What's new

The Great Blade Exchange 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jason.
I got the blades, thanks!
I don't have a whole lot on the 'Wanted' part of the list. Most of what I have available fall into the 'Don't send' category.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hi Jason.
I got the blades, thanks!
I don't have a whole lot on the 'Wanted' part of the list. Most of what I have available fall into the 'Don't send' category.
You ever come across or maybe see in a movie a GIANT barking snarling dog ready to chew your head off.....then when you get close it tackles you and licks your face and just wants to play?...

Kinda how that category is :lol:

Does TGBE have 70 Astra SP and 50 Derbys.....yes...Am I going to turn down the chance for someone to find THE BLADE...I doubt it.

In the beginning i was a stickler, just like any new manager at a business. But really this is about YOU the members, and being able to try blades you otherwise wouldn't be able to get your hands on or ever heard of. The blades available as part of TGBE are driven solely by what the members here are willing to offer for trade.

So basically if you look at the list and notice TGBE is way overstocked on a particular blade that you were going to send, but you have several other blades that you could send instead, then help your fellow members and send something else. If TGBE "overstocked" blades are ALL that you have available to send then that's understandable.

Curious to know where the list is you can exchange for. I have 200 GSB lying around that might not be for me along with a ton of 7 0 clock yellows. I'd like to try some Personna's blue, reds, IP, heck I don't even know all the blades. Just know I want to try different ones.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Curious to know where the list is you can exchange for. I have 200 GSB lying around that might not be for me along with a ton of 7 0 clock yellows. I'd like to try some Personna's blue, reds, IP, heck I don't even know all the blades. Just know I want to try different ones.
Read the first post in this thread, it details the exchange and guidelines. The list is a google doc and the link is in post #2

GSB is a popular blade with the exchange!

I'd like to try:

3 Gillette 7 o clock Blacks
3 Gillette 7 o clock Greens

in exchange for

5 Gillette Silver Blues
5 Gillette 7 o clock yellows

Hi Jason,

I would like to try:

2 PolSilver Super Iridium
2 Personna Med

in exchange for:

2 Crystal Super Platinums
2 Perma-Sharp Supers

Thanks.

I'd like to try:

2 7'Oclock Yellow
2 7'Oclock Black

in exchange for

2 Feather Black Label
2 7 O'Clock Green

or, if you want since your out of Feather Blacks, 4 Feather Blacks.

Last edited:
Definitely need an envelope moistener...

Funny for a few reasons
1. Time of post
2. Had the same though when I was mailing them out. I had a really good idea though, I bought self sealing envelopes. Only problem with that was postage was stuck to the envelope sent in. :lol: I was so glad my wife wasn't in the room when I figured that one out. I blame it on the lack of sleep I was getting at the time.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Funny for a few reasons
1. Time of post
2. Had the same though when I was mailing them out. I had a really good idea though, I bought self sealing envelopes. Only problem with that was postage was stuck to the envelope sent in. :lol: I was so glad my wife wasn't in the room when I figured that one out. I blame it on the lack of sleep I was getting at the time.
Purely coincidental :lol:

I had this idea early on. The more envelopes I lick the more it sinks in. There are plenty of alternatives to licking the envelope but I want people to know I'm dedicated to the cause.

Awesome guys!

I would like to exchange:

2 Treet Platinums
2 Voskhods
2 personna Lab Blues
2 Gillette Yellows

for:

2 Personna Israeli Reds
2 Gillette Blacks
2 Bolzanos
2 Polsilver Super Iridiums

Would also like to donate a 5 pack of Voshkods.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Awesome guys!

I would like to exchange:

2 Treet Platinums
2 Voskhods
2 personna Lab Blues
2 Gillette Yellows

for:

2 Personna Israeli Reds
2 Gillette Blacks
2 Bolzanos
2 Polsilver Super Iridiums

Would also like to donate a 5 pack of Voshkods.
nice exchange, thanks for the donations!

Definitely need an envelope moistener...
Jason- A two-pack of a highly rated envelope moistener is on its way to you via Amazon! You should receive by end of week. You can't be licking all those envelopes- who knows what is in that glue. Thanks for all your work on this 2013 Great Blade Exchange! The Sputniks are great. I notice that noone has taken my spineless Feathers however- they don't just fit Valets- they also fit Burhams- thought those babies would be snatched up!:001_tongu

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Jason- A two-pack of a highly rated envelope moistener is on its way to you via Amazon! You should receive by end of week. You can't be licking all those envelopes- who knows what is in that glue. Thanks for all your work on this 2013 Great Blade Exchange! The Sputniks are great. I notice that noone has taken my spineless Feathers however- they don't just fit Valets- they also fit Burhams- thought those babies would be snatched up!:001_tongu
RonV you are a fine gentleman. Thanks so much! I remember reading a story bout someone that had bettle larvae growing in their tongue. The doctor had to cut them out and they thought it was from.................LICKING ENVELOPES!!!! I laugh in the face of bettle larvae! On a side note I haven't been able to taste anything for 3 days......

Now shall declare I will never lick another envelope again thanks to RonV!!

As for the spineless Feathers, I was actually bidding on a Valet specifically because of the spineless Feathers you donated. Alas it went to high.

******TGBE HAS SPINELESS FEATHERS FOR VALET AND BURHAM RAZORS******* ONLY 2 AVAILABLE!

Hi Jason,

I would like to try:
2 Personna Med
2 Gillette 7 o'clock Black
2 Polsilver Super Iridium
2 Shark Super Stainless

In exchange for:
2 Lord Platinum
2 Shark Super Chrome
2 Personna Red (Israel)
2 Feather (yellow)
2 Wilkinson Sword
2 Derby

I'm on my first sampler, which only has the more common blades, so I'd like to donate the extras.
Thanks,
Aaron

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hi Jason,

I would like to try:
2 Personna Med
2 Gillette 7 o'clock Black
2 Polsilver Super Iridium
2 Shark Super Stainless

In exchange for:
2 Lord Platinum
2 Shark Super Chrome
2 Personna Red (Israel)
2 Feather (yellow)
2 Wilkinson Sword
2 Derby

I'm on my first sampler, which only has the more common blades, so I'd like to donate the extras.
Thanks,
Aaron
great! thanks for the donations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom