What's new

The Golden Age of Blades

The very best blades for me were from the 70's-80's where Schick, Wilkinson, Gillette and Personna made great and long lasting blades that were expensive. Today you can find really good blades with decent longevity at a very inexpensive price.

A Gillette Spoiler cost $0.15 per blades in 1973. That equates to $0.80 in todays currency. I typically get a full weeks worth of great shaves from a Spoiler.

A Personna Lab or Astra SP or Gillette Permasharp Green blade costs $0.12 per blade in todays dollars. I typically get 3 very good shaves from a Personna Lab or Astra SP or Gillette Permasharp Green.

I enjoy vintage blades and will buy them when I can find them at $0.25 per blade. I also enjoy shaving with modern blades which cost $0.12 per blade. I like the times we are living in.

Do you guys see a "turn around" coming? What I mean is DE shaving is gaining popularity, so could this cause everything DE related to inflate?

I'm guessing a lot of this has to do with the Third World. If they go cart, we are scrod.

The only problem I can find with this "Golden Age of Blades" is every time I find a blade I like I end wanting 100 of them :biggrin1:

Top Bottom