What's new

The Gillette Fusion bites back!

So last night I had some spare time on my hands and was in need of a shave, I put some old school Edith Piaff music on and began my normal routine with my EJ DE89, an Astra SP blade, proraso soap and pre shave cream. Twenty minutes later I had a DFS and was quite pleased, probably the best one yet in my 2 months of DE shaving, no nicks, no irritation.

Later that evening, I felt one of those stray whiskers, right under my bottom lip, in the corner. As I'd cleaned and put away my DE razor I went into the bathroom, where my old cart Fusion was laying soullessly on the counter, not having been touched in about 2 months. I quickly wet my finger and rubbed it in a little soap and then rubbed the offending whisker and grabbed the Fusion.

I guess it must have been feeling very neglected (either that, or I was too gung ho after mastering the DE) anyhow as I swiped across my face that SOB grabbed and gave me a nasty little nick right on my lip, probably the worst nick I've ever had!

Moral of the story - if you take up DE shaving, don't leave your old cart laying around where it can see you playing with new friends, they tend to build up resentment!!

Have since chucked ALL my carts - every single one. Only got a couple of disposable single blades for travel.

I don't know if it it is the same for you, but what I have learned all these years is that if you keep on shaving with the same razor, then you and your face gets used to it. It is like always putting on the same shoes. If you have to put on another shoes, then it feels strange and uncomfortable. That is why I don't always shave with the same razor and I change from one to another with no order: I just pick the one which I feel like to shave on that day. Finally I use my electrical shaver on spots which I cannot shave AG.

Same for the shoes: not the same longer than 4 days.:biggrin1:

Bytebuster

The Fusion must have a pivoting head, and I could see how that would lead to injury after having switched over. With a Fusion, the head probably pivots (?), then one moves the wrist while keeping the elbow and shoulder in mostly the same position; with DE shaving, the shoulder and elbow moves and the wrist is mostly kept in the same position, and there are fewer possible pivot points.

Top Bottom