What's new

The Gillette Razor Sampler

Since I've sent both a PM to the author & posted to the thread with no response...I'll repeat it here....

Why does the Gillette Sampler show 2 different 50's Era black handle Super Speeds when the 1'st black handles appeared in 1969? I got a ton of grief in SMF for false advertizing because I used this Primer as an (I thought) accurate guide when ID'ing a razor. If it is wrong, why does it remain so? If it isn't, why doesn't somebody tell me?

I was trying my best to correctly find out what I was buying & used this guide to help me...is there a reason I can't get a straight answer?

Doug...my pleasure...although it took me a minute to figure out you weren't calling me Doug! :eek:

I have a basket full of Gillettes, and have never worried about when they were made. Jerry put the guide together, and should be back next week.

Randy

Doug.rtaylor61 said:
Doug...my pleasure...although it took me a minute to figure out you weren't calling me Doug! :eek:

I have a basket full of Gillettes, and have never worried about when they were made. Jerry put the guide together, and should be back next week.

Randy
Hi Doug

Kalypso:

Short answer is I don't know. Here's the resource I used to date my razors. My black handled superspeed is marked A3 and the last A shown for a TTO in that body of work is 1955. It shows in 1974 that A-J were used again but it does not list TTO (twist to open) razors for those dates. So, if someone has researched it more and come up with a different answer, they're obviously using a different source. I will remove the dates on the post on those two razors so as not to create any confusion. Currently, my edit button is missing on the post and I've PM'd Nick to see if he can resolve the issue.

Top Bottom