What's new

The Goodfellas’ smile safety razor stainless steel Syntesi

Something new from the Goodfellas (Italy) on preorder: the "Syntesi".

Seems it's a not quite Game Changer style razor, while looking similarly the blade clamping seems less pronounced.

"Developed entirely in 303 stainless steel coated with scratch-resistant hard chrome, Syntesi Safety Razor features a finish somewhere between polished and matt. Brilliant but without reflections, like the sand of the White sands desert (New Mexico) glistening in the scorching midday sun."
"The handle of the Syntesi safety razor features a Nylon safety washer pre-installed in the handle screw. This special housing locks the washer in place, preventing it from falling out."

Material: Stainless steel 303
Coating: Scratch-resistant hard chrome
Handle length: 80mm
Overall length: 87mm
Head width: 43mm
Head depth: 24mm
Blade gap: 0.62mm
Exposure: 0.02mm
Weight: 98gr
View attachment 1567511

It's on preorder at the Goodfellas website for a reduced price, but won't ship before January. While gap isn't everything to judge a razor, this one seems rather mild. It seems to be an Italian thing to notoriously put IMO unnecessary coating over good steel.
Necro-replying to tell you to that putting matte chrome over stainless steel is neither notorious nor Italian. Japan did it with the Feather AS-D1 and still do it for all their DE razors.

It is actually a good ldea as it prevents rusting and makes cleaning easier. I also happen to like the way it looks as a finish.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Indeed, Feather is actually a medical equipment manufacturer, and the razor is just one of their very small businesses.

Therefore, they uphold the Japanese's demanding stainless steel medical equipment, and add the same chrome plating to the razor.

The reason is simple "Since we can do better, there is no reason not to do it"
Even if it's more than shave, I appreciate their spirit of trying to make things right.

The safety bar on this thing is THIN ...
IMG_3269.jpgIMG_3270.jpg

IMG_0292.jpgIMG_0293.jpg
Reveal is short, blade feel is there but not prominent. There are a little audio feedback but also not prominent.
Very smooth.
I think it would be a really potent contender given its current pricing.

Radically different compared with Styletto Aluminum which has VERY pronounced blade feel and VERY audible shaving experience (but I don't mean that's bad, in fact I enjoyed them).

Eagerly waiting for arrival of aluminum version ...

I love both the Syntesi & Styletto!
And I have good news for those that want a Syntesi. Maggard now has them in stock. They have the stainless and they have both aluminum versions.
The second one (the normal machined aluminum version) is supposed to be slightly more aggressive than the stainless and velvet versions. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I love both the Syntesi & Styletto!
And I have good news for those that want a Syntesi. Maggard now has them in stock. They have the stainless and they have both aluminum versions.
The second one (the normal machined aluminum version) is supposed to be slightly more aggressive than the stainless and velvet versions. Enjoy!

You are an efficient enabler, but I am not taking the bait this time. 😁

Has anyone tried this razor and the Lupo 95 SB as well? It is my favorite razor but I like to try new razors every once in a while. I want something with comparable efficiency or it doesn't suit me as much.

Has anyone tried this razor and the Lupo 95 SB as well? It is my favorite razor but I like to try new razors every once in a while. I want something with comparable efficiency or it doesn't suit me as much.
I just shaved with Lupo .95 SB and Syntesi (Aluminum) recently, from my experience they got similar efficiency but Syntesi has a little more blade feel and more noisy. Both are very smooth to me.

Previously I got stainless steel Syntesi but I've lend it to my friend since I prefer the lighter aluminum version.

It would be a different and interesting alternative to Lupo .95 SB, highly recommend. Please consider getting aluminum version (and perhaps also the aluminum Styletto).

I just shaved with Lupo .95 SB and Syntesi (Aluminum) recently, from my experience they got similar efficiency but Syntesi has a little more blade feel and more noisy. Both are very smooth to me.

Previously I got stainless steel Syntesi but I've lend it to my friend since I prefer the lighter aluminum version.

It would be a different and interesting alternative to Lupo .95 SB, highly recommend. Please consider getting aluminum version (and perhaps also the aluminum Styletto).
Great! Thanks for the advice! I do enjoy rhe heft of SS though, I might go for that one

Top Bottom