What's new

The Gratiot Krect Shave Spiral Slant Razor

@Zeppelinkarte,

It would be great if one of the new producers made a steel version of this razor. I'm really impressed with the way this shaves, but hesitate to use a rare vintage razor as a daily driver. I would definitely purchase a stainless version.

*I'd want the cam/lever version though, it's part of the fun.

Recently received a new to me 3 piece "Spiral Curve" Krect from another member here. It looks similar to [MENTION=107383]efsk[/MENTION] 's razor.. Here are a few pics just for fun.. Hope to shave with it soon and report back.. $IMG_krect1.jpg $IMG_krect2.jpg

Chongo Gordo,
When you say it requires a steep angle, do you mean lowering or raising the angle of the handle?

The type of angle one would use with a Gillette, for example, won't give you any blade contact. By steep angle I mean the blade should be almost perpendicular (just short of ninety degrees) to the face. With traditional DE's, one tends to tilt the razor back, more towards forty-five to sixty degrees. You won't get contact at this angle.

This is the attribute of the Krect razor that reminded me of DE shavettes.

Brotherhood Of Slant Shavers (B.O.S.S.) Thread has lots of good stuff on this (Krect) razor. The post I unsuccessfully tried to link earlier was on page 19 post #361 I believe.. Beware - rabbit holes await...

Thanks- I'll look that up!

... My review of the Krect, done a couple of years ago at the B.O.S.S. thread on Badger and Blade, is worth taking a look at. ...
I believe this will link you directly.

Very interesting thread guys! :thumbup:

I saw another on the auction website. I hope someone on these pages picked it up. I'd like to hear their thoughts if so.

$Picture 1.png

IMG_1512.JPG
I live near Portland, Oregon and was given one earlier this year. I ended up making a trade with another B&B member as it was a bit too aggressive for my face. But, I can say I shaved with a Krect.

Top Bottom