What's new

The Global Shave Club Toggle replica released!?

I can't find any reviews anywhere on the shaving forums or Youtube about that razor and I was wondering if anyone has purchased it to shed some light.
It's not like i'm going to spend that much money on a replica, but i'm still curious to see how folks find the replica, especialy if they also have the original.

I can't find any reviews anywhere on the shaving forums or Youtube about that razor and I was wondering if anyone has purchased it to shed some light.
It's not like i'm going to spend that much money on a replica, but i'm still curious to see how folks find the replica, especialy if they also have the original.
It is still in development. They sent out an email a few weeks ago.

So, they haven't actually shipped any, and the price is already discounted? For a fixed number of units? Is that because the crowdfunding raised more than they needed/expected?*

* These are rhetorical questions: I don't expect anyone here to have answers I'm just perplexed. :p

Correct me if im wrong, but I think those pictures are of a real Toggle and not the replica, so who knows how their product is going to look like? Their replica of the Fatboy isn't very good from the pictures i've seen.

• the GSC Toggle is being made by CNC machining and some die casting..
  • It features the same shave and blade gaps as the original
  • It is plated in Chrome.
  • It will be made of solid brass and feature a stainless steel handle, and frame. This increases the tensile strength many fold over the original, so our replica will actually be more durable than the original.
An interesting set of potential specs.

IF the toggle knob is solid brass, and IF the blade tray, elevator shaft, dial and handle are stainless, an ***-u-ming the doors are the cast parts, I would buy one, and cannibalize a set of brass doors off another TTO, likely a late model Ambassador in rough shape, or a Rocket, and have them plated to match.

This is copied from the progress email that they sent out on the Feb 15.

Toggle Progress!​

Just a note to say that our 1958 Toggle razor has entered the production stage and quantities are very limited. We have just 27 left to sell. Regularly $229.00. Pre-slae price $149.00.​

We expect the first production samples in March and then if the samples are good. it will take about 12 weeks to produce the razor.​

I should note that the email featured a picture that appears to be a real toggle. The pre-sale typo is from the email.
So, they haven't actually shipped any, and the price is already discounted? For a fixed number of units? Is that because the crowdfunding raised more than they needed/expected?*

* These are rhetorical questions: I don't expect anyone here to have answers I'm just perplexed. :p
so it is pre-sale price apparently.

An interesting set of potential specs.

IF the toggle knob is solid brass, and IF the blade tray, elevator shaft, dial and handle are stainless, an ***-u-ming the doors are the cast parts, I would buy one, and cannibalize a set of brass doors off another TTO, likely a late model Ambassador in rough shape, or a Rocket, and have them plated to match.
I'm pretty sure they added the bit about some die casting after I bought in. I am trying to keep an open mind, but, they don't inspire a lot of confidence.

So they just have entered production on a very limited number of razors and they have 27 left to sell, but despite that they are still using the pre-sale price of $149? And they also expect the first production samples in March and if they are good, then it would take them 12 more weeks to make the finished version of the razor?

659e51f817b75ee56d8f04a17a51513b.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Correct me if im wrong, but I think those pictures are of a real Toggle and not the replica, so who knows how their product is going to look like? Their replica of the Fatboy isn't very good from the pictures i've seen.
That’s what I was thinking. Anyway it looks too good to be true.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was so close, but you've ruined my plan! I've made a deal with GSC to promote their razor for a small profit and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling mods!
Nooooooooooo.......

View attachment 1413944
Though there is always concern, it's not that we're overly worried about anyone here being an agent for them.
We just don't want to allow the possibility of directing members to a site that may relieve them of their hard earned savings for naught!
Folks seem to find these things on their own with no difficulty, so we just don't want to advertise for them here.

Though there is always concern, it's not that we're overly worried about anyone here being an agent for them.
We just don't want to allow the possibility of directing members to a site that may relieve them of their hard earned savings for naught!
Folks seem to find these things on their own with no difficulty, so we just don't want to advertise for them here.

True. I just thought that they have released that razor on the market and was wondering how it looks and shaves.

This arrived via Email yesterday. Hmm, seems slightly suspicious.

Dear Customer,

As you may know our Toggle is being made in Pakistan. As you may also know there is a climate crisis in Pakistan. One third of the country is under water due to a severe monsoon season. Unfortunately our finished production of Toggle razors was destroyed by flood waters at the shipment point.

Global Shave Clubs paid for the Toggle razors that were manufactured, as they were in the process of being shipped. We are a tiny company, yet to make a profit, and this represents a huge loss which we cannot cover. But we are an honest company, so I went and took out a personal loan to cover the transactions.

I want to send you a refund for your purchase however this is problematic. PayPal only handles refunds up to 180 days old, and if you paid us directly and your credit card is no longer active, your bank will not know where to post the funds.

This leaves us with two choices.

The first is to offer a merchandise credit for the payment we received.

The second is to issue a check, which would take us six to eight weeks to process.

Please reply to this email and let me know how you would like me to address this situation.

We deeply apologize for any financial hardship that you have suffered as a result of this situation, and we will do everything in our power to mitigate your lost investment.
I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate circumstance.

I await your reply to

Sheldon

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom