What's new

The Good, The Bad and The Hilarious!

Anyone who's a fan of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is sure to enjoy this extract from a documentary on the making of that film. Quality stuff! Hard to believe it's been over 40 years since it was made.

Anyone who's a fan of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is sure to enjoy this extract from a documentary on the making of that film. Quality stuff! Hard to believe it's been over 40 years since it was made.

Depending on the mood I'm in I sometimes think that's the best movie ever
made -- at least from the "Ecstasy of Gold" through the final three-way shoot-out.

Interesting facts about this classic western. I think my favorite Eastwood movie of all time has to be "Where Eagles Dare"

Thats a great clip & very interesting. Thanks for posting it. I will watch those scenes through different eyes now. Sounds like Eli Wallach is lucky to be alive after that gig.

Every timeThe Good, The Bad, & The Ugly is on, there goes another 3 hours out of my day.
Never get tired of it though.

Last edited:
Thats a great clip & very interesting. Thanks for posting it. I will watch those scenes through different eyes now. Sounds like Eli Wallach is lucky to be alive after that gig.

Every time its on, there goes another 3 hours out of my day.
Never get tired of it though.

Eli Wallach is rightly proud to have played that part. All three of the leads were absolutely essential to the film but Wallach won my heart.

His character was so pure as to actually be innocent. You can't fault a tiger for its stripes. I can imagine Angel Eyes or Blondie having a moment of introspection and perhaps feeling a little remorse but not Tuco. He's too child-like. Who can't forgive a child his transgressions?

The contribution of the soundtracks by Ennio Morricone to the success of these movies cannot be overstated. I posted this link a few months ago, and it seems appropriate to do so again.

I will watch those scenes through different eyes now. Sounds like Eli Wallach is lucky to be alive after that gig. .

Same here. Wow. Riding a scared horse for a mile with your hands tied behind your back! Great clip and thanks for sharing.

Velvetgoldmine: is your avatar Bowie in "The Man Who Sold The World"?

Live2Ride - yes, the character Thomas Jerome Newton, played by David Bowie in Nicholas Roeg's 'The Man Who Fell to Earth' (1975 British Lion Films). Based on the novel by Walter Tevis.

A regards that snippet of documentary, I found it very touching that Clint Eastwood 'took care' of Eli Wallach, and that Eli seemed so grateful. With good reason, as it turned out!

Last edited:
The 'Making of' DVD to the fantastic restored version of 'The Good. The Bad, And The Ugly' is HIGHLY recommended!

Last edited:
The 'Making of' DVD to the fantastic restaured version of 'The Good. The Bad, And The Ugly' is HIGHLY recommended!

I hated the "restored" version. It was so jarringly out of place. The "restored footage" was superfluous, unnecessary, and ridiculously cheesy especially considering you have 80 year old Clint's voice and 90 year old Eli Wallach's voice alongside their forty year-ago voices, not to mention a guy that sounds nothing like Lee Van Cleef doing Lee Van Cleef's voice. Interesting only as a curio or a novelty, should not be considered "definitive" or canonical. Stick with the remastered version, NOT the restored version.

Top Bottom