tin of Squadron Leader sometime soon I am going to become quite unpleasant. :mad3:

I'm down to one opened and one un-opined tin of baccy. I keep postponing an order until SG is back in stock somewhere. One tin of FVF...that's all I'm asking for. :mad3:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I heard from a guy on a pipe forum that his local B&M just got a supply of SG tins of the following.
1792 Flake
Squadron Leader
FVF
Perfection
Skiff Mixture
Grousemoor Mix
Kendall Cream Flake
Firedance
Celtic Talisman
Best Brown
Chocolate Flake

Sam G shippid out a bunch of bulk blends last month and I restocked my FVF and 1792. Hopefully their tinning issues have gotten worked out and they will get their production back to normal soon.

Damn, you are in Toronto too. I recently sold 6 tins because it wasn't my favorite. Email Rich at 4noggins.com, he put some aside for you the next time it arrives, he's a good guy.

You sound like you like a nice English/Balkan. I suggest trying McClelland wilderness and legends blended by Fred Hanna.

Last edited:
Damn, you are in Toronto too. I recently sold 6 tins because it wasn't my favorite. Email Rich at 4noggins.com, he put some aside for you the next time it arrives, he's a good guy.

You sound like you like a nice English/Balkan. I suggest trying McClelland wilderness and legends blended by Fred Hanna.
In fact I sent Rich an e-mail a week or two ago to do just that! He told me that his SG "just kinda shows up" and he would let me know. It's getting kinda ridiculous, to be honest.

I stopped smoking pipes pretty much. I think I'm going to get rid of it all and just hang onto my favorite two pipes and a couple tins. Vlad, PM incoming.

Been smoking my pipe less and less lately. I promised my wife I'd quit before she got home from work and I don't want to expose her to it being pregnant and all. I'll check my local shop to see if they have any and grab some if they do :thumbup1:

I wish there was one....I had a local tobacconist that I saw 1 tin of Bracken Flake at one time. Bought it, and haven't seen any more since. Once in a while they get some Dan Tobacco or CAO tins, but that's about it unless you actually have them order it for you which is still hit or miss as to whether or not they actually will. They just push their "house" blends around here which are really Altadis and Lane stuff. Too bad there aren't more good tobacconists around here....or that I don't have the money to open up a shop :tongue_sm

It seems that "our long national nightmare is over". Most all of my usual sources now have S. Gawith in-stock!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Congrats!

I'll have to stick to 4noggins for my Sam Gawith though; I wish we could have a REAL tobacconist around here rather than just cigar pushers with lane/altadis bulk that don't even smoke pipes.

One of my local B&M's have SG stuff in stock. However, I don't think I want to pay 15.00 a 50g tin for the cheaper ones. Black XX was 17.00 a 50g tin.

Top Bottom