The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 4 - The Round!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Discussion' started by Luc, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Pepin

Pepin Ambassador

Very nice, how would you describe the scent of "The Cabin" soap?

2. This might sound strange, but I get the smells of fresh cut lumber, and kind of reminds me of egg nog lol. Very nice though.

3. The anticipation is mounting.... Looking forward to more great experiences from the est of the gang.

4. Just looked up the scent,
    • Black Spruce (steam distilled from needles/twigs)
    • Himalayan Cedarwood (steam distilled from wood)
    • Nutmeg (steam distilled from the seed)

5. Pepin

Pepin Ambassador

Thank you. Sounds like a very nice soap, I will have pick up some.

6. So many goodies in that box..enjoy, good sir and I'll pick uo the torch when you're done.

7. with most of B.C. Burning I thought A theme might be in order. [​IMG]I'll admit with the sky orange with smoke outside, smoky shaving soap was a bit much, but a very good shave. I always thought special reserve smelled like an old lady smoking so thought that went well with my theme lol.

First time with a superspeed. A very mild shaver that's for sure, zero irritation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Luc

Luc Moderator Emeritus

I can understand the orange horizon! Good update!

9. I've been wanting to get this razor from Razorock, and lo and behold it's in the box.

rrquickchange1_grande.jpg
    Was super interested because it's a very reasonably priced razor. Lathered up my tabac with my standard blade Gillette 7 oclock green and went to town. unfortunately it's just too mild for me and after 4 passes I was not able to get bbs. No irritation though :)
    Now I know, and I didn't need to buy it to find out, so thank you "Great Canadian Pass Around".

PS: I got Esetter's address, and the box will be going out on Tuesday.

10. Right on! It must be milder than a super speed. Maybe a feather would work better?

11. I thought it would be comparable to the super speed too, but I got bbs with that one a couple days ago, so it's milder.

12. Thank you for the review, I was eyeing them at Italian Barber as well. I probably don't want one if it is milder than the SS. I guess I will have to wait until the box gets to me and find out lol.

13. Today's shave featured my software with a tech. A fantastic shave, I'm gonna get me a tech, plain, simple, and great. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

14. Luc

Luc Moderator Emeritus

Tech + Feather blade is really awesome!

15. Mtn Man

Mtn Man Contributor

Looks like you are enjoying some great shaves!

16. That's my favorite razor! Glad you enjoyed your shave!

17. Getting ready to say goodbye, decided to put a feather in the super speed today, effortless bbs, but the feather reminded me to treat it with respect.

I have proraso in the tub, but never tried the cream before so thanks travelling box.

The balm is nice as well.

Added a shaving cream and blades to replace the blade "samples" I took

I'll be shipping it tomorrow, get ready Esetter. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

18. I'm ready and really looking forward to trying out some new stuff!

19. I was sad do it, but it's on the way. Here's the tracking # 0644668001077902

It was awesome getting to try vintage razors, what I liked, and didn't like.

20. Luc

Luc Moderator Emeritus

Great work!