What's new

The Goods! Straight Razor Hobbyist Gallery

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Oh My!!!!!! Joe!!!! This is Custom Knife High Art Territory. Wonderful!
This is a 31/32-8/8 Custom Non-Folder I finished up recently. Steel is 1095 and razor is a 1/4 hollow grind. Spanish point with an interrupted notch. Spine work and a pretty good grip for stropping and shaving. It is acid etched to bring out the hamon line from hardening with clay and has a nice satin finish throughout.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is a 31/32-8/8 Custom Non-Folder I finished up recently. Steel is 1095 and razor is a 1/4 hollow grind. Spanish point with an interrupted notch. Spine work and a pretty good grip for stropping and shaving. It is acid etched to bring out the hamon line from hardening with clay and has a nice satin finish throughout.

proxy.php
What an eyecatching design! The filework really sets it off. I love the aged finish with the modern lines. :thumbup:

Finished this up last night. It is my take on the Frank Warner Bird wing I guess. Blade is made from Hitachi White steel and carries a 2" cutting edge. 6/8-13/16 wide and quarter hollow grind with a wicked french point. Vine style file work above and below for the jimps. Scales are made from blue stabilized maple burl and is wedge less with torx screws holding them together. Third pin catches the blade in the nook so that it doesn't go through the scales. Took a wicked edge and the point bit me a little last night in my test shave.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Another new pattern, hot off the presses:

Attachments

• $gumwood new.jpg
    $gumwood new.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 357
  • $gumwood new back.jpg
    $gumwood new back.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 358
Hmmm....expanding your field a little.

Nice and matchy. The shape of the brush looks very comfortable, long for a deep mug or bowl.

Phil

I did a few brushes a couple years back. Someone who just bought a razor of mine gave me the idea to make a matched set. This is the first prototype.

I tried to get off the straight razor train for a while, but this thread pulls me back every time! Just the pictures, I know I'll never own one of those bad boys!

Here's one just finished up.
7/8's monkey tail with a slight Spanish point.
Horn scales, bone wedge with stacked washers

Attachments

• $_MG_7920_2.jpg
    $_MG_7920_2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 436
  • $_MG_7921_2.jpg
    $_MG_7921_2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 435
  • $_MG_7922_2.jpg
    $_MG_7922_2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 437
  • $_MG_7923_2.jpg
    $_MG_7923_2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 436
  • $_MG_7924_2.jpg
    $_MG_7924_2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 436
Alright I know mine don't really compare to the beautiful customs in this thread but here is one indie a light clean up on. It was pretty clean to begin with but it needed the age spots and patina buffed off. Now she's all nice and shiny.

6/8 #14 PIK(ERN) 3/4 hollow.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom